ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa falls to UW-Milwaukee

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa loses to UW-Milwaukee 10-3 in Iowa City. Milwaukee jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the first five innings. It appears Sasha Kuebel may be in the relief role the remainder of the year as he tossed 3 2/3 scoreless innings in relief.

I linked the HawkeyeSports article but found Dahm's quote interesting, seems he is getting very frustrated....

"We got beat by a team that wanted it more, that was more ready to play," said UI head coach Jack Dahm.
"I am not taking anything away from their pitcher, but that's a guy
that's giving up a .370 batting average, and we're giving up easy out
after easy out. It's disappointing."

It's nothing new this year, Iowa's offense doing nothing against guys giving up high batting averages or guys with 6-8 ERA's...I wonder where Coach Dahm has been.

LINK

Ugly, ugly, ugly. When I first saw the score on Twitter I naively assumed Iowa had taken a 5-0 lead but I quickly realized it was the other way around. Could be a long weekend in Ann Arbor.

Easy out after easy out has been the Iowa lineup since Banks left, aside from a few years ago when we made the tournament championship with a bunch of scrappy small-ballers and good pitching. Gets more and more obvious with each game what a fluke that season was. :(

The year Iowa had Jason White, Travis Sweet, and Dusty Napoleon we were an offensive power in the Big Ten. I remember winning games 15-12, etc... Sweet and White had 10-ish homeruns EACH.

I guess if you want a bright side UW-Milwaukee is in 1st place in the Horizon League
happy.r191677.gif

I looked it up, in 2007 White had 10 homeruns, Sweet 8, Napoleon 4, and numerous guys with either 2 or 1. Since then and well even the year before then Iowa has had little to no power.

Blame Dahm all u want, but Barta is the idiot that extended him.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Agree, though at least in theory they changed for everybody. ISTR reading an article about Nike bats being extra-dead that first season, but I can't find it now (and I don't know if we were using those anyway).

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
FYI the bats have changed fairly significantly since that power surge.
Well I guess a team like Indiana has it figured out then, since they have multiple guys with more homeruns than our entire team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT