ADVERTISEMENT

if we make this a running game...

Kurt Warner

HR Heisman
Jan 12, 2010
Iowa
Are they gonna burn us with wide open threes? Or will we still out score them anyway? Gonna be interesting huh?

Well, they average giving up 69 ppg and we're like 17-1 when scoring over 64 so maybe we do want this to be run and gun. They'll get their 3's anyway, whether they're in transition or not. If it is a wide open game, I would hope it would turn into a dunk-a-thon for White and Gabe.

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
Well, they average giving up 69 ppg and we're like 17-1 when scoring over 64 so maybe we do want this to be run and gun.  They'll get their 3's anyway, whether they're in transition or not.  If it is a wide open game, I would hope it would turn into a dunk-a-thon for White and Gabe.
I think we have to exploit the decided advantage in the post, but in addition I don't think it's a bad idea to run. Iowa was actually 20-1 when scoring at least 64. I posted this in another thread so don't want to be too redundant, but everyone touts Davidsons nearly 80 ppg. If you scrub that down to teams in the top 200 (so take out essentially the teams we play non con as a tune up) and games away from their home court and they go from 80-69 to 72-77. Woof. Now Iowa takes a dip as well (from 69-62 to 65-65 I believe), but that's huge. They go from blowing people out statistically to losing by a handful. If Iowa can establish the post, defend the 3, and get out and run without turning it over a ton, I really like our chances.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT