ADVERTISEMENT

Kate Martin appreciation thread

She will. She has transformed her game to a level where I would not be surprised if she is a regular starter in the future and an All Star
Pretty sure they saw the writing on the wall with Parker and made the move for Megan. She had a breakout season last year with the Mercury and is now a Euro Champion. Las Vegas knew what they were doing offering her a two year free agency deal.

Pretty sure they saw the writing on the wall with Parker and made the move for Megan. She had a breakout season last year with the Mercury and is now a Euro Champion. Las Vegas knew what they were doing offering her a two year free agency deal.

Finals MVP for Euro

Brea Beal -- tried to guard Caitlin Clark and let her score 41 points.

Kate Martin -- helped Clark get a bunch of points and assists.

Other than that, both grew up on the Illinois side of the Mississippi and were recruited by Iowa.
Edwardsville and Rock Island girls had a long history of playing each other in sectional games when Martin and Beal were there. Edwardsville won Kate's senior year(and the three years before that); Rocky did Beal's senior year.

Last edited:
Las Vegas Training Camp intrasquad training game is on NBA TV now. Kate Martin on after a guard on her side came off limping.

One thing the Aces TV analyst said that bodes well is that despite the championship, and that LV’s starting five were highest scoring in the league, their bench points were bottom of the league. They specifically mentioned Megan Gustafson as that 6th player off the bench that has to be respected from deep, which they’ve been missing to force defenses to step up from the lane.

Last edited:
Reactions: MplsHawk and Moral
Seems like Kate made it...reports are Angel Jackson has been waived as well & they are at 12.

The problem is when they release someone and then add someone :(

This evening the Aces signed 6-2 forward Emma Cannon as a free agent. Cannon returns to the Aces after playing games for Las Vegas in 2020 and 2021, including all six of the Aces’ 2020 playoff contests.

Cannon was waived by the Dallas Wings during the 2024 training camp.

Cannon was 13 & with Jackson being released that should be 12...I don't believe the WNBA has an IR so I'm not sure how Kitley fits into the equation. Unless the Jackson reports are wrong? They didn't have a 12 person roster last year however (kept 11).

In the ESPN link I posted above, it does not list Kitley but still has Jackson.

What makes this all suck is when all of these players get released and a player thinks they make the 12 person roster but then their team adds someone and they get cut as a result

This is great clip - "i'm afraid of those people" - great quote.

She also made some kind comments about CC regarding some of the hate she was receiving at the time of her all-time scoring record.

I'm a bit of a fan of Plum for sure.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Amazing to see Meg and Kate on the 2x defending champ's roster

GNT-bBUbIAAaBUx

Behind the scenes docu-series on the Aces, with the first episode on the draft and training camp. Kate has had a lot of documentary time over the last year...

Reactions: Bro D
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT