*****Iowa vs Northwestern Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
2:30pm Peacock
Iowa -5.5
O/U 31.5

After a terrible loss to Minnesota and two weeks of distractions the hawks head to Wrigley to play an improving NW team.

Which Iowa team shows up?

The team that ran the ball down the badgers throat? Or the team that gained 12 yards in the second half against Minny?

I do know the game will be ugly and I give the advantage to the Cats, I’m seeing a 16-12 nerd victory.

With the worst QB and offense in college football, I have no confidence in a win. Coupled with the fact Northwestern is playing much better than expected this season, a loss would not surprise me.

And who knows what the effect of the Brian situation will be.

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

I suspect the offense, including Hill and the passing game, will look serviceable on the first drive. After that....you can reasonably expect the laying of the turds. Please....after 2 or 3 series of the typical shitshow....make a QB change!

Looks like a beauty of day at Wrigley. 55 and a 10 mph north breeze. Ball shouldn't be flying out of the yard today.

I won't be purchasing Peacock. I'll just watch the youtube lowlights.
Same.

But I might just avoid hearing the score - easy to do in OK - and try to catch a B1G in 60 sometime next week. Such is my passion for Iowa football right now ...

6 years ago today. 55 points vs OSU. Nate Stanley at QB, TJ Hockenson & Noah Fant at Tight End.

In the last 3 games combined, Iowa has scored just 45 points (15 pts/game).

Last edited:
Reactions: SDHN2013
I have ZERO confidence in the nations worst offense against an improving Northwestern team. In fact, I have zero confidence in this team against any remaining opponent. Sad.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
some tight squeezes with both end zones

CXwdHOsC

On a YPP basis, Northwestern is not bad this season, better than Minnesota. Seems that Iowa might struggle today

Fun facts that are hard to believe -

1. The Hawks are 26.4 yds/gm worse than the second worst offensive team in the country (Eastern Michigan)

2. Eastern Michigan doesn't play today, so if the Hawks can put 471 yards of offense they can move out of the cellar.

3. NW is 121st in total offense (Iowa 133rd) but averages 75.0 yds/gm more than the Hawks.

4. If NW continues to average the same in total offense the rest of the regular season, Iowa would need to average 457 yds/gm to catch them

Never in my life would I have expected a Iowa team to be this bad in one phase of the game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT