ADVERTISEMENT

I'm looking at this 2015 schedule and asking myself which opponents...

soybean

HR King
Sep 30, 2001
...will be ranked in the Top25 when we play them?

Wisconsin would be the first obvious chance, but its unlikely the Badgers can beat Alabama and then their schedule is quite week until they play us the first week of October.

Nebraska is another possibility but I think that although Riley will probably have the Huskers playing tough in late November I think they will stumble at least 3, or possibly 4, times before we play them.

Minnesota is a long shot, but Kill may have the Gophers looking pretty robust early on but they face TCU in their opener and then Michigan, Nebraska and Ohio State before we get them.

Thoughts?

I think Wisconsin is the only hope to be honest. Another week year in the Big 10. Ohio State will be ranked when we play them though. :)

Is a week year a very long week or a very short year, I'm confused. Why is this limited to just the Big 10?

I think Minny hits the top 25 early after downing TCU, but loses to one of NW/Purdue/Nebraska, beats Mich, but loses to OSU.

Will that have them in the top 25? Maybe, they'd be 7-2. Probably depends on which of the three they lose to and how TCU recovers.

Wiscy won't be ranked, neither will Neb. It ain't a hard-hitting schedule. I think Iowa will be just outside the 25.

Wisconsin may start high enough in the rankings based on rep alone that they could still be ranked with one loss by the time we play.

Otherwise it'll depend on how teams' seasons play out. Nebraska being the other most obvious to be ranked. Our luck would be that Nebraska is having decent success under their first year coach and is something like 9-2 or 8-3 and ranked. Boo that noise.

I think Minny hits the top 25 early after downing TCU, but loses to one of NW/Purdue/Nebraska, beats Mich, but loses to OSU.

Will that have them in the top 25? Maybe, they'd be 7-2. Probably depends on which of the three they lose to and how TCU recovers.

Wiscy won't be ranked, neither will Neb. It ain't a hard-hitting schedule. I think Iowa will be just outside the 25.
Oh TCU is losing to Minnesota are they?.......

It's pretty much a done deal for me that this year's Minnesota team is one that I need to see them do something before I put them on a pedestal like some of our fans and other teams' fans have. More so than most likewise teams in recent memory including 2013 Northwestern.

I'll wait and watch them prove their worth before I jump on the bandwagon, thanks. #killforcoty..............

It's pretty much a done deal for me that this year's Minnesota team is one that I need to see them do something before I put them on a pedestal like some of our fans and other teams' fans have. More so than most likewise teams in recent memory including 2013 Northwestern.

I'll wait and watch them prove their worth before I jump on the bandwagon, thanks. #killforcoty..............
I would love to see us win all the trophy games, (cy-hawk, Floyd and the one with wiscy), this year and get that trophy case full up.

I see, but not TCU, they are just a juggernaut. Got it.

I take it you ignored where I had them losing to middlepack Big teams.

Minnesota has rarely beat Michigan at home. Of the 3 losses in modern year, Wolverines lost all three at home.

Well if the TCU team from a couple years ago was playing then it would be a lot different. But guess what that TCU isn't playing. TCU has one of the best players in college football at QB and teams that have top QBs win most of their games. TCU has 10 starters returning on offense and they always produce a good defense. TCU will beat Minnesota by at least 20.

I know we suffer from only having short term memory, but TCU was a 4 win team just two years ago, 7-6 before that.

We shall see which year in the Big 12 is the outlier.
Yeah but Iowa fans say the same thing and then Ohio State fans are like nah you're just little old Iowa. You guys will suck and at the very least you'll lose to us badly. And for the most part...they're right.
That's why I hate Ohio State fans and why you should hate Ohio State fans as well. Because f*** Ohio State.

LOL,I just wish Iowa would be ranked for once when Wisconsin plays them.Wisconsin will not beat Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT