ADVERTISEMENT

Junior day visits

Sounds like Iowa helped themselves with a few recruits from information I've gleaned from the web.

Perich seems like the perfect fit at safety. The type of player Parker likes.

Doll keeps getting positive vibes. Not sure about Cram, keeps things close to the vest.

Numerous OL in for a visit. Brix is priority #1.
Pyfrom is getting a lot more interest from other schools but it sounds like he has built a solid relationship with the Iowa coaches. Mandell is another O-linemen who has seen his stock rise, I think the Hawks have a shot. Good to get Prescod in from Indiana but it looks like he is a ND lean. They generally get who they want. Not sure if Sexton visited.

Optimistic about Cummings-Coleman, sounds like he has a good relationship with the coaches.

Surprised no offer for Miller, Hawks want him, but a schollie could be an issue. Maybe NIL comes into play.

Saw a CB for Campbell but no interviews that I have seen. Will he be a Hawk?

Some positive vibes for several DB's.

Will be interesting to see who the next commit might be and when.
NIL is not a replacement for a scholarship.

I actually read where schools can give preferred walk-ons some money. Just reporting what I read, not sure if it is true.
That might be stipends which scholarship players receive as well. We haven’t checked into it much because it’s not an option for us with 4 D1 (2 P5) scholarship offers already on the table.

Reactions: Wadukester
After Austin Alexander decommitted from Wisconsin I was glad to see he visited. He got an offer on the visit. Looks like a solid corner back prospect. Solid offer list, sounds like he'll be back this fall. A visit to Kinnick is always a plus.

After Austin Alexander decommitted from Wisconsin I was glad to see he visited. He got an offer on the visit. Looks like a solid corner back prospect. Solid offer list, sounds like he'll be back this fall. A visit to Kinnick is always a plus".
"A visit to Kinnick is always a plus."

Yes it is, providing the in-game fans don't boycott Iowa's games, as some posters repeatedly chirp on this board espousing their only solution for improving.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuck285

Yes it is, providing the in-game fans don't boycott Iowa's games, as some posters repeatedly chirp on this board espousing their only solution for improving.
Problem is the home schedule is ugly as hell.

I will be interested to hear the season tix sales vs the last two years.

My understanding is that Filer is an example of this?

They are the verbal minority. Doubt you'll see much of a drop off this season. With the portal additions and returning players, I think we'll see mostly sellouts again this year. If they don't come, someone else will.

Last edited:
Reactions: hknation
Sounds like Iowa helped themselves with a few recruits from information I've gleaned from the web.

Perich seems like the perfect fit at safety. The type of player Parker likes.

Doll keeps getting positive vibes. Not sure about Cram, keeps things close to the vest.

Numerous OL in for a visit. Brix is priority #1.
Pyfrom is getting a lot more interest from other schools but it sounds like he has built a solid relationship with the Iowa coaches. Mandell is another O-linemen who has seen his stock rise, I think the Hawks have a shot. Good to get Prescod in from Indiana but it looks like he is a ND lean. They generally get who they want. Not sure if Sexton visited.

Optimistic about Cummings-Coleman, sounds like he has a good relationship with the coaches.

Surprised no offer for Miller, Hawks want him, but a schollie could be an issue. Maybe NIL comes into play.

Saw a CB for Campbell but no interviews that I have seen. Will he be a Hawk?

Some positive vibes for several DB's.

Will be interesting to see who the next commit might be and when.
I think Miller really wants to be a Hawk, but Iowa rarely gives a ride to kickers until they are starting, hence the debacle with Stevens dad this season. I assume he'll be on one by next season...

I think Miller really wants to be a Hawk, but Iowa rarely gives a ride to kickers until they are starting, hence the debacle with Stevens dad this season. I assume he'll be on one by next season...
I don't know if that is across the board. Tory Taylor got a schollie when he arrived from Australia.

I don't know if that is across the board. Tory Taylor got a schollie when he arrived from Australia.
Probably the only way they were getting him from "down under". I believe that academy he prepped at has 65 punter/kickers in NCAA D1 football. Thats also why I said, "rarely"....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT