ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2025 Recruiting Thread

BraydonRoberts5

HR MVP
Staff
Nov 21, 2017
For most of my time here, WBB recruiting has been contained in a single recruiting thread that gets restarted every year or two. The big disadvantage of that system is that it becomes very difficult to find information on specific players or class when players from 3 or even 4 different classes are discussed interchangeably.

My solution to that is class specific threads. I will start this post with information about some of Iowa's top targets in the class of 2025. My hope is to edit and expand this post over time to include more players, updated information, and commitments. I also plan to start a 2026 class thread in the near future when I've had more time to research the class.

Iowa Targets With Clear Ties to the State

Jordan Speiser​

Basic Information: 6’1" wing from St. Charles, Missouri

Ranking: #17 overall by ESPN and #17 overall by Prospect Nation

Offer List: Iowa, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Marquette, Oklahoma State, Florida Atlantic, Arkansas, DePaul, Purdue, Missouri, Missouri State, Kansas State, Illinois, Kansas

Iowa Visits: June 16, 2021, September 28, 2021, February 26, 2023

Journey Houston​

Basic Information: 5’11" wing from Davenport, Iowa

Ranking: #19 overall by ESPN

Offer List
: Iowa, Iowa State, DePaul, Michigan

Iowa Visits: October 1, 2022, likely many others

Divine Bourrage​

Basic Information: 5’10" guard from Davenport, Iowa

Ranking: #34 overall by ESPN

Offer List:
Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois, Florida, DePaul

Iowa Visits: September 25, 2021, likely others

Iowa Targets with No Clear Ties to Iowa

Jasmine “Jazzy” Davidson​

Basic Information: 6’1" wing- Clackamas, Oregon

Ranking: ranked #2 overall by ESPN and #1 overall by Prospect Nation

Offer List: Stanford, Oregon, Utah, UCLA, North Carolina, Texas A&M, Cal, USC, Iowa, Baylor, Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee, South Carolina

Iowa Visits: None Known

Addison Deal​

Basic Information: 6’0’ wing- Santa Ana, California

Ranking: #12 overall by ESPN and #6 overall by Prospect Nation

Offer List: LSU, Iowa, others unknown

Iowa Visits: August 3, 2022

Avery Gordon​

Basic Information- 6’6" center from Brownsburg, Indiana

Ranking: #44 overall by ESPN

Offer List:
Iowa, Maryland, Illinois, Purdue, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Oklahoma State, Xavier, Toledo, Nebraska Omaha, Evansville, Butler
Iowa Visits: June 2022, October 1, 2022

I also wanted to include a post about Taliyah Henderson. She's the recruited Jan Jensen went to watch in Arizona back in February and there was some speculation that Iowa might've stopped to see her again coming back from a national player of the year award ceremony for Caitlin in April.

When I started my 2025 top targets article, she was on the list. But digging deeper, I don't see that Iowa actually offered her a scholarship. Her recruiting has also exploded in the past couple months, with most of her P5 offers coming in that time. I've included some of her info below, but at the moment, she doesn't seem like a clear Iowa target.

Basic Information: 6’1" guard/forward from Tucson, Arizona

Ranking: #33 overall by ESPN

Offer List:
Ole Miss, TCU, Florida, Harvard, Illinois, Michigan, Boston College, Louisville, Florida State, Arizona, Utah, Arizona State, BYU, San Diego, Grand Canyon, Utah Valley, Hampton

Iowa Visit: None known

I also wanted to include a post about Taliyah Henderson. She's the recruited Jan Jensen went to watch in Arizona back in February and there was some speculation that Iowa might've stopped to see her again coming back from a national player of the year award ceremony for Caitlin in April.

When I started my 2025 top targets article, she was on the list. But digging deeper, I don't see that Iowa actually offered her a scholarship. Her recruiting has also exploded in the past couple months, with most of her P5 offers coming in that time. I've included some of her info below, but at the moment, she doesn't seem like a clear Iowa target.

Basic Information: 6’1" guard/forward from Tucson, Arizona

Ranking: #33 overall by ESPN

Offer List:
Ole Miss, TCU, Florida, Harvard, Illinois, Michigan, Boston College, Louisville, Florida State, Arizona, Utah, Arizona State, BYU, San Diego, Grand Canyon, Utah Valley, Hampton

Iowa Visit: None known
A few other 25's with offers, no idea the interest level from the athlete...Kendall McGee from MN who is coming off knee surgery

I believe Iowa has offered Destiny Jackson (offer 7/22/21) a PG from Chicago and Darianna "Dee" Alexander a Wing from Cincinnati. Also July 2021 offer.

Braydon, thank you for creating this thread. Love having one class all in one thread.
I believe Dee Alexander is on the same travel team (West Virginia Thunder) as Aniya Trent & Bryn Martin

Reactions: UptownHawk
Regarding Addi Deal, it should be added that her brother Sarge is committed to play for Grinnell College. Bluder's son also plays for Grinnell.
This is from an interview on this site from August 2022

Q: How did your visit go? What are your thoughts on the facilities, campus and whole city?

DEAL:
The trip was incredible! I have been to several schools, and I can say that the visit was exceptional. Loved the facilities, the gym was amazing, the campus was fabulous and loved its connection to the downtown. Most importantly, I loved the connection the players had. I’m not ashamed to say that I was/am a fan girl of the players and yet they made me feel at home and like I belonged.

Q: What is your relationship like with Coach Lisa Bluder and the rest of the coaching staff?

DEAL:
The relationship is in its beginning, but it could not have started better. I had a chance to see the staff interact with the players on and off the court and amongst themselves. I look forward to building upon the relationship we started. Felt right at home with Coach Bluder and the staff.

Q: The Iowa coaching staff has been together for quite a long time. Is that something that stands out to you about the program?

DEAL:
We loved the staff’s connections with each other. They really seemed like both a well-oiled machine and a family.

Q: What are some things you are looking for in a school that would make them standout compared to others?

DEAL:
I am looking for a school that wants and needs the basketball game I bring to the court. Elements of play that stand out to me, (I) love to push the ball and push the tempo. Defensive pressure to put the opponent on their heels and create defense into offense. Move the ball and quickly and effectively and score a bunch.

Q: How did your AAU season go and what is next for you this summer/fall for basketball?

DEAL:
AAU season went very well. Ran into many challenges (5 players out for injury or USA), but had some fantastic games and moments. We performed well across the EYBL and finished 6th out of 32. Actually, one of the best games was our win against All Iowa Attack at NIKE Nationals in Chicago.

What’s next is camps, high school and training. Mater Dei High School has a great schedule for us this year and I am beyond excited for the upcoming season.

Q: If you step back and evaluate your game right now, what would you say are your strengths and what are some things you want to improve on?

DEAL:
Strengths- court vision, passing and pushing the ball, shooting deep and slicing to the basket. Improvements- working on mid-range contested jumpers and working on strength

Q: What other teams are talking to you, and do you have any visits lined up for this fall?

DEAL:
I am blessed to have offers and be talking to some of the best teams from every Power 5 conference. We don’t have anything concrete right now. There are some camps that I will make, and plans depend on my high school schedule.

Seems like Deal and Speiser are in roughly the same category of a talented 6'1" wing, with Deal being the higher rated. It's pretty difficult for us, as fans and observers, because the highlight reels are pretty minimal. We also offered Jazzy Davidson in this category, who may be the best of the three, but with no apparent reason to hope to sign her. But in the wing spot, we also have Journey Houston as a candidate. All three have both wing and #2 skills, athleticism and good size. I think the program would do well to sign two of them. What I'm most concerned with is whether we have a reasonable replacement at PG after CC. We know Bluder likes to get out and run, but do we have that primary ball-handler to break presses, push the action, score, and dish?

Reactions: FrankBurns00
I see Aaliyah Guyton has Iowa in her final 5 schools along with Pitt, Illinois, Nebraska, and Sparty.
Guyton is class of 2024, which is interesting because we all assumed the 2024 PG they were still interested in was Prince. I'll try to post a 2024 thread tomorrow since it seems like there will be more news from that class one way or another.

One interesting note is that Jazzy Davidson is from Clackamas, a southern Portland suburb, not far from Ava Heiden's school. No doubt familiar with each other, probably opponents in some games. Not sure if they might have been on an AAU team together? I do appreciate that Bluder is recruiting highly-ranked players. I was watching the USA U16 team, lots of talent for the 2026 class, several uncommitted. It'll be interesting to see if Coach can generate some interest. That'll be a fun thread when you decide to post it.

Reactions: cyberhawk and Torg
One interesting note is that Jazzy Davidson is from Clackamas, a southern Portland suburb, not far from Ava Heiden's school. No doubt familiar with each other, probably opponents in some games. Not sure if they might have been on an AAU team together? I do appreciate that Bluder is recruiting highly-ranked players. I was watching the USA U16 team, lots of talent for the 2026 class, several uncommitted. It'll be interesting to see if Coach can generate some interest. That'll be a fun thread when you decide to post it.
They are indeed on the same AAU team, coached by Angie Sun — who is a huge fan of Bluder and co (esp with regard to post development).

They are indeed on the same AAU team, coached by Angie Sun — who is a huge fan of Bluder and co (esp with regard to post development).
That's what I was hoping to hear! Maybe we'll get a better chance with Davidson, and perhaps a nice Oregon pipeline ongoing. I'm confident Heiden is going to do very well at Iowa. I think she'll get some conference awards, and national attention.

That's what I was hoping to hear! Maybe we'll get a better chance with Davidson, and perhaps a nice Oregon pipeline ongoing. I'm confident Heiden is going to do very well at Iowa. I think she'll get some conference awards, and national attention.
Barring any new commitments, she should be the most dominant center in the B1G.

At this point, Iowa has made offers to an impressive list of players over the next two years, and reaching out beyond Bluder's traditional base. Now we're all just waiting on pins and needles to see who might commit. All of this process makes me wonder whether our recruiting budget is funded sufficiently to manifest that growth.

Reactions: Torg
At this point, Iowa has made offers to an impressive list of players over the next two years, and reaching out beyond Bluder's traditional base. Now we're all just waiting on pins and needles to see who might commit. All of this process makes me wonder whether our recruiting budget is funded sufficiently to manifest that growth.
I doubt pins and needles is my mindset regarding womens basketball recruiting. Did come here thinking there might be an annoucement. It will happen when it happens.

Last edited:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT