ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Utah Game Thread*****

So because Harding is not black he's worthless....you're so much a piece of crap.
No because he’s slow, small, weak. Doesn’t create his own shot or space. Plus not a great defender. He’d be a nice role player. But Iowa needs a ton more than role players. He’s nowhere near the player let’s say Jordan Bahonanon or Jeff Horner were as Freshmen. He simply doesn’t appear to have the physical tools.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
So because Harding is not black he's worthless....you're so much a piece of crap.

Harding is in trouble because he's tiny. He is spectacular passing the ball and if he can his shot going, he'll be pretty good. But he's tiny and an athletic guard with size/muscle will give him fits on both offense and defense. There are a lot of guards bigger, faster, stronger than Harding in college b-ball.

I’m spoiled by watching all of these guards this week that create space and get off shots. Probably has nobody else out there as a threat for the defenders to lay off of him.
Accurate tonight anyway. Pretty overall sad showing and not really surprised.

It doesn't offend me and I agree you can never recruit too many guards. I guess part of my frustration is that I see many other schools pull good players out of Europe but that's another thing that Fran has not seemed too interested in...even the ones he's gotten played at US prep schools or colleges first.
Yeah I agree, my gripe is more of frustration of recruiting guys that don’t improve the team. I like the looks of the Koch kid, but Iowa as I’ve beaten to death needs different types of players. Nobody recruits 8 PGs for a roster. Nobody should recruit or keep 6 combo forwards on a roster either unless they have different skill sets.

No because he’s slow, small, weak. Doesn’t create his own shot or space. Plus not a great defender. He’d be a nice role player. But Iowa needs a ton more than role players. He’s nowhere near the player let’s say Jordan Bahonanon or Jeff Horner were as Freshmen. He simply doesn’t appear to have the physical tools.
Bohannon? Physical tools? Am I missing the joke?

Harding is in trouble because he's tiny. He is spectacular passing the ball and if he can his shot going, he'll be pretty good. But he's tiny and an athletic guard with size/muscle will give him fits on both offense and defense. There are a lot of guards bigger, faster, stronger than Harding in college b-ball.
He's not Jay Burson.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
He is fine. Shitty defensive rotations are the problem.

I don't think anyone is anymore.
There are quite a few Fans on this board that think Fran's style of ball is fun to watch, feel being a little bit above 0.500 in B1G is pretty good for Iowa, just want to get to NCAA tourney and think Fran is bound to win a couple games. I think there are a lot more that feel Fran is kind of meh, but it is never going to be unanimous. Fourteen years ago, the board was raging with a some posters thinking our program would be boycotted by future coaching prpspects if we got rid of LIckliter after only 3 years. Now they're worried we'll hire another lickliter.

Still some people on this board keeping the faith. And I doubt anyone in a position to do something about FM's employment really wants him gone, either. Not that they love him, just that this is a football school.
Right I'm sure the new AD would rather he leave but she's not willing to pay the buyout her idiot predecessor created.

Reactions: CarterHall
There are quite a few Fans on this board that think Fran's style of ball is fun to watch, feel being a little bit above 0.500 in B1G is pretty good for Iowa, just want to get to NCAA tourney and think Fran is bound to win a couple games. I think there are a lot more that feel Fran is kind of meh, but it is never going to be unanimous. Fourteen years ago, the board was raging with a some posters thinking our program would be boycotted by future coaching prpspects if we got rid of LIckliter after only 3 years. Now they're worried we'll hire another lickliter.
People want things to improve. While remaining the exact same. :)

Reactions: mthawkeyes
Right I'm sure the new AD would rather he leave but she's not willing to pay the buyout her idiot predecessor created.
I guess I don't really see why she'd care that much. Football butters the entire department's bread, that's where the personnel focus has been so far. Any lost revenue from low MBB attendance should be dwarfed by TV money. As an AD, why put yourself at risk of making a bad impression with some of the fanbase by firing a coach who's surely going to leave on his own in like 5 years max anyway?

He couldn't stop ball on the Utah PG in open court today. I gave him credit as spectacular passer...that doesn't change the fact he will be the smallest guy on the court nearly evey game in his career.
Yep and fran had price guard him one on one at half court. The guy had a 45” vertical. And that was our strategy.

• Sad
Reactions: CarterHall
He couldn't stop ball on the Utah PG in open court today. I gave him credit as spectacular passer...that doesn't change the fact he will be the smallest guy on the court nearly evey game in his career.
He’s the only guy on our team that looks to be playing at the right speed. You see his height as a problem (it’s not a strength) but our pic and roll schemes and effort are the problem. Pmac is one foot from hi guy on the weakside. On any competent defensive team brocks size is not an issue.

That was one possession in transition.

That guy also blew by Dix who is an excellent defender.

Brocks ability to defend is way way down the list of things that are going to be a problem with the team going forward.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
Yep and fran had price guard him one on one at half court. The guy had a 45” vertical. And that was our strategy.
Pryce 'guarding' #5 was difficult watch....I realize Smith makes a lot of guys look bad, but it's almost as if Pryce had cement shoes...

Brock is a much better all around player.
Jordan had a crazy shooting tool. Which made his overall game way better than Brock’s. Brock better hit the weights and Whey since he’ll be the PG next year. The whole walking in the lane and afraid of contact isn’t going to work.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
I guess I don't really see why she'd care that much. Football butters the entire department's bread, that's where the personnel focus has been so far. Any lost revenue from low MBB attendance should be dwarfed by TV money. As an AD, why put yourself at risk of making a bad impression with some of the fanbase by firing a coach who's surely going to leave on his own in like 5 years max anyway?
Well that's two different points.

She should care how the mens bball program performs because that's the job description. It's not to be an accountant.

I said she'd rather he leave. I don't think she would fire him but it also sounds like she's not interested in meeting his requests for an extension either.

I honestly don't think anyone who plays (or played) for Fran even knows where the weight room is...😢
shake weight GIF

• Love
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Whatever dude, you have issues, go root for Iowa State.

Well that's two different points.

She should care how the mens bball program performs because that's the job description. It's not to be an accountant.

I said she'd rather he leave. I don't think she would fire him but it also sounds like she's not interested in meeting his requests for an extension either.
How long is current contract. Can’t believe that helps recruiting. Not that it seems to matter much anymore. With NIL

Pryce 'guarding' #5 was difficult watch....I realize Smith makes a lot of guys look bad, but it's almost as if Pryce had cement shoes...
What coach in the world has a 6’7” slow gangly white guy guard a pg with a 45” vert at half court. It’s not like it was just once it happened at least 2x.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Slow?? Wtf....no

Reactions: RocknRollface
Whatever dude, you have issues, go root for Iowa State.
No u think I’m racist. When in reality I have a difference of opinion based on what I see in terms of a kids talent. My opinion is based on the physical attributes he lacks. Not the color of his skin. I’d have the same opinion of him if he was African American. You are the bringing your victimhood bias into this thread. I’ve read several other threads which I didn’t participate in btw. Which u do the same bull shit. The one with issues is you or you’re a dumb troll.

Reactions: Bierhalter
Jordan had a crazy shooting tool. Which made his overall game way better than Brock’s. Brock better hit the weights and Whey since he’ll be the PG next year. The whole walking in the lane and afraid of contact isn’t going to work.
This is delusional.

Does Fran get credit for another winning B1G season? He went 10-10 in regular season but 0-1 in BTT...that puts him at 10-11 by my count. I have to say the way Perkins played the last 4-5 games, he won't be missed. The roster is full of guys that can't guard or handle or rebound...I'm not buying the new spin that Fran is on cusp of doing something special either next year or following year. Whether Iowa gets rocked by some bad portal news is only thing left to keep Iowa b-ball fans tuned in.
8 of those losses were double digit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT