ADVERTISEMENT

I was at a sports show last week...

makeachange

Rookie
Mar 1, 2015
wearing my Iowa shirt. Everyone joked about the unlimited contract of KF, the AD who can't make a change because it says he was wrong if he does.

Also they said Mark Stoops was the likely replacement due to his recruiting abilities and knowledge of Iowa. Thought it was entertaining hearing what others in the country were saying....thanks

This post was edited on 3/2 4:14 PM by makeachange

Originally posted by makeachange:
wearing my Iowa shirt. Everyone joked about the unlimited contract of KF, the AD who can't make a change because it says he was wrong if he does.

Also they said Mark Stoops was the likely replacement due to his recruiting abilities and knowledge of Iowa. Thought it was entertaining hearing what others in the country were saying....thanks

Everyone meaning the voice in your head? Unlimited?

re: KF's "unlimited contract".

That would be something if it was true. Sometimes its hard to tell - where they laughing with you or at you?

So instead of rebutting how bad Ferentz's contract is with some facts, you making fun of OP like some giggling 5th graders. Nice.

You could have said how his contract extension was done after an Orange Bowl win and Iowa wanted to finally stop the rumors that Ferentz was going to the NFL. But saying those people critical of Ferentz's contract were all in the guys' head instead, that was just classy.

I tend to believe the OP, as a simple "kirk frentz contract" search on google brings up a ton of sites that have nothing to do with the hawkeyes but make fun of Iowa because of the stupidity of the contract. Like how Brady Hoke's buyout is only 25% while Ferentz is 75%. Or how Pellini has the amount owed to him reduced by whatever amount he gets coaching elsewhere, while Ferentz's does not, which is about unheard of.

But that OP nerd has voices in his head, hehehe.

Was this Sports Show in your head or dreams? Sports fans talking about an unlimited contract of a coach seem really bored or lonely.

Come on don't be so hard on makeachange[/URL]! I was at that sports show also and he's right everyone was talking about Iowa football. In fact over the two hours I was there the show had several announcements and each time they closed with "Oh by the way Mark Stoops will be the next football coach at Iowa." One fishing resort from British Columbia had a contest to win an all expense paid trip...the question, put down when Kirk Ferentz's contract is up. In fact one fishing charter from El Salvador had a multiple choice question for their contest. Mark Stoops knowledge of Iowa is 90%, 75%, 50% or less. So give the guy a break.

P.S. I didn't notice many signing up for the El Salvador trip as it was sponsored by MS-13

Similar experience while traveling due to the fact that I always wear an IOWA hat/shirt/jacket. The only difference being folks usually approach me asking me when are we going to paint the water tower. This is then followed by asking why we don't have a logo at midfield. The conversation then comes to a complete halt when I am asked why Sally hates the Hawkeyes. It never ceases to amaze me how people outside the state are so well informed and concerned about the University of Iowa.

Specifically, what sports show you at? thx

Were you at an ISU game then??

Yes, and all the people checking on the 'fly in' fishing options were talking about what a magnificent job your coach Paw Wodes is doing in clowntown.
laugh.r191677.gif

wow. a lot if hate here for a simple post.
You said 'everyone'. I really doubt every single person at this show was talking about it. If you would have just said, 'a few people', which is probably more accurate, you wouldn't have taken so much grief.
Always trying to help!

If anyone can read Barta's mind and predict who the next coach will be, deserves his own psychic site. Plus all those unknown sources that many of Hawk fans use on these Iowa sites would suddenly have no importance and would disappear.

Well you're definitely a rookie because as soon as they mentioned freaking Mark Stoops you should have been screaming MORONS! Mark Stoops for chrissake. I might consider BOB Stoops if every other football coach in America suddenly drops dead in the same minute of the same day, but FREAKING MARK STOOPS? Better we try a couple of seasons with no coach at all.

My question to you, o wise one with 2 posts, is how come fans across the nation are so informed about the Iowa Hawkeyes, and we have so many stupid people on this site???

Originally posted by HoustonHawkeye:

My question to you, o wise one with 2 posts, is how come fans across the nation are so informed about the Iowa Hawkeyes, and we have so many stupid people on this site???
Most real fans get their information from credible news sources, whereas some idiots come on 'free message boards' and listen to a bunch of idiots who don't know what they are talking about, thus they are idiotic. You listen to Aegon, ThatFootball, Hawkeye17, Sandcow, etc. etc. etc.for a while and you will be stupid in a rather short time. Pretty simple answer, really.

So non iowa fans were telling you what's wrong with the program and what's going to happen next? You should be ashamed you let this occur. What you should have told them is that Bret Bielema will be our savior and that if your not a hawkeye you ain't shit...May dan gable put you in the cobra clutch if this ever happens again.

I was at the same sports show and I saw Jake Rudock there wearing a Michigan T-shirt. Everyone was asking him how long before Harbaugh goes back to the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT