ADVERTISEMENT

Keagan Johnson

FlickShagwell

HR Legend
Jun 16, 2003
Omaha, NE
Took the plunge and got the premium membership to the Nebraska site. A thread there started yesterday titled “Wasn’t Keagan Johnson supposed to commit to Iowa today” has a post that says, “If we make it out of the weekend with him not committing to Iowa, we’ve gone from an Iowa lock to a battle imo.”

Their mod responded last night that this is probably a good take. Not sure if he has inside info or just wishful thinking but KJ waiting until Wednesday or later like Blair says certainly makes you think. Are we now in a battle with the Huskers? Or is Keagan giving Brecht more time to enjoy the spotlight of his recent commitment?

Want to secure this kid and Fidone so bad. If they come to Iowa and have success while Frost is head coach in Lincoln, I think we have as a good a shot as anyone in the Omaha metro area for years going forward.

There are good football players here and we haven’t tapped this pipeline as much as I’d like - the Millard North guys (Shada, Tarp, Seth Olsen, Cole Fisher) and then the Prater twins out of Central and Fant from South most recently being the only guys I can think of. With the exception of Shane Prater, every guy we’ve gotten from Omaha has started at Iowa! A metro area of a million people will keep producing good talent. Gotta win these early battles against Frost. /rant

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News