ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball vs Nebraska

Mar 14, 2003
Huge series this weekend and a great opportunity. Games are 6 on fri, 3pm on sat, 1pm on sun. Offense could be at a premium so iowa will need to play well and stay hungry. Rain looks likely Friday night and before noon Saturday. So pay attention.

Wanted to come out from DSM this Saturday, but the weather looks super sucky. Wish a game or two was on TV.

You guys could just come to Lincoln and play.....nice and sunny here! And you haven't been here in several years :)

I live in Eastern NE, so I am all for the Hawkeyes coming to Lincoln at some point again. I am not a fan of how the B1G has done scheduling due to adding teams. Iowa has had to go on the road to places two, three years in a row like Nebraska is doing to Iowa City.

According to Iowa Baseball twitter, looks like the 7:30pm start time is a no go. Trying to decide what they will do next.

Nice picture of Heller/Erstad trying to figure it out...

I was reading Darin Erstad's twitter and when it looked like we still may start at 7:30-8, he said they adjusted their lineup because a lefty was starting for Iowa now? Any insight on this? Why would we pull Peyton for a later start had it happened? Who would the lefty be, Erickson? I don't see any other lefty on our roster that I would really want to start vs Nebby.

I live in Eastern NE, so I am all for the Hawkeyes coming to Lincoln at some point again. I am not a fan of how the B1G has done scheduling due to adding teams. Iowa has had to go on the road to places two, three years in a row like Nebraska is doing to Iowa City.

Just like we've had to go to Iowa City for like three straight years now, Ohio State has had to come to Lincoln for three straight years. I agree, the scheduling is strange.

4-3 win! Iowa scores 3 unearned runs in the first and holds on. Nebraska stranded the bases loaded after scoring one in the ninth.

Iowa wins 4-3 to take game one. A two out error, a walk, and some singles opened things up for Iowa early as they took a 3-0 lead. Nebraska battled back and got things to 3-2 before a 2-out single by Mangler in the 7th put Iowa up 4-2. The 9th was interesting as Nebraska had the bases loaded at the end, plated a run in the 9th, and a couple great defensive plays were made to rob Nebraska of hits. Blake Hickman went 5 2/3, he cruised through 4 before running into trouble. Ryan Erickson and Luke Vandermaten pitched the rest.

Two more games on Sunday, it would be nice if Iowa could get the series W.

My concern right now that Tyler Peyton seems to be MIA? He was scratched from the start last night before it was postponed. Then today, doesn't pitch nor play 1B? Any idea whats up?

1,216 was the crowd on a cold, windy, damp day. Hopefully with it being Sunny and 60 on Sunday, we see some bigger numbers. The weather has really sucked this last week.

Iowa wins 4-3 to take game one. A two out error, a walk, and some singles opened things up for Iowa early as they took a 3-0 lead. Nebraska battled back and got things to 3-2 before a 2-out single by Mangler in the 7th put Iowa up 4-2. The 9th was interesting as Nebraska had the bases loaded at the end, plated a run in the 9th, and a couple great defensive plays were made to rob Nebraska of hits. Blake Hickman went 5 2/3, he cruised through 4 before running into trouble. Ryan Erickson and Luke Vandermaten pitched the rest.

Two more games on Sunday, it would be nice if Iowa could get the series W.

My concern right now that Tyler Peyton seems to be MIA? He was scratched from the start last night before it was postponed. Then today, doesn't pitch nor play 1B? Any idea whats up?
They said on the radio he's day to day and they are hoping he can pitch tomorrow.

42 go to Hawkeye sports network powered by learfield sports. they had the baseball game on today. You can list to past sporting event on a regular basis.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but are my media choices to watch the game without audio or listen to the game without video?

Hawks up 2-0 in game three with Peyton on the hill.

Edit: make it 3-0!!!

Editx2: 4-0

Iowa wins 5-1 today to sweep Nebraska. Iowa is now 30-11 on the year and 13-2 in the B1G.

Great outing by Tyler Peyton, who went 8 1/3 and had 9 K's. He gave up 8 hits and allowed one run. He ran into a bit of trouble in the 9th, so Nick Hibbing threw the final 2/3.

Iowa has a DH vs Sacramento State on Tuesday (1pm start), they do have some talent. So Iowa needs to carry the momentum.

Then a huge series next weekend @ Michigan. Michigan has a potent offense and gave Iowa fits last year. A lot of talent on that Michigan roster.

Reactions: ichawk24
Is Sacramento still a DH? The Hawkeye website only lists one game now. It listed two a couple days ago.

Is Sacramento still a DH? The Hawkeye website only lists one game now. It listed two a couple days ago.

I was actually coming here to post that. I know originally it was a single game, then switched to a DH when we had a game cancelled. Now I see it listed back as a single game at 4pm. I guess they must've called off the DH since I know Sacramento State just played three in North Dakota, then Iowa on Tue, @ Notre Dame on Wed, and Chicago State next weekend.

I am perfectly fine with a single game vs them. I would prefer it actually. Five games in four days is A LOT.

Well done. I do believe this Iowa baseball team is playing with a confidence and a resolve to win we have not seen in Iowa City in a few decades. Nice to hear about the good crowd too. I am thinking of making a trip myself to take in a ball game before this season comes to an end.

Sacramento State looks to be just a single game now. The Sac State website had it as a DH too last week. Now it also lists it as a single game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT