ADVERTISEMENT

Higdon

Higdon flips to michigan.. well that sucks. I guess i hope for the best with this kid but kinda lame of him to switch on the last possible day so we have no time to recover.

Yep, didn't take very long for Kirks apologists to start attacking the kid for making a decision about his future.

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
Classy move to wait to signing day so we have no chance to get another RB

Seriously? Who were we going to get other than him? Nobody, period. This staff sucks, and until they are gone we are going to keep falling to new lows. Maybe we can offer a 2 star from Solon today to fill the hole.

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:
Yep, didn't take very long for Kirks apologists to start attacking the kid for making a decision about his future.
are people attacking him on twitter?

Originally posted by meatloaf55:
are people attacking him on twitter?
I have a feeling there will be a lot of hate thrown his way on Twitter.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

So I guess this means he won't be showing up at the Iowa Spring game to meet up with the Paulsen twins as he was tweeting to them yesterday.....

Yep, didn't take the Anti-Kirk "fans" to attack the coach because of a turncoat kid whose coach pushed him to Meatchicken....

Some teams steal players from D2 programs and others steal players from Iowa. That's recruiting.

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

my info is as good as you morons.
Why say anything without any substance to it???
Talked to 2 memebers of the premium site today who said he is solid.............
Haha nice 'info' Matt!

Originally posted by Fatsohawk:
Yep, didn't take the Anti-Kirk "fans" to attack the coach because of a turncoat kid whose coach pushed him to Meatchicken....
Wait, are you trying to say it isn't Kirks job to keep these recruits committed to the program?

Boy, I know recruiting has drastically changed but this last-second, day of, change from a kid who sounded all but signed, sealed, and delivered has truly warped my feelings about the recruiting process. Just yesterday I read that article someone posted about how he is 100% committed to Iowa, how he planned to come in and play right away, etc. The kid sounded like he had a good head on his shoulders and he knew where he wanted to go ... Holy cow, to lose him the morning of signing day is unfortunate on many fronts. All of this fllipping schools during the recruiting process has become a complete joke. They need to change the system as it isnow because it only encourages these last-minute flips, etc. Wow, this one just really surprised me as I thought he was sticking with Iowa no matter what.

Originally posted by DesMoinesHawki:

Boy, I know recruiting has drastically changed but this last-second, day of, change from a kid who sounded all but signed, sealed, and delivered has truly warped my feelings about the recruiting process. Just yesterday I read that article someone posted about how he is 100% committed to Iowa, how he planned to come in and play right away, etc. The kid sounded like he had a good head on his shoulders and he knew where he wanted to go ... Holy cow, to lose him the morning of signing day is unfortunate on many fronts. All of this fllipping schools during the recruiting process has become a complete joke. They need to change the system as it isnow because it only encourages these last-minute flips, etc. Wow, this one just really surprised me as I thought he was sticking with Iowa no matter what.
Translation:

"Since our coaches are not good enough recruiters to secure kids already committed to us or good enough to sway kids from other good programs, we should just scrap this system because it isn't fair."

Can anyone really blame him? I don't, Iowa Football right now leads the country in boring. No recruit is going to choose boring if they have better options.

Translation:

"Since our coaches are not good enough recruiters to secure kids already committed to us or good enough to sway kids from other good programs, we should just scrap this system because it isn't fair."
Don't be a dbag. I didn't say we should scrap it or that it isn't fair. My point is that recruiting has gotten out of hand and the NCAA needs to make some changes.

Talked to 2 memebers of the premium site today who said he is solid.............
LOL. I do believe you are the sage from seattle: stevenpatrick.

Originally posted by iammrhawkeyes:

I'd cut him some slack on this one. Higdon made liars out of a lot of people....including his AD who said just last night he was committing to IA. Obviously it's in vogue to blame the staff on this, but I can say from over 40 years experience in sales that's it's damn hard to close when people are lying to you.

Has the coaching staff announced, yet, that they have signed a "hidden gem" running back out of Canada?

Originally posted by thejazzcat:

I'd cut him some slack on this one. Higdon made liars out of a lot of people....including his AD who said just last night he was committing to IA. Obviously it's in vogue to blame the staff on this, but I can say from over 40 years experience in sales that's it's damn hard to close when people are lying to you.
Not even ripping on him, j.cat. Just figured out his true identity:) I don't get into the recruiting hoopla.

Originally posted by thejazzcat:

Not even ripping on him, j.cat. Just figured out his true identity:) I don't get into the recruiting hoopla.
Oh I could see that....my first sentence was tongue-in-cheek....should have used a smiley face or something :) But the rest of my post was dead serious.

Translation:

Don't be a dbag. I didn't say we should scrap it or that it isn't fair. My point is that recruiting has gotten out of hand and the NCAA needs to make some changes.
They need to do like bball does with an early signing period. Biggest obstacle I see is all the $ ESPN and other networks make with all the signing day BS which we will be seeing later after work today.

Ooops, guess you said something without any substance to it. Looks like your info was not as good as the 'morons.' Solid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT