ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Osteen Pew Pew

Interesting responses compared to when this happens in a bar, school or other location.
Meant to follow up with you the other day about the conversation you had with your son. Good that you are open with him. Did you happen to discuss WHERE he got that information that guns are for killing kids in schools?

It's the fvcking easy access to them idiot
Weird.

I thought it was the person who took the firearm to a church, loaded said firearm, pointed said firearm at another human, fired said firearm, pointed the firearm at another person, and proceeded to pull the trigger again, while using a 5 year old as a human shield.

That access though...

Last edited:
It's interesting how quickly the trans narrative gained a foothold and is now being stated as fact.
If the kid who took the bullet is "her" child, I am sure there will be numerous apologies and retractions or great explanations of how a trans can have a baby.
Per HPD, the shooter is a woman who was with her child and has never identified as anything other than a female...But that is probably just that liberal stronghold in Houston protecting the brand.

It's interesting how quickly the trans narrative gained a foothold and is now being stated as fact.
If the kid who took the bullet is "her" child, I am sure there will be numerous apologies and retractions or great explanations of how a trans can have a baby.
Per HPD, the shooter is a woman who was her child and has never identified as anything other than a female...But that is probably just that liberal stronghold in Houston protecting the brand.
Where are you getting your info?

Where are you getting your info?

Nothing as unassailable as the "end Wokeness" tweet you provided
but the info below is from the local paper

Investigators have determined that the 7-year-old she brought to the church with her was her biological son, Hassig said. He was shot in the head and was in serious condition at a hospital as of Monday afternoon.

Houston Chronicle

Reactions: Joes Place
or great explanations of how a trans can have a baby.
Steve Brule What GIF

Weird.

I thought it was the person who took the firearm to a church, loaded said firearm, pointed said firearm at another human, fired said firearm, pointed the firearm at another person, and proceeded to pull the trigger again, while using a 5 year old as a human shield.

That access though...

I agree they're are fvcked up humans. ..but you think this is the only country with fvcked up humans? Why does shit only happen here?

Last edited:
Nothing as unassailable as the "end Wokeness" tweet you provided
but the info below is from the local paper

Investigators have determined that the 7-year-old she brought to the church with her was her biological son, Hassig said. He was shot in the head and was in serious condition at a hospital as of Monday afternoon.

Houston Chronicle
I think I'll stick with the actual words of the cop.

Reactions: Scruddy and goldmom
Interesting responses compared to when this happens in a bar, school or other location.
my stance is the same:

Just one of these things that is as american as apple pie and chevrolet.

Thank the victims for their sacrifice to keep the 2A unfettered.

Exactly. The Rs only offer up Ts and Ps when those happen. When it's these types of situations, it's time to take the guns away. Mind you, not from the situations you listed, but just the trans people don't get guns.

It's really gotten pathetic.

Meant to follow up with you the other day about the conversation you had with your son. Good that you are open with him. Did you happen to discuss WHERE he got that information that guns are for killing kids in schools?

Obviously the liberal teachers are handing out anti 2nd amendment propaganda during school hours. The indoctrination continues.

I assumed that's you wanted to hear anyways 🍻

Exactly. The Rs only offer up Ts and Ps when those happen. When it's these types of situations, it's time to take the guns away. Mind you, not from the situations you listed, but just the trans people don't get guns.

So everyone who attends Olsteen's church is an R?

Fred: republicans offer like zero solutions ever..
Republicans: maybe we should do mental health screenings and ban people with mental health disorders and identities in a group with a nearly 50% suicide rate.
Fred: omg you just hate trans people.

Talk about pathetic..

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
I am pro mental health screenings in general. While trans itself is a mental health disorder which needs to be looked at imo I think these hormones are also playing a massive part in the mental status of these individuals. If we are looking at holding gun manufacturers financially liable in some instances then maybe we also need to do the same with the pharmaceutical industry producing these hormones as well.
Ok, so say everything you say is 100% fact. Ban them and prevent a handful of incidents... which to a degree I'm fine with. However, what about bans for the 99.9% of the other shootings???

Weird.

That access though...
Why do we ban coke, fentanyl, meth, etc? Drugs don't hurt anyone.

• Love
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Ok, so say everything you say is 100% fact. Ban them and prevent a handful of incidents... which to a degree I'm fine with. However, what about bans for the 99.9% of the other shootings???
I believe 99.9% of other shootings are domestic in nature in low-income communities. 59% of gun deaths are caused by handguns while only 3% are attributed to assault-style weapons.

...handguns were involved in 59% of the 13,620 U.S. gun murders and non-negligent manslaughters for which data is available. Rifles – the category that includes guns sometimes referred to as “assault weapons” – were involved in 3% of firearm murders. Shotguns were involved in 1%.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I believe 99.9% of other shootings are domestic in nature in low-income communities. 59% of gun deaths are caused by handguns while only 3% are attributed to assault-style weapons.

...handguns were involved in 59% of the 13,620 U.S. gun murders and non-negligent manslaughters for which data is available. Rifles – the category that includes guns sometimes referred to as “assault weapons” – were involved in 3% of firearm murders. Shotguns were involved in 1%.

Are you ready to remove handguns too?

Where did the notion the shooter was trans come from? She had a criminal background and mental health issues.

Texas neighbors said they tried to sound the alarm about Houston church shooter for months​

CONROE, Texas — Years before a shooter opened fire at Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston, residents in the small neighborhood said they had run-ins with the suspect, who frightened them.

Six women who live in the neighborhood in Conroe, a north Houston suburb, said the woman, Genesse Ivonne
Moreno, targeted them, harassed them, threatened them, displayed firearms and made them fear being outside their homes.

Late Monday afternoon, the women held a news conference in the driveway of a home to describe what they said they have been enduring and to criticize what they said was officials’ failure to respond to their reports about Moreno.

“No one should have died. No one should have been hurt. This should have been handled years ago, and here we are again,” said Jill, the president of the neighborhood association, who would not give her last name for fear of retaliation.

Authorities said Moreno opened fire Sunday afternoon between services in the Lakewood megachurch in Houston. Her 7-year-old son was with her at the time, authorities said.

Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said Monday that the young boy was wounded and “fighting for his life.”
A 57-year-old man who also was struck has been released from the hospital.

Two off-duty law enforcement officers who were at the church returned fire, killing Moreno.

No one answered at the address where authorities say Moreno lived, nor did anyone respond to a business card left at the door. Late Monday afternoon, someone at the home taped a dated sign to the front door that said: "I do not want to speak to anyone. Please leave my property. Thank you."

lakewood church shooter home (Suzanne Gamboa / NBC News)

In the neighborhood, lawns are orderly with a few plants and planters on them, except for the one at Moreno's home. It has small concrete statues of a rabbit, a fairy and an angel. Metal birds and butterflies on rods are planted around a tree. Wind chimes hang from the eaves. Doormats that say “Welcome” lead to the small portico.

A few banners with Christian messages hang at homes in the neighborhood, but several homes have cameras, including Moreno's. A small "No Trespassing" sign with the image of an assault rifle is posted on the fence of one home.

The women who spoke said things got so bad in the neighborhood that five of them spent a day about five months ago talking to local elected officials, police, the sheriff’s office and the city’s legal department. They wrote letters to the neighborhood's property management company and met with its lawyer, and they called media, said Linda Giutta, who lives in the neighborhood.

They said a cease-and-desist order was issued after that meeting.

“We cannot do anything more than what we did. We tried to stop this,” Giutta said. “We tried to help her. We tried to help us. We tried to help the public. Something needs to get done.”

One of the women, Heather, who gave only her first name out of fear of retaliation, said she made a complaint against Moreno, alleging she threatened her with a handgun on July 4, 2022.

Heather said Moreno had screamed expletives at her when she was watering her lawn early that morning. Heather said that she walked to Moreno's home and that the woman pointed a handgun at her from behind the trunk of her car. She said Conroe police documented the incident as a threat.

"We're being told ‘see something, say something.’ Well, we're seeing stuff, we are saying stuff ... and Conroe PD is not helping us," Heather said. "I don't want to bash them, but help us. Please."

Neither the police department nor Conroe’s five council members immediately responded to requests for comment.

Authorities have not identified a motive in Sunday’s shooting, but they said a dispute between Moreno and her ex-husband’s family, some of whom are Jewish, might be linked to the shooting.

Two law enforcement officials told NBC News earlier that Moreno used an assault rifle with the word “Palestine” written on it.

Moreno made several statements during the shooting, officials said, but they declined to describe them.
Moreno had a documented mental health history and was placed under an emergency detention order by Houston police in 2016. Law enforcement records show she was arrested several times since 2005. She pleaded guilty to illegally carrying a weapon and pleaded to a lesser charge after authorities accused her of assaulting a public official.

Another resident, Judy Keith, said she first met Moreno in a park at the end of their street. She said she stopped walking every morning and night in the neighborhood because Moreno tried twice to hit her while she was out walking.

“I’m afraid to come down here. I used to walk my granddaughter down here to the park and I had to stop doing that,” Keith said.

• Wow
Where did the notion the shooter was trans come from? She had a criminal background and mental health issues.

Texas neighbors said they tried to sound the alarm about Houston church shooter for months​

CONROE, Texas — Years before a shooter opened fire at Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston, residents in the small neighborhood said they had run-ins with the suspect, who frightened them.

Six women who live in the neighborhood in Conroe, a north Houston suburb, said the woman, Genesse Ivonne
Moreno, targeted them, harassed them, threatened them, displayed firearms and made them fear being outside their homes.

Late Monday afternoon, the women held a news conference in the driveway of a home to describe what they said they have been enduring and to criticize what they said was officials’ failure to respond to their reports about Moreno.

“No one should have died. No one should have been hurt. This should have been handled years ago, and here we are again,” said Jill, the president of the neighborhood association, who would not give her last name for fear of retaliation.

Authorities said Moreno opened fire Sunday afternoon between services in the Lakewood megachurch in Houston. Her 7-year-old son was with her at the time, authorities said.

Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said Monday that the young boy was wounded and “fighting for his life.”
A 57-year-old man who also was struck has been released from the hospital.

Two off-duty law enforcement officers who were at the church returned fire, killing Moreno.

No one answered at the address where authorities say Moreno lived, nor did anyone respond to a business card left at the door. Late Monday afternoon, someone at the home taped a dated sign to the front door that said: "I do not want to speak to anyone. Please leave my property. Thank you."

In the neighborhood, lawns are orderly with a few plants and planters on them, except for the one at Moreno's home. It has small concrete statues of a rabbit, a fairy and an angel. Metal birds and butterflies on rods are planted around a tree. Wind chimes hang from the eaves. Doormats that say “Welcome” lead to the small portico.

A few banners with Christian messages hang at homes in the neighborhood, but several homes have cameras, including Moreno's. A small "No Trespassing" sign with the image of an assault rifle is posted on the fence of one home.

The women who spoke said things got so bad in the neighborhood that five of them spent a day about five months ago talking to local elected officials, police, the sheriff’s office and the city’s legal department. They wrote letters to the neighborhood's property management company and met with its lawyer, and they called media, said Linda Giutta, who lives in the neighborhood.

They said a cease-and-desist order was issued after that meeting.

“We cannot do anything more than what we did. We tried to stop this,” Giutta said. “We tried to help her. We tried to help us. We tried to help the public. Something needs to get done.”

One of the women, Heather, who gave only her first name out of fear of retaliation, said she made a complaint against Moreno, alleging she threatened her with a handgun on July 4, 2022.

Heather said Moreno had screamed expletives at her when she was watering her lawn early that morning. Heather said that she walked to Moreno's home and that the woman pointed a handgun at her from behind the trunk of her car. She said Conroe police documented the incident as a threat.

"We're being told ‘see something, say something.’ Well, we're seeing stuff, we are saying stuff ... and Conroe PD is not helping us," Heather said. "I don't want to bash them, but help us. Please."

Neither the police department nor Conroe’s five council members immediately responded to requests for comment.

Authorities have not identified a motive in Sunday’s shooting, but they said a dispute between Moreno and her ex-husband’s family, some of whom are Jewish, might be linked to the shooting.

Two law enforcement officials told NBC News earlier that Moreno used an assault rifle with the word “Palestine” written on it.

Moreno made several statements during the shooting, officials said, but they declined to describe them.
Moreno had a documented mental health history and was placed under an emergency detention order by Houston police in 2016. Law enforcement records show she was arrested several times since 2005. She pleaded guilty to illegally carrying a weapon and pleaded to a lesser charge after authorities accused her of assaulting a public official.

Another resident, Judy Keith, said she first met Moreno in a park at the end of their street. She said she stopped walking every morning and night in the neighborhood because Moreno tried twice to hit her while she was out walking.

“I’m afraid to come down here. I used to walk my granddaughter down here to the park and I had to stop doing that,” Keith said.
From her police reports. She changed her name.

Some how she is was also born In Puerto Rico, yet wasn't Hispanic, and was "white".

Odd.

Also: I've said many times, we need to quit pandering to stupidity. Read that post and tell me if we didn't pander to stupidity "moreno" wouldn't have been in jail a long time ago.

Also, would be I terested in your response to my previous post regarding the conversation with your son.

Reactions: goldmom
Good luck in places like Chicago or St. Louis where strict laws already exist but aren't enforced. There is a larger problem of cultural decay in this country that is a much larger and harder to address issue which is directly contributing to gun violence as well. Soft on crime policies only encourage more crime, so until we start really holding criminals accountable again I don't see much improvement in general.

Yes God loves it when innocent kids end up in critical condition.
So it s only gods will when something good happens. LMFAO Just maybe God got tired of ol Joel fleecing old ladies out of there last dollar? Maybe God got tired of mega churches ministers living lavish life styles.

So it s only gods will when something good happens. LMFAO Just maybe God got tired of ol Joel fleecing old ladies out of there last dollar? Maybe God got tired of mega churches ministers living lavish life styles.
That's pretty sick dude. Especially considering J.O. wasn't targeted and they were preparing foe the next service.

I agree they're are fvcked up humans. ..but you think this is the only country with fvcked up humans? Why does shit only happen here?
Easy access to guns is the answer that one party continuously ignores. This is American culture. Daily gun deaths.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

Completely false and a genuine lie. Most have been consistent that all mentally ill individuals should lose their gun rights, not just trans people.
If a trans person is able to have a medical professional and/or judge sign off on that they're of sound mind, then the can have guns as well, so long as they can also pass a background check.
It's really not as difficult or nefarious as you're making it.

This you?

alaskanseminole said:
Where did the notion the shooter was trans come from?
So people just read past all the statements associated with the alias "Jeff" and jumped to conclusions?

"We do have reports she used multiple aliases, including Jeffrey Escalante. So she has utilized both male and female names but through all of our investigation to this point, talking with individuals, interviews, documents, Houston Police Department reports, she has been identified this entire time as female."

Addressing the discrepancies in Moreno’s identity on Monday, HPD Officer Christopher Hassig noted, “She used multiple aliases including Jeffery Escalante… Houston police report she has identified this entire time as female. She/her.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT