ADVERTISEMENT

I know ISU fans are to be reviled, but…

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
They aren’t all super hopped up anti-Iowa people. It was suggested there is a long thread complaining about the call and us winning, and that’s true….

However it is a long winding tournament thread covering a lot of teams with an emphasis on Iowa. And yes, there are some guys over there, much like here, who hate everything Iowa & they go out of the way to make themselves feel better about their hate by justifying all kinds of stupid bullshit..

But, below is an example of a couple guys who get it and have called out the propaganda…

….The way I saw the game, Iowa came out tentative and wasn't playing sound basketball in the first half. They were very lucky to not be down by a lot more at halftime. In the second half, they started playing better defense and it looked to me like they were intentionally not running the offense through Clark. They got things going and then Clark got involved. Hannah Stuelke played a whale of a game and well-deserved player of the game honors. In the star matchup, I thought it was easy to forget Paige Buekers was on the floor for a lot of the game. Not so with Clark. Even though she had a subpar game shooting the ball and still played indifferent defense, she was integrated into the offense and you couldn't forget she was on the floor. If Iowa had played better in the first half and shot a bit better, they should have won by 20. The Connecticut defender on Clark did a great job. Foul problems and a lack of depth certainly hurt Connecticut….,

And….

I dont comment on women's basketball much, but here's my 2 cents.

It looked very questionable live, and quite frankly I was shocked any kind of team from this state got a call like that. Upon further review of different angles, it was one of the most blatantly obvious moving screens I've ever seen and needed to be called.

You can't let something that obvious go in that situation, respect for that official for having the guts to make the call.…

All in all, people are beginning to see it. If they “want” to…

And if they don’t who cares, I’m not gonna apologize. Every team has been on the bad end of a lot of calls, and as another said, it’s rare a team like Iowa will even get that call, but the reality is it was pretty damn blatant!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT