ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa gets ripped further on kids' super bowl cast

Good Lord this world has become so confused! It's quite sad actually. Joke's on them. But unfortunately a terrible example is now being provided for children 🤮

no such thing as bad publicity, right?
Wrong. That's an old cliche' that comes from an era where getting your name out there was so hard that any recognition was better than being an unknown. If it takes a little controversy to get noticed, so be it.

Ask Bud Light or any number of people, brands, etc who've seen their stock and/or reputation plummet almost overnight due to bad publicity. It's a different game now.

That said, this wasn't so bad. It was kinda funny

Last edited:
given the choice between getting this mention and having no mention, i’ll take the publicity. with lester in the fold it’ll work for us.
Id rather not have the publicity. I mean, what good could come from being the butt of a joke for being terrible at something? It’s not upsetting to me or anything, but I don’t see the positive here…..

It's pretty funny that people are trying to say Iowa football has not become a national joke, when Iowa football is literally being made fun of during a national Super Bowl broadcast by... wait for it... SpongeBob SquarePants. Lol.
Iowa football was absolutely not made fun of in that clip.

Id rather not have the publicity. I mean, what good could come from being the butt of a joke for being terrible at something? It’s not upsetting to me or anything, but I don’t see the positive here…..
as i recall, there was a fantastic punt complemented with great coverage that left the opponent (of the punting team) pinned deep. the commentator compares this to iowa football. imo in this context there was at least as much positive (conservative fb, fab punt/coverage) in the humor as negative (implied). if brian was still here, perhaps it stings but the -ve was recently addressed by iowa, so don't see it as something that hurts iowa fb.

This can't be good, right? Or does it qualify as any attention is good attention?

Could have used the throwing of football head as an Iowa troll.

If TL is allowed to operate his offense, i will give TL 3 years to get it on track with his own guys in the system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT