ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa St embracing the Rural Iowa White Male victim, assisted by the Iowa GOP

That's a cop out sober. Again, laws are on the books. Ether build the case effectively or don't.
How is that a cop out? It’s unfortunately a reality.

Laws are on the books yes. People and companies will also work to find ways around them at times.

Or are you seriously going to tell me that doesn’t happen?

How is that a cop out? It’s unfortunately a reality.

Laws are on the books yes. People and companies will also work to find ways around them at times.

Or are you seriously going to tell me that doesn’t happen?

Are they breaking the law or not?

I aspire to the old saying…everything I really needed to know, I learned in kindergarten! It’s not that hard…be kind to others, share, and clean up after yourself. 😉
Ironically those are the requirements to get a degree at Iowa State.

You're wanting privileges beyond the expectation of laws.
I'm not even sure what that means.

How are programs - in college specifically here, that are meant to expose people to cultures and other groups of people they'd otherwise likely never be introduced to, a bad thing?

How are hiring programs - recognizing that even for the best of us bias exists, that are meant to help create diverse working environments, a bad thing? and before you say otherwise; I am in no way shape or form saying that it should be the primary or determining factor.

Good DEI is terrible.
Welcome all shapes, races, and pronouns into universities and trade schools based off TEST SCORES and MERIT. The country needs the best of the best graduating and using their skills regardless of what they look like.

I want the best pilot flying my plane and I want the best doctor doing my surgery regardless of race. White, Black, Brown, Asian, whatever I don't care. The last thing I want to hear before I go under is "The best doctor to remove your tumor is available but sorry we need to hit our Korean doctor quota for the week"
Exactly.

I'm not even sure what that means.

How are programs - in college specifically here, that are meant to expose people to cultures and other groups of people they'd otherwise likely never be introduced to, a bad thing?

How are hiring programs - recognizing that even for the best of us bias exists, that are meant to help create diverse working environments, a bad thing? and before you say otherwise; I am in no way shape or form saying that it should be the primary or determining factor.
Any program that looks at anything other than merit is dangerous

See nothing wrong with outreach to a demographic -- rural men -- that don't often choose the college route. Don't see a need to include race in it.

Of course this is a direct result of the over racialization of everything by progressives lately.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Any program that looks at anything other than merit is dangerous
in a perfect world, I agree. But we don’t live in that world. Are you honestly going to tell me that the best person is always hired for a position, or that often, someone gets hired based on relationships, money, etc.?

The world we live in, without guardrails in place, means that doors are closed to many - not just based on race, gender, etc., or at least have additional barriers in place.

in a perfect world, I agree. But we don’t live in that world. Are you honestly going to tell me that the best person is always hired for a position, or that often, someone gets hired based on relationships, money, etc.?

The world we live in, without guardrails in place, means that doors are closed to many - not just based on race, gender, etc., or at least have additional barriers in place.
How do you keep relationships out of it? You don’t. Anything other than how an interview goes, qualifications, etc….shouldn’t be a factor. By making it legally a factor , it’s 💯 discriminatory

Perfectly said and sad so many don't get this. Sounds about White. The true ❄️ of all the Male White uneducated fool.

• Haha
Reactions: Easthawk1062
How do you keep relationships out of it? You don’t. Anything other than how an interview goes, qualifications, etc….shouldn’t be a factor. By making it legally a factor , it’s 💯 discriminatory
Then you're undercutting your own argument that it's entirely about merit. Interviews by their very nature have very little to do with merit - it's entirely about relationships.

That in and of itself virtually guarantees you rarely hire the best person.

Reactions: WDSMHAWK and cohawk
Then you're undercutting your own argument that it's entirely about merit. Interviews by their very nature have very little to do with merit - it's entirely about relationships.

Disagree a bit, you combine the qualifications on paper with how a person is live and in person.

If it's "entirely about relationships" then what does race, ethnicity and culture have to do with anything?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
If it's "entirely about relationships" then what does race, ethnicity and culture have to do with anything?
The interview is about relationships.

And quite frankly, you don’t think a manager at company X is more likely to connect better with someone of the same background?

The interview is about relationships.

And quite frankly, you don’t think a manager at company X is more likely to connect better with someone of the same background?

I hope you realize that people within the same
demographic can have decidedly different backgrounds.

They had these learning communities at Iowa when I went my freshman year. It met from 9pm-2am at Joe’s Place.
I member. Think I've still got a couple wooden nickels floating around in the junk drawer as a matter of fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT