ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Men 17th in the B1G next year???

With the possible exception of Oregon, the other teams coming in from the PAC-12 are mediocre at best. Iowa will finish ahead of USC, UCLA and Washington.

In the last year, the athletic department has started sending emails to season ticket holders encouraging them to give a gift to the NIL collectives, with direct links to rise and swarm.

The Lick years was a deeper hole than most thought.
I was a season ticket holder during those 3 years with my son and one of his friends, tell me about it.
Fran may not have gotten Iowa to the second week of the Big Ten yet, but the seasons as a whole are so much better then under Todd. I still hold hope that Fran will get it done and then possibly leave on his own, but I know that's not the opinion of most of you.
Fran came to Iowa and recruited players to Iowa that wanted to come here, developed and for the most part stayed and graduated from Iowa. If Iowa never goes as far as some of our fans crave under Fran, I don't think it will be because Fran didn't try. The portal and the lack of NIL will be the main culprit.
I know Fran's is old school and coaching at this level may have passed him by, but I think he will know when it's time to leave which could be sooner then later, just hope that next year goes better then this year did and sends him off on a high note. He deserves that....

Iowa is in a bad place, supposedly can not afford to fire Fran, and can not afford to keep Fran. You guys really need to bite the bullet and fire the guy. If you fall to 17th in this league, CHA will be 2/3 empty.
Just like Hilton was just a few short years ago in their historic zero conference win season. All about money now, School has absolutely nothing to do with the success of a program. As far as money goes, Iowa can absolutely afford to fire Fran. Iowa is swimming in athletic revenue. Can't afford to buy a team but damn sure can afford a coach. Two entirely different animals these days.

I was a season ticket holder during those 3 years with my son and one of his friends, tell me about it.
Fran may not have gotten Iowa to the second week of the Big Ten yet, but the seasons as a whole are so much better then under Todd. I still hold hope that Fran will get it done and then possibly leave on his own, but I know that's not the opinion of most of you.
Fran came to Iowa and recruited players to Iowa that wanted to come here, developed and for the most part stayed and graduated from Iowa. If Iowa never goes as far as some of our fans crave under Fran, I don't think it will be because Fran didn't try. The portal and the lack of NIL will be the main culprit.
I know Fran's is old school and coaching at this level may have passed him by, but I think he will know when it's time to leave which could be sooner then later, just hope that next year goes better then this year did and sends him off on a high note. He deserves that....
Fran has gotten his life changing pay day. The odds of next year being better than this year are slim to none.
He has already received more than he deserves in the number of years he has been allowed to coach at Iowa with mediocre results. Factor in his behavior on the court and in the community, he deserves nothing more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT