ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting article on Bret B and social media

thejazzcat

HR Heisman
Sep 25, 2001
"We have a social media background screening that you've got to go through," he said, "and if you have a social media nickname or something on your Twitter account that makes me sick, I'm not going to recruit you. I've turned down players based on their Twitter handles. I've turned down players based on Twitter pictures."

Can anybody honestly say there wouldn't be an absolute firestorm on this board if that were KF being quoted?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...razorbacks-rejects-recruits-twitter-red-flags

There would not be a firestorm. Ferentz doesn't recruit these types of kids anyway since the legal fiascos of the late 2000s and 2010.

Reactions: frydaze
There would not be a firestorm. Ferentz doesn't recruit these types of kids anyway since the legal fiascos of the late 2000s and 2010.
I agree that KF doesn't recruit certain types of kids. But the way his words are parsed on here, I can only imagine what would happen if he were to say to national reporter "I've turned down players because of their twitter handle".

"We have a social media background screening that you've got to go through," he said, "and if you have a social media nickname or something on your Twitter account that makes me sick, I'm not going to recruit you. I've turned down players based on their Twitter handles. I've turned down players based on Twitter pictures."

Can anybody honestly say there wouldn't be an absolute firestorm on this board if that were KF being quoted?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...razorbacks-rejects-recruits-twitter-red-flags

It would be more like "I can't believe KF even knows what Twitter is."

Reactions: Niko13
It's simple. When you are doing well when you say that people think you're tough.

When things are not going well when you say that you're a dumb jerk.

When BB says it they're both right.

Not only was there not a firestorm after this comment, but total support from the fan base. His back to back shutout victories against LSU and Ole Miss has somewhat silenced most of the doubters. Of course he still only has 2 conference victories in 2 seasons.

People are idiots when it comes to social media. I employ people and several applicants were not interviewed for an open position due to content on their facebook page. It shocks me that in the modern era, people aren't smart enough to realize that the information is easily searchable by the public.

Last edited:
My guess would be 8 wins with their schedule. Anything above that will be a surprise. Being in what is thought to be the toughest division in all of college football that would probably be 4-4 conference record.

My guess would be 8 wins with their schedule. Anything above that will be a surprise. Being in what is thought to be the toughest division in all of college football that would probably be 4-4 conference record.
Why do some of you think BB would come "home" to Iowa (he's from Illinois BTW). He left a school that is the only major in one state to go one that is the same in another state with recruits at his back door. "Home" to a state with media that is salivating for some scandal to happen? Anyway, if you'r e looking for another Hayden, he certainly didn't come "home."

I hope BB has a couple of 7-8 win seasons next few years and fans in Arkansas get restless hoping for a change like Hawk fans now are now. Plus you think it would be enticing to make the change after facing the juggernauts of the SEC West every year then going to the Big 10 West. Replace Bama, LSU, A & M, Auburn of the worlds with the N'Western, Purdue, Minny & Illinois type teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT