ADVERTISEMENT

Kemdawg Retires

How can you not love this young man. During his time at Iowa he was my favorite Hawk! Probably in my top 10 all time favorites! Everyone had Spencer as their favorite Kem was always mine. Just wish he would have got 1 he deserved it. Good Luck Kemdawg I am sure you will do Great!!

best of wishes to my fellow Western Pennsylvania Hawkeye... KEMDAWG !!!!!!!!!!! he was always on the attack and he never caused a bit of trouble or controversy.... a total CLASS ACT !!! The old saying goes... " from being a King to being a King maker " and this suits Michael well. Good luck and Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

I was at the Luther open mat side for his first match in an Iowa singlet. He put the straps up and Tom straightened and fixed them for him and Said “ This looks good on you” I couldn’t tell if he was nervous or just in the zone cause his face was stone cold, but after Tom said that a big smile came across his face for a second and then back to stone cold. Loved watching him wrestle.

I was at the Luther open mat side for his first match in an Iowa singlet. He put the straps up and Tom straightened and fixed them for him and Said “ This looks good on you” I couldn’t tell if he was nervous or just in the zone cause his face was stone cold, but after Tom said that a big smile came across his face for a second and then back to stone cold. Loved watching him wrestle.

I remember his first match in Carver because it was also my first dual in Carver (h/t; @hawkeyecrazy ). It was against ISU and he had a big adrenaline dump from being nervous and his face was so red. My wife was like “is his face always this red?”

Anyways, he became one of my wife’s favorite because he does the sign of the cross and my wife is Catholic.

Kem always “acted like he has been there” respectfull and got to work. It tore at my gut when he lossed, now thinking back maybe more so then any other Hawk.
Silent assassin, Dawg on a bone.
I really hope he finds himself back to IOWA somehow. He may be one of these guys thats even a better coach then wrestler, lord knows he has the skills and head for it.

Kem always “acted like he has been there” respectfull and got to work. It tore at my gut when he lossed, now thinking back maybe more so then any other Hawk.
I really hope he finds himself back to IOWA somehow. He may be one of these guys thats even a better coach then wrestler, lord knows he has the skills and head for it.
He was the Barry Sanders of the wrestling world

That marathon with Starocci, oof. Two warriors battling to the end, both refusing to lose. I bet Star looks back at the match one day as the defining moment of his college career. I’ve never seen him have to dig that deep. Big balls shown by both of those studs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT