ADVERTISEMENT

Is old school, vengeful God making a comeback?

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
Two state legislatures in Maine think so...offering their opinion that the Lewiston shoot spree was God's rath for Maine's abortion law and other immoral statutes:

“Meditate on this, Madam Speaker,” Lemelin said, addressing House Speaker Rachel Talbot Ross, a Democrat. “When (L.D.) 1619 passed and went into law on Oct. 25, you told God life doesn’t matter.”

Lemelin then drew parallels between a state law expanding abortion access and the Lewiston mass shooting.

“Keep in mind that the law came into effect on October 25. God heard you and the horrible events on October 25 happened,” he said.

Republican state Rep. Shelley Rudnicki later endorsed Lemelin’s remarks.

“I just want to stand and say that I agree with Rep. Lemelin and everything he said,” Rudnicki said on the chamber floor.

Two state legislatures in Maine think so...offering their opinion that the Lewiston shoot spree was God's rath for Maine's abortion law and other immoral statutes:

“Meditate on this, Madam Speaker,” Lemelin said, addressing House Speaker Rachel Talbot Ross, a Democrat. “When (L.D.) 1619 passed and went into law on Oct. 25, you told God life doesn’t matter.”

Lemelin then drew parallels between a state law expanding abortion access and the Lewiston mass shooting.

“Keep in mind that the law came into effect on October 25. God heard you and the horrible events on October 25 happened,” he said.

Republican state Rep. Shelley Rudnicki later endorsed Lemelin’s remarks.

“I just want to stand and say that I agree with Rep. Lemelin and everything he said,” Rudnicki said on the chamber floor.

“correlation does not imply causation.” and/or "post hoc ergo propter hoc" - one of those...

It's so common that you can't say it's just the odd nut job anymore. This is who republican voters want in office.

Reactions: VodkaSam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT