ADVERTISEMENT

Isaac TeSlaa

Again how do you propose to “close the ****ing deal”. What’s your go to that apparently they aren’t using

That's their job to figure out.

I've been called a Ferentz apologist many times in this board, love the guy. But at some point they have to be able to seal the deal on some play makers.

24 years and how many better than average WR's? I can't count ten. Go get some.

If I’m a receiver, I’m not coming to iowa until I can see them be successful using wide receivers. Or I’m not coming until they throw the NIL bag either.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Bruce and Johnson are both ranked as top 100 receivers in the portal. How many guys in the top 100 receiving ranking are we expecting to get?!? One if we are lucky. 🤦‍♂️
Lol..Bruce top 100. Lol. Do u watch the games. Not hard to replace someone who trips over wht lines on potential game winning catches, and watches punts roll by 2 out of 3 times.

Lol..Bruce top 100. Lol. Do u watch the games. Not hard to replace someone who trips over wht lines on potential game winning catches, and watches punts roll by 2 out of 3 times.
Bruce would be far and away our best receiver if he came back. Same with Keagan. At least last year when Tracy and two others left in December, we theoretically had Charlie Jones, Keagan, Ragaini, and Bruce as our top four going into fall of 2022. Those four are all gone. We are in big trouble right now. Big. I hope that changes and we get four guys in the portal or juco

Last edited:
Bruce would be far and away our best receiver if he came back. Same with Keagan. At least last year when Tracy and two others left in December, we theoretically had Charlie Jones, Keagan, Ragaini, and Bruce as our top four going into fall of 2022. Those four are all gone. We are in big trouble right now. Big. I hope that changes and we get four guys in the portal or juco
I’d put Vines up against Bruce for best returning. But beyond that, definitely need more help!

I am excited to see how our WR in the 2023 recruiting class turn out. Also, think a Transfer Portal class of Cade and All (still hoping we get him) puts us in the top 20 portal classes in the country.

Time will tell and hopefully we are but doubtful. There is a reason why Arland and Keagan were sought after by big programs
Why were they sought after? Results? No. Neither has any major stats to show. Potential? Maybe. They were ok in high school. Both have been injury prone though. I truthfully don't know why they would be "highly" sought after or paid high NIL $$. I guess other teams need WR as much as us and are willing to give them a chance.

Reactions: shudaddy
Why were they sought after? Results? No. Neither has any major stats to show. Potential? Maybe. They were ok in high school. Both have been injury prone though. I truthfully don't know why they would be "highly" sought after or paid high NIL $$. I guess other teams need WR as much as us and are willing to give them a chance.
I agree with a lot of this. But I doubt another power five school has lost six scholarship receivers to transfer in the past year and replaced none of them. No one needs more help at receiver than iowa.

Reactions: littlez and sabula
Arland hasn't been injury prone.

Reactions: BBHawk
Keagan as a freshman was a stud. He was a 4 star that proved he belongs as a true freshman. He got offers from big time programs like Notre Dame once he entered the Portal.

Arland also had a good season as a true freshman and was a 4 star. His sophomore season there were some issues but he played for possibly the worst QB and OC in D1 football. He is getting offers at P5 schools right now like Arkansas and Mississippi St. I would have loved to see what he can do with Cade tbh.

You guys can be salty about these young men transferring but let’s not act like they aren’t talented with good potential.

Keagan as a freshman was a stud. He was a 4 star that proved he belongs as a true freshman. He got offers from big time programs like Notre Dame once he entered the Portal.

Arland also had a good season as a true freshman and was a 4 star. His sophomore season there were some issues but he played for possibly the worst QB and OC in D1 football. He is getting offers at P5 schools right now like Arkansas and Mississippi St. I would have loved to see what he can do with Cade tbh.

You guys can be salty about these young men transferring but let’s not act like they aren’t talented with good potential.
Yea. If someone offered us Keagan and Bruce back instead of every receiver commit we get in the portal or juco, I’d take that in a heartbeat, until this offensive staff proves otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: HawksRMe

Good potential, I'd probably agree. In my mind they just have not shown a whole lot when they did play for other big time programs to be having an orgasm over them. But if you need receivers I guess you give them a look. That's the boat Iowa is now in. All in all I wish them well and would have rather they stayed than left.

One quality wideout to go with All and Luke and my guess is Vines or Brody gives Cade a place to go with the ball. I’d love TeSlaa but I’d really like AJ if he’d declare after the playoffs.

I don't get the love of Henning. Iowa usually can get decent slot type guys. They need a true X receiver more than an AJ Henning type.

Might have something to do with the god awful OL, a DII-level QB, and a disappointing OC…

Maybe? Holy shit.. These are good players leaving our program.

He's fast and elusive. And very strong. He has really good hands and can field punts. What's not to love?
Yeah just doesn't seem like he has done much at Michigan since he has been there and he isn't even in the portal. I just think Iowa needs a true X guy before a small slot guy. Iowa has a stud PR. I mean if he wants to enter the portal and come to Iowa I would take him but some are saying they want Henning more don't care about TeSlaa but he would add something that Iowa really needs.

Yeah just doesn't seem like he has done much at Michigan since he has been there and he isn't even in the portal. I just think Iowa needs a true X guy before a small slot guy. Iowa has a stud PR. I mean if he wants to enter the portal and come to Iowa I would take him but some are saying they want Henning more don't care about TeSlaa but he would add something that Iowa really needs.
I think TeSlaa is a priority, no doubt about it. He's a field stretcher, fade-in-the-corner-of-the-end-zone type of player that Iowa hasn't had since the Smiths graduated. Henning would be great to get with Cade and All, and he fills a need. And Henning has done very well when called upon.

Might have something to do with the god awful OL, a DII-level QB, and a disappointing OC…

Maybe? Holy shit.. These are good players leaving our program.
Totally this. Both logged significant minutes as Freshman, and Keegan definitely showed big play ability. True Freshmen by the way. Bruce also had some very good minutes as a Freshman. Ideally he's a slot guy. The fact that half of you guys are shitting on him insane. As another poster said he's already been offered by 2 SEC schools. Now I don't think he'll be a star but to pretend he wouldn't help us w/a much better QB and hopefully improved o line is just BS. Currently we have not 1 proven receiver on the roster unless Ragaini comes back. And for most B1G teams he's a 3-4 guy.

Sounds like Iowa is out for Alex Washington the DB from Harvard
Hawks also kicking the tires on a NW DB..name escapes me..

Totally this. Both logged significant minutes as Freshman, and Keegan definitely showed big play ability. True Freshmen by the way. Bruce also had some very good minutes as a Freshman. Ideally he's a slot guy. The fact that half of you guys are shitting on him insane. As another poster said he's already been offered by 2 SEC schools. Now I don't think he'll be a star but to pretend he wouldn't help us w/a much better QB and hopefully improved o line is just BS. Currently we have not 1 proven receiver on the roster unless Ragaini comes back. And for most B1G teams he's a 3-4 guy.
He definitely has talent and enough size. One of those guys that goes up and gets the ball no matter what.
I think Keegan J is clearly the bigger loss. No disrespect to Bruce, but thought we was good but not great. Not all his fault, but he had some chances. We need at least 2 WR from portal. I would lock up Teslaa right away, but if he is hearing from SEC schools, not ideal for us.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
That's their job to figure out.

I've been called a Ferentz apologist many times in this board, love the guy. But at some point they have to be able to seal the deal on some play makers.

24 years and how many better than average WR's? I can't count ten. Go get some.
Ferentz Apologist

TeSlaa now has a offer from Miami and Baylor. I saw where his girlfriend lives in Florida. He is becoming a hot commodity.

Who is Keegan?

SMH

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Yea. I’m not sure how people aren’t grasping this. 100% accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15

Chuck Sizzle showed them what might (not, what will) happen is you're brave enough to take a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT