ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball - Where Do We Stand?

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa is currently 26-11 and 10-2 in the B1G. Iowa won 10 games in the conference all of last year. However in the eyes of the rpi we are 23-11 due to the non d1 games. Iowa's rpi is 34, it was 23 before losing to nw. These next two weeks will let us know if we will be battling for a top four big spot and maybe ncaa. Nebraska is a chance at top 25 rpi wins and michigan is solid offensivelly and got some pitchers back. My gut tells me 8-4 and 3-1 in conf and big play keeps us in the ncaas hunt.

I see a couple at-large teams from last year got in the NCAA with around 35 wins. I feel like we need to go 10-6 (with those losses to none of the low-rpi teams) over the rest of the regular season and then win at least 1 game in the BTT to get in. Only 4 wins away from last year's win total though. This will be the first time since the mid-90s the Hawks have had two consecutive winning seasons.

Definitely can't lose to Northern Illinois or Western Illinois. At least one win vs Nebraska would be nice. Michigan is the wild card, we have struggled mightily vs their pitching in the past. Will this year be different? Minnesota worries me too, Iowa always has trouble vs them it seems no matter what. Hope the fans continue to show up!

Putting more emphasis in winning midweek games and carrying that winning into weekend games would be a nice place to start...................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT