ADVERTISEMENT

"He's gonna spill some paint"....

Joes Place

HR King
Aug 28, 2003
....yeah....but it's fun to watch him painting it up on the court, ain't it?

Work on that outside shooting, and he'll be unstoppable. I sure hope JT doesn't just end up like another Kevin Smith....lots of potential here.

I think he first needs to learn/refine running the offense....he has two good teachers in JBO & Connor in addition to the coaching staff. At the same time he needs to learn when to attack and when to pull back-besides watching film, experience and review are the best teachers.

All this while continuing work on his outside shot.

This young man obviously has a ton of potential AND a great environment to learn and get experience before it's all on his shoulders. Hopefully he learns sooner than later so that he can take advantage of his immense talent.

Last edited:
He is not there yet and is forcing some things. But man, the effort is there. He is going to be really good.

I would add in the "when the game slows down for him" comment. He's fun to watch and some of the passes are entertaining as hell.
Some of the bumps along the way will be painful, but the good appears like it will far outnumber the bad with this kid.

And having his and Evelyn's quick hands on defense is nice addition!

The more PT he gets the more patience he'll get.

Right now hes trying to hard to make something happen every time he has the ball and hes not that caliber of player right now.

That was the announcer's point: he's gonna spill some paint and make mistakes - but he's just too good to keep off the floor based on the productivity you're gonna get and disruption you'll get on the defensive end.

Biggest thing with Joe T is try to limit his mistakes....don't try to make a play that is not there. His vision is incredible....he sees two plays ahead of everyone else. I love that we have this weapon and won't it be fun to watch him develop?

Was he a scorer, and perhaps more importantly for this discussion, a shooter in HS?

From what I've gathered since he signed, he was a scorer, but not a great shooter.

However, this team doesn't need more shooters, they need more people that can attack and score or dish.

And for anyone saying "He needs to shoot better to be able to get in the lane"...yeah, there's like six players that can do both effectively.

Here is a 5:30 clip from You Tube on Touissant. He doesn't take a lot of 3's, but has a nice looking shot. Highlight clips only show the good plays, but what he shows in this clip is what he has started to show the last couple games. What stands out is how strong he is--finishes with both hands in traffic and isn't afraid of contact.

He needs to tighten his handle a little. And then in the off-season work on shooting off the dribble. He’ll be able to get a pull up jumper whenever he wants, so it’s just a matter of whether he make that shot efficiently. His form and footwork look fine it. So I’m optimistic it’s just a matter of offseason repetition.

He needs to tighten his handle a little. And then in the off-season work on shooting off the dribble. He’ll be able to get a pull up jumper whenever he wants, so it’s just a matter of whether he make that shot efficiently. His form and footwork look fine it. So I’m optimistic it’s just a matter of offseason repetition.
His dribble was so high last night I wondered if the ball was over inflated. He does need to get that under control.

I liked that he took the shots without hesitating. I think he can become a decent shooter in looking at his form. I was very impressed with him against the zone. Yes, he made some mistakes in trying to do too much but I thought he was looking at moving the ball exactly where it needed to go consistently. I like the attack attitude. I would like the team to do a few pick and rolls with him and Garza and JW and Garza. JT just seems to have very good vision of the court. He needs to calm it down a bit but only a bit.

Reactions: Ronman
I would not be surprised at all if Joe T isn't shooting the three at a pretty good percentage throughout the second half of the season. His release is consistent and pretty sound fundamentally. It's just a matter of relaxing a bit (comes with playing time), getting his feet under him (relaxed and in rhythm). Pretty good balance, release, arc—just needs to relax and get his feet underneath him.

Reactions: Ronman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT