ADVERTISEMENT

Hey you office people, how do you work and walk at one of those standing desk things

BlIIlken2

HR All-American
Nov 23, 2021
No way I would ever be able to focus on a computer while walking stationary. Seems silly. Like something a hamster would do

Reactions: GOHOX69
desk-treadmill-6411facacbc06.png

I don’t need one of those. I’m a walker-talker. I have a standing desk and a tall chair but If I’m on the phone I likely have a squeeze ball in my hand and am walking around my entire office and only at the desk to confirm information. I should wear a pedometer because I don’t keep the phone on me at all times.

Cousin of mine got a standing desk with a treadmill after his divorce was done. His ex put him thru hell and stressed him out and at a family get together he looked like hell. Once it was finalized and he won custody the next time we saw him he looked amazing. He credits this thing.

Reactions: Moral and McLovin32
My fiance no pics has one of these. I would NEVER want one at my desk but she freaking loves it/csb

Are you engaged to a hamster, bro?

Cousin of mine got a standing desk with a treadmill after his divorce was done. His ex put him thru hell and stressed him out and at a family get together he looked like hell. Once it was finalized and he won custody the next time we saw him he looked amazing. He credits this thing.

Is you cousin a hamster?

No way I would ever be able to focus on a computer while walking stationary. Seems silly. Like something a hamster would do

Am I doing this right, OP?

Running experiments and supervising people is a physical business. Standing desk not necessary. Company next to mine had them, then one fine day they were gone. They are fat females who gossip loudly all day.

our company installed adjustable desk tops several years so people can decide if they want to stay or not

it's really silly in the cubicle section though as if they are standing only their head sticks above the glass dividers

so dumb

You guys remember when exercise balls were popular as computer chairs? I would always just use the exercise ball when I came around to do IT stuff even though all of them would offer to get me a chair. I have also used people's treadmill/standing desk setup.

A cool feature of a standing desk is it can be adjusted to a be a tall person's regular desk. I own one specifically for that reason.

You guys remember when exercise balls were popular as computer chairs? I would always just use the exercise ball when I came around to do IT stuff even though all of them would offer to get me a chair. I have also used people's treadmill/standing desk setup.

A cool feature of a standing desk is it can be adjusted to a be a tall person's regular desk. I own one specifically for that reason.
I hope you would deflate your medicine ball after each task. Then get to the next persons desk, bust out your medicine ball and pump, pump it up, unplug and replug in their computer, deflate medicine ball. Move to next one.

Reactions: Moral
I have a very nice, large L shaped desk in my office.

The arm is an electronic desk that raises up.

It's just not practical for what I do. I've never used it once and I never will.

I just switched a PC at one of these standing desks with treadmill. I managed to keep my cool but I was about to go off on the computer user.

• Love
Reactions: BlIIlken2

Yes. Co worker had one explode underneath him in a quiet office. Sounded like a bomb went off. Csb

Lots of people here had to have them a couple of years ago and now nobody uses it at all. If I wanna stand up I stand up and walk around.

The cardio bunnies in my old office got those. They were stupid but the chicks that had them were enjoyable to look at. Could have put on a little muscle though.

Kind of surprised a company would have these. Liability/workers comp incident just waiting to happen.

Works if you have to watch video or write in a word processor. Does NOT work if you work in spreadsheets.

I put mine at 1.8-2mph and can type just fine if it's email/word etc. Excel is a big nope

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT