ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa baseball defeats DMACC in fall ball

Mar 14, 2003
15-13 in 14 innings....Iowa was leading 11-10 after 9 innings and wins 4-3 in the additional innings.

This is the first time I remember Iowa going undefeated in fall ball. It seemed like one of the Iowa JuCo's always beat Iowa, usually a couple of them.

LINK

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
15-13 in 14 innings....Iowa was leading 11-10 after 9 innings and wins 4-3 in the additional innings.

This is the first time I remember Iowa going undefeated in fall ball. It seemed like one of the Iowa JuCo's always beat Iowa, usually a couple of them.

Sounds about right. They've had about as many extra base hits in those four games than they had all of last year. Plus, they've already hit more home runs than last year.

Originally posted by 2bagger22:

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:

Sounds about right. They've had about as many extra base hits in those four games than they had all of last year. Plus, they've already hit more home runs than last year.

Granted, it is only fall ball. What is Heller doing to get these kind of numbers though? Something had to be broken with Coach Dahm because I find it hard to believe Heller can come in and within a month the offense improved that drastically. Granted, we will see MUCH better pitchers once the regular season starts. However, Iowa's offense was a still a team that hit a lot of singles and you'd hope for a few double and if you're lucky a triple against even DIII Iowa schools under Dahm.

From what I was told, "things are starting to come together". Whatever that means, I'm optimistic. Our pitching staff has been a bit suspect, however. Hopefully that will change come February.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT