ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa portal watch

Reymundo

HR All-State
Oct 22, 2002
Reyna, Jesuroga, and the Martinson brothers have all entered the transfer portal. I understand Reyna who was a top 60 recruit that didn’t pan out. The other three were probably destined to be room guys their entire careers. What has changed to make them move on?

Reyna, Jesuroga, and the Martinson brothers have all entered the transfer portal. I understand Reyna who was a top 60 recruit that didn’t pan out. The other three were probably destined to be room guys their entire careers. What has changed to make them move on?
They want to compete or the athletes and families have decided to move on. Iowa will become more competitive not less.

Reactions: Hawkgma
Top 60 in class is realistically about top 30 in any given college weight (with 4-5 years worth of athletes competing.) That should be the definition of a walk-on/room guy at Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT