ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB Class of 2026 Recruiting Thread

FYI, a review of Hawkbuck's past intel includes the following accurate predictions:

1) Kylie Feuerbach was transfering to Iowa
2) Callie Levin would commit to Iowa
3) Journey Houston would commit to Iowa
4) Sahara Williams was likely to commit to Oklahoma
5) Britt Prince was likely to commit to UNL
6) Megan Meyer would transfer out
7) McCabe would commit to Iowa
8) Clark was going to commit to Notre Dame, then was decommitting and would commit to Iowa
9) Grace Berg would commit to Drake
10) Shateah Wettering would commit to Iowa

They do not claim to be a mover and shaker, but to have an accurate source. The people saying that he "only know things about All Iowa Attack" aren't giving him enough credit. My guess is he hears lots of intel/rumors but only shares what he deems credible. He said he had heard the Greenway intel awhile ago but didn't share it til he heard it AGAIN recently -- from multiple sources. That sounds like due diligence to me, as far as message board rumors go.

It may be that most of it has to do with AIA, but the AAU world is small. If the same source(s) gave him this info, I don't see why all of a sudden it's unlikely to be accurate. I don't see a single piece of intel/prediction that didn't pan out in his post history...
Well thank you for pointing us in his direction.....................We'll take it from here.

:)

Reactions: HIWILLE
The offer list below was from last summer but that's the latest I've seen. Kentucky, Colorado & Stanford have offered since & I'm sure there are others
Well here's where I would think she'd lean, if not Iowa:

Minnesota
Virginia Tech
Stanford
Maryland
Tennessee
UCLA
Baylor
Creighton
Iowa State

If she chose any of those other schools instead of Iowa, that would be a massive disappointment in our staff (to clarify..........and mostly because I want to see how certain people react to that, if at all, before I say anything else :cool:).

I fully understand that. However look at that list, 90% of the information and the most concrete information is coming from AIA players. Yes you can hear other rumors at tournaments, which he has stated, and that information can be valid or invalid. Yes he could very well be right. He could also very much be wrong. I lean towards 60% 40% he is correct in this case due to his past history, however, this is only a point in time, something could change significantly in the next couple months, and there is a possibility the rumor mill was wrong.
Moving this to the appropriate thread. I again don't see what AIA has to do with it. I am sure he has heard many rumors about AIA players that he hasn't shared. Again, 10/10 predictions came true. Not one wrong take. He seems deliberate, careful with what he shares -- he doesn't share rumors, he shares what he deems credible intel. And that intel has *always* turned out to be accurate.

Your assumption that he isn't well-connected outside AIA is just that -- an assumption. Again, he said he heard this from multiple people he deemed as "in the know", on multiple occasions -- all different degrees of bad news (unlikely, not happening, surprising if it did happen).

If this is Hawkbuck's first wrong take out of 11, hold my feet to the fire, but my takeaway is we should all move on from Greenway unless we hear otherwise. We've largely done the same with Divine Bourrage, which was just as disappointing. Hawkbuck is the closest thing we have to an insider on this board. He'll likely have good news, as he did with Clark, again someday. Til then, we should focus on the kids that seem excited to be Hawks!

Last edited:
Focus doesn't matter. This is a sophomore in highschool with lots of time to come to any final decisions.
The player's parents are both Hawkeyes. My guess, without looking, there is no other player in that list with a similar profile.

Anything anyone says one way or the other doesn't matter. Two years away from it. It really doesn't matter.

Moving this to the appropriate thread. I again don't see what AIA has to do with it. I am sure he has heard many rumors about AIA players that he hasn't shared. Again, 10/10 predictions came true. Not one wrong take. He seems deliberate, careful with what he shares -- he doesn't share rumors, he shares what he deems credible intel. And that intel has *always* turned out to be accurate.

Your assumption that he isn't well-connected outside AIA is just that -- an assumption. Again, he said he heard this from multiple people he deemed as "in the know", on multiple occasions -- all different degrees of bad news (unlikely, not happening, surprising if it did happen).

If this is Hawkbuck's first wrong take out of 11, hold my feet to the fire, but my takeaway is we should all move on from Greenway unless we hear otherwise. We've largely done the same with Divine Bourrage, which was just as disappointing. Hawkbuck is the best thing we have to an insider on this board. He'll likely have good news, as he did with Clark, again someday. Til then, we should focus on the kids that seem excited to be Hawks!

LOL...... yes we should just walk away. I mean she won't sign for another 1 1/2 years or 2 years and will prob change her mind a dozen times between now and then, but since Hawkbuck and you say so...we should def. step away & move on. Thank God you're not the coach or recruiter for iowa basketball or any sport for that matter

If this is Hawkbuck's first wrong take out of 11, hold my feet to the fire, but my takeaway is we should all move on from Greenway unless we hear otherwise. We've largely done the same with Divine Bourrage, which was just as disappointing. Hawkbuck is the best thing we have to an insider on this board. He'll likely have good news, as he did with Clark, again someday. Til then, we should focus on the kids that seem excited to be Hawks!

Those other correct predictions were not done with 2 years left of high school. His predictions may be correct right now, but lots can happen in the next 2 years.

Ummm . . . respectively I disagree. Will probably just sit back and watch this play out.

LOL...... yes we should just walk away. I mean she won't sign for another 1 1/2 years or 2 years and will prob change her mind a dozen times between now and then, but since Hawkbuck and you say so...we should def. step away & move on. Thank God you're not the coach or recruiter for iowa basketball or any sport for that matter
They also said the Iowa coaching staff has moved on.

They also said the Iowa coaching staff has moved on.
Who said that? . . . that is not in his post. All he said is she is not coming to Iowa. As to AIA, if your source is a coach, that information is obviously going to be extremely solid because it is directly sourced. I don't see coaches giving out recruiting information freely to other teams or coaches at tournaments. So yes he has heard it a few times, but from whom . . . Other fans, other coaches, Chad . . .

I like having the source its great and I am not here to run that off. However as a Hawkeye fan I have the right to be open minded, skeptical, and still realize even if the information is correct now, it may not be in 18 months. The time frame is what makes the statement so odd.

*** I saw the post you were referencing. I think the point being made is the coaches are aware that the Hawks are no longer the lead, and are acting appropriately by looking at other options. However, they have not "moved on" or shut the door on her commitment.

Last edited:
They said the Iowa coaching staff has moved on lol.

Please show me who "they" are and where "they" said it. Sorry have a hard time believing the coaches would move on from a highly rated 26 recruit when they are still listed on her top 50 list or whatever its at.... unless we have someone else as a silent commit at same position in her class....which i doubt is the case

She may very well not come here due to not wanting to try to live up to her parents legacy which would be understandable, or may find a better fit elsewhere, but i have a hard time believing iowa would just stop recruiting her unless there's a reason. As others have mentioned...Clark committed to notre dame and we still were after her so just don't believe Bluder would just give up. Maybe Skinner is coming so we are backing off Greenway...that'd I'd believe, but don't see anything like that out there so prob not the case either

Please show me who "they" are and where "they" said it. Sorry have a hard time believing the coaches would move on from a highly rated 26 recruit when they are still listed on her top 50 list or whatever its at.... unless we have someone else as a silent commit at same position in her class....which i doubt is the case

She may very well not come here due to not wanting to try to live up to her parents legacy which would be understandable, or may find a better fit elsewhere, but i have a hard time believing iowa would just stop recruiting her unless there's a reason. As others have mentioned...Clark committed to notre dame and we still were after her so just don't believe Bluder would just give up. Maybe Skinner is coming so we are backing off Greenway...that'd I'd believe, but don't see anything like that out there so prob not the case either
"As for Greenway, I certainly would be happy if she verballed to Iowa and became a Hawkeye. To clarify or expand on my previous post, my intel is that she has, obviously, plenty of interest and that Iowa is no longer the favorite and those, "in the know", would be surprised if she chose Iowa. With that being said, Iowa, according to my intel, feels that is the case and has in a sense "moved on" (while still watching Greenway) to finding other comparable guards for the future. The Greenway family is and continues to be huge Hawkeye fans. The intel I have received says it would be a longshot that Greenway chose Iowa while even a few have said she is not going to Iowa. Now, could she lose other opportunities and eventually turn back to Iowa? Sure, that happens all the time in recruiting. Could she in the end choose Iowa and say "it's the place I always wanted to go?" Sure, again, that could certainly occur. I'm just relaying what I consider people connected to this much closer than I am are saying. (With a pretty accurate history)"

Ok searched some more and found his most recent post. This is much more wish washy than she is for sure not coming. Again the timing is the biggest issue, so to come out with such a strong take now is very odd. His information is good, this take and the way it was relayed with very little follow up for several days while letting the speculation run rampant is some of the issue. Even still I value the insight and take it at face value. However not the favorite, and no longer coming to Iowa are 2 completely different takes. Effectively I am done will move on at this point.

I am simply conveying what I heard from a person who has been "right on" in the past with information as it pertains to the women's basketball team. To be called a "troll" amongst other things is one reason I don't frequent this board like I once did. Outside of a few informed, appreciative posters are a lot of people I just as soon not engage is some of this nonsense they "contribute" to many of these forums.
As for Greenway, I certainly would be happy if she verballed to Iowa and became a Hawkeye. To clarify or expand on my previous post, my intel is that she has, obviously, plenty of interest and that Iowa is no longer the favorite and those, "in the know", would be surprised if she chose Iowa. With that being said, Iowa, according to my intel, feels that is the case and has in a sense "moved on" (while still watching Greenway) to finding other comparable guards for the future. The Greenway family is and continues to be huge Hawkeye fans. The intel I have received says it would be a longshot that Greenway chose Iowa while even a few have said she is not going to Iowa. Now, could she lose other opportunities and eventually turn back to Iowa? Sure, that happens all the time in recruiting. Could she in the end choose Iowa and say "it's the place I always wanted to go?" Sure, again, that could certainly occur. I'm just relaying what I consider people connected to this much closer than I am are saying. (With a pretty accurate history)
I appreciate the info. This does give much more context. It also shows the door is still open for both the player and the team and no one has shut the door, unless I am misinterpreting that. The time factor until she would commit that could allow her to change her mind was the biggest point I have made in previous posts. Continue to post . . . It is great to get solid insight.

Well here's where I would think she'd lean, if not Iowa:

Minnesota
Virginia Tech
Stanford
Maryland
Tennessee
UCLA
Baylor
Creighton
Iowa State

If she chose any of those other schools instead of Iowa, that would be a massive disappointment in our staff (to clarify..........and mostly because I want to see how certain people react to that, if at all, before I say anything else :cool:).
I have zero intel, just going with my gut. Given Maddyn's pedigree, if she doesn't pick Iowa, I'd expect her to go with a Top Ten/Blue Blood type of program. Off your list I could see Stanford, UCLA, Tennessee; maybe Maryland if they rebound, maybe ISU if they take a big step forward next year.

With the portal now, a hot/trendy team can come out of nowhere and catch the eye of these recruits. She could end up with a team we couldn't even speculate about today.

Shikreto delineates a convincing list of reasons by Hawkbuck that Greenway is headed elsewhere. But as he's indirectly said many times, a year is a lifetime when you're 16. Maybe her frontrunner is UCLA; UCLA (or any other team for that matter) could drop off the 'Most Popular' list in a heartbeat with a few injuries or defections.

A maddening process, isn't it?

If this is Hawkbuck's first wrong take out of 11, hold my feet to the fire, but my takeaway is we should all move on from Greenway unless we hear otherwise. We've largely done the same with Divine Bourrage, which was just as disappointing. Hawkbuck is the closest thing we have to an insider on this board. He'll likely have good news, as he did with Clark, again someday. Til then, we should focus on the kids that seem excited to be Hawks!
Just your feet?........

Given the state of Iowa's offense, he's probably heavily involved in recruiting that side of the ball.

It would explain a lot, wouldn't it?........... ;)

Visits will be a good indication. If they're bringing in multiple PG targets in the fall for football games, that would lead me to believe both sides are going in other directions.

I have zero intel, just going with my gut. Given Maddyn's pedigree, if she doesn't pick Iowa, I'd expect her to go with a Top Ten/Blue Blood type of program. Off your list I could see Stanford, UCLA, Tennessee; maybe Maryland if they rebound, maybe ISU if they take a big step forward next year.

With the portal now, a hot/trendy team can come out of nowhere and catch the eye of these recruits. She could end up with a team we couldn't even speculate about today.

Shikreto delineates a convincing list of reasons by Hawkbuck that Greenway is headed elsewhere. But as he's indirectly said many times, a year is a lifetime when you're 16. Maybe her frontrunner is UCLA; UCLA (or any other team for that matter) could drop off the 'Most Popular' list in a heartbeat with a few injuries or defections.
Every team I listed of those shown was a program I could either live with or understand why she chose them, though to be fair, I would have lots of questions if after all this time, she chose to go to Iowa State..............

It's why I have no desire to coach in college.

I prefer to be a "teacher". Not a babysitter or a salesman on top of that. ;)

(Not to disparage those that make those sacrifices at that level, especially anything lower than D1. It is not for everyone. It's just unfortunate that it's even becoming too much for many who have been making those sacrifices for years/decades before all these unnecessary changes to college athletics in the past few years)

Reactions: RayRay3454
"As for Greenway, I certainly would be happy if she verballed to Iowa and became a Hawkeye. To clarify or expand on my previous post, my intel is that she has, obviously, plenty of interest and that Iowa is no longer the favorite and those, "in the know", would be surprised if she chose Iowa. With that being said, Iowa, according to my intel, feels that is the case and has in a sense "moved on" (while still watching Greenway) to finding other comparable guards for the future. The Greenway family is and continues to be huge Hawkeye fans. The intel I have received says it would be a longshot that Greenway chose Iowa while even a few have said she is not going to Iowa. Now, could she lose other opportunities and eventually turn back to Iowa? Sure, that happens all the time in recruiting. Could she in the end choose Iowa and say "it's the place I always wanted to go?" Sure, again, that could certainly occur. I'm just relaying what I consider people connected to this much closer than I am are saying. (With a pretty accurate history)"

Ok searched some more and found his most recent post. This is much more wish washy than she is for sure not coming. Again the timing is the biggest issue, so to come out with such a strong take now is very odd. His information is good, this take and the way it was relayed with very little follow up for several days while letting the speculation run rampant is some of the issue. Even still I value the insight and take it at face value. However not the favorite, and no longer coming to Iowa are 2 completely different takes. Effectively I am done will move on at this point.

I agree....i def. not saying he's wrong or full of crap, but to say that she's def. not coming to iowa when she's 2 years from college days, and no mention of it from 1st hand knowledge of coaches or the Greenway's & no mod has stated as such.....then i'll take it with a grain of salt. if she was a 25 recruit, then i'd believe it a lot more

If she chose ISU....that'd def. be a slap in the face....i just don't see her going there. Could def. see her go the blue blood route that you mention. Plus i think iowa runs a much better offense that goes with her style of play. But you never know i guess

I have heard Hawkbuck's inside person is an assistant coach on the Iowa women's basketball team?
c75eadfc-52eb-497f-ad7b-dc774195903a_text.gif

If she chose ISU....that'd def. be a slap in the face....i just don't see her going there. Could def. see her go the blue blood route that you mention. Plus i think iowa runs a much better offense that goes with her style of play. But you never know i guess
Who are the "Blue Bloods" in women's basketball??

UConn certainly, but is Geno going to still be there in 2 years?
Stanford?? not anymore with Tara retiring and the Pac12 gone
Tennessee? Not anymore
South Carolina?? probably

That's probably it. Certainly there are schools that would fall in the "top level school" category. Teams that consistently are good, make the tourney and are ranked in the top 15 most years. Iowa probably falls in that category now.

Tennessee? Not anymore

That's probably it. Certainly there are schools that would fall in the "top level school" category. Teams that consistently are good, make the tourney and are ranked in the top 15 most years. Iowa probably falls in that category now.
UCONN is certainly a cut above the rest with Tara and Muffet having retired. But ND is bouncing back. We’ll see how Stanford does. I’d put LSU in there too considering Mulkey has multiple titles. No one else rly compares. SC may be a “new” blood but they stand alone in that regard.

Tennessee? Not anymore

Texas, LSU, Baylor, UCLA

Rather have Koupal. 6ft3 SG who has excellent ball handling skills, a scorer, and a multiple state high jump champ is unique. Instant matchup problem. She has really improved since I saw her play two years ago. Nebraska and Minnesota have her as a top target, would rather see her in black & gold. I’m glad Bluder brought her to CHA with the other older recruits for the OSU game.
Koupal news

Well said!

I wonder what Greenway thinks of Iowa's coaching change.
Same. She hasn't Liked anything about it on Twitter or IG that I can tell but I did see Ava Miles has done so (I mentioned some activity from '25 recruits in the appropriate thread). Haven't seen anything from Bjorn or Lewis. Two unrelated updates:
  • Emilia Krstevski has pinned the images from her Iowa visit photoshoot to the top of her IG profile. She also seems to be coming to DSM soon with her AAU team (probably not surprising to those who keep up with AAU).
  • Ashlyn Koupal has Liked quite a few comments saying she should go to South Dakota. Looks like he sister went/goes there.

Last edited:
Trinity Jones...whether that's realistic or not, I'm not sure. She was fairly positive after her visit and knows Guyton. Her stock has soared since last year. Not sure of her interest level currently.
Just realized she thanked Raina and Jan before Bluder. The transition of power could be a net-positive with this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT