ADVERTISEMENT

In the Last 5:44 of the Home Game vs Maryland (2 point loss), IOWA had 0 FGs, 4 Turnovers & 2 Missed Layups

This used to be unheard of for a conference home game.

Is this down to Lickliter levels yet? Seems I read that those were even worse, but still...
It’s a huge bummer walking in and seeing the pathetic crowds (Purdue an exception). The fans that were there showed some enthusiasm. I guess we’re the dedicated few still turning up.

Yesterday's game had a 6:00 pm CT Tip. Weather was good.

Attendance (tickets distributed): 8,532

Actual scanned tickets (butts in the seats)? Lower number.
Where did you come up with that number? They absolutely distribute way more than that. I sometimes buy tickets direct from the athletic office website before going to StubHub because I can get youth pricing for the kids buying them that way. There are never 6 thousand unsold tickets for ANY game.

Is this down to Lickliter levels yet? Seems I read that those were even worse, but still...
Iowa isn’t the only one struggling with fans at games. But silly to compare to lickliter years which were significantly worst Iowa teams. The average was about 4,500 in attendance for one year with him.

I understand people having beef or fatigue with Fran who usually has early tourney exits… but let’s keep things in perspective. Lickliter competes for worst big ten coach EVER let alone at Iowa.

Where did you come up with that number? They absolutely distribute way more than that. I sometimes buy tickets direct from the athletic office website before going to StubHub because I can get youth pricing for the kids buying them that way. There are never 6 thousand unsold tickets for ANY game.

Dochterman wrote that of of the 8,532 tickets distributed for last night's game, there were approximately 6,500 actual butts in the seats.

It is just a reminder that announced attendance (8,532) does not equal tickets scanned at the door (approx 6,500).

cc: @HawkHoops80

Iowa isn’t the only one struggling with fans at games. But silly to compare to lickliter years which were significantly worst Iowa teams. The average was about 4,500 in attendance for one year with him.

I understand people having beef or fatigue with Fran who usually has early tourney exits… but let’s keep things in perspective. Lickliter competes for worst big ten coach EVER let alone at Iowa.
Yeah, it was a simple question about where the Lickliter years were at for attendance. I haven't forgotten how bad he was.

It's clear that attendance is waning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Franisdaman
Pryce has no business playing in this game. I thought Brauns was decent. Bowen has a bit of talent but is showing no improvement.
Pryce is the most disapointing Fr. He doesn't look like he belongs on the floor. I expected much more out of him. Payton played much better as a Fr.

What was McCaffery thinking? He should have charged the floor and made a tackle on that last play! Because we all know, when the team wins, it's on the players. When they lose, it's on the coach.

These Scott Dochterman (of the Athletic) pictures are from the first half of the game on Wed Jan 24 vs Maryland, which had a 6:00 pm CT Tip.

Those are some telling photos.
Less than half-filled for a conference game in the middle of the season is pathetic.
Doesn't have to be the all-time worst (lickliter years) to be bad, which this is.

Dochterman wrote that of of the 8,532 tickets distributed for last night's game, there were approximately 6,500 actual butts in the seats.

It is just a reminder that announced attendance (8,532) does not equal tickets scanned at the door (approx 6,500).

cc: @HawkHoops80

Hawkeyesports.com has the attendance (total distributed) in the pdf box scores. It even goes back as far as the Lick years, which were better than I thought (distributed wise).

Need to emphasize the stretch runs and finding ways. Been the difference all year.

These 5 losses are killers.

Just win 3 of these 5 and we are sitting ALL ALONE in 3rd place in the B1G at 18-8, 10-5 (instead of 15-11, 7-8).

Home to #114 NET Michigan (90-80 L)
Home to #75 NET Maryland (69-67 L)
At #99 NET Indiana (74-68 L)
At #97 NET Penn St (89-79 L)
At #75 NET Maryland (78-66 L)

Three of their final five games are on the road. @ Sparty, @Illini, and @ Northwestern. Gonna be a tough go, and I don't believe they can get these wins. Gotta hold home court vs PSU and Illini. Was good to get the win against Wisky, but that was at home. I don't believe that somehow they go on an epic win streak to finish the conference with a win-out.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT