ADVERTISEMENT

Is Michigan still #1 over Ohio State in 2022❓️

cidsports

HR King
Clearly, the Big Ten is defined by the B1G 2 in 2022, with the B1G West not highly effective as a division today.

Can Michigan win the B1G East again or is Ohio State back under Ryan Day❓️

Who is your College Football Playoff Top 4 this week, as we have reached that point in 2022❓
  1. Georgia
  2. Tennessee
  3. Michigan
  4. Ohio State
My 4️⃣ with TCU and Clemson last two out! Sorry Bama!!

Yep, he loves Ohio State this year. Will we get Ohio State vs. Tennessee this year in the offensive fireworks game?

Alabama at Tennessee was good one, but wouldn't Buckeyes vs. Volunteers be even better❓️

How bad is the B1G West❓️
  1. Illinois hosts Michigan State on Saturday, so will any Spartans be ineligible, after the finish in Ann Arbor?
  2. Iowa at Purdue as the Hawkeyes head to West Lafayette for their second Homecoming with former players Tyrone Tracy, Jr. and Charlie Jones.
  3. Minnesota at Nebraska as Gophers are coming off a 31-0 blanking at home of Rutgers. Oh my!
  4. Maryland at Wisconsin 🤔
  5. Ohio State at Northwestern 🔥

The Big Ten clearly has two College Football Playoff nominees with Michigan and Ohio State for 2022. Who is #1❓️ Massey likes:
  1. Ohio State
  2. Michigan
  3. Penn State - I don't think they beat Illinois, in Champaign, after OT loss in 2021 🤔
  4. Illinois
  5. Purdue
  6. Maryland
  7. Minnesota
  8. Iowa - huge, huge statement game for Hawkeyes in Week 10 on Saturday!!
  9. Wisconsin
  10. Michigan State
  11. Indiana
  12. Nebraska
  13. Rutgers
  14. Northwestern

As fans, we want to see W's, but for the players.

“It’s fantastic,” linebacker Jack Campbell said. “You work year-round for this stuff, so when it comes, you’ve got to really embrace it.”

Iowa finally found some joy in Kinnick on an autumn Saturday afternoon.

“We just haven’t had one of those yet,” head coach Kirk Ferentz said. “That’s what you’re always hoping for. So hopefully this will give our guys confidence and at least start building it a little bit.”

As Iowa takes their .500 B1G record and overall record into November and the final four regular season games.

“I was running off the field with a smile on my face a lot of drives and we’re having fun,” tight end Sam LaPorta said. “We were moving the ball down the field and we were executing, so I was having a lot of fun. I kind of felt like being a kid again, just running around playing backyard football.”

This is QB Spencer Petras final season, as a three-year starter. He clearly represented well in Iowa’s 33-13 win over Northwestern, the first, since 48-7 win in 2014.

“By Wednesday, I had, I guess, a pretty good idea, but we didn’t like talk about it until Friday,” Petras said. “I knew, but we didn’t have like an in-depth discussion.”

“Probably his consistency,” Ferentz said for the reason he opted for Petras. “Nothing really dramatic. And maybe we made the wrong choice. I don’t know. But we’ll never know. But I think Spencer did a good job.”

Against Northwestern, Petras avoided sacks by throwing the ball away, though the offensive line allowed one. Petras had his best game of the 2022 season.

Unlike the 2020, where the Hawkeyes opened up to a 17-0 lead, without fans in the stands, Northwestern never got back into this one, behind 20-0 at the half. The 20-7 lead, never became a tight one possession game, like so many double digit favored Iowa-Northwestern games of late. QB Spencer Petras showed confidence from the start of this one.

“He ran a couple times and didn’t look terrible, so that was good,” Ferentz said. “I’m happy for him. Selfishly, it’s rough when we’re not winning. That’s rough for everybody. I know he’s been a little bit of a magnet for criticism or critique. It’s part of playing the position.”

Hawks win on Homecoming, but final four of regular season will say more about how this team and how they want to close out their season.

On Iowa!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News