ADVERTISEMENT

KF presser like a Seinfeld episode

TankHawk

HR All-American
Jan 29, 2002
As I read the transcript of yesterday's press conference it occurred to me this is like an episode of Seinfeld. It was a press conference about "nothing".
You could even name it after some of my favorite ones:
The football Nazi- No coaching changes for you!
That's Football-yada,yada,yada.
The current football program- not "sponge worthy".
Any others?

I posted that Kirk's proclamation that he needs to stay in the football office more is akin to George Costanza putting a bed under his desk at his Yankee's office.

sleeping-under-a-desk-o.gif

Thanks to a well connected donor, Kirk uses The Willard instead of The Wizard for in game time calculations.

It would have been much more effective if there had been an 'airing of grievances' and 'feats of strength'. I can envision several entertaining matchups. It is long overdue that Hawkeye fans had a festivus for the rest of us!

It kind of reminds me of the Bubble Boy episode where Kirk gets progressively more agitated and aggressive with the people that come to see him.

500full_zpsf599f4b2.jpg

More like the episode where George's company is trying to do anything to get rid of him but he refuses to leave. "If anybody asks i'll be IN MY OFFICE!"

This post was edited on 1/15 11:05 PM by hansenhawk

Someone please post a picture of Eric the Clown. I don't know how to do it on mobile. GD's play calling is like a clown from the 60's.

This post was edited on 1/16 12:37 AM by Colonel Homer

Originally posted by Arbor1:
It would have been much more effective if there had been an 'airing of grievances' and 'feats of strength'. I can envision several entertaining matchups. It is long overdue that Hawkeye fans had a festivus for the rest of us!
They can name "feats of strength" but if you mess up, Kirk will wipe out your name from the records

And OP I can just picture Barta and Kirk sitting around like, what should we do?

Barta: Everybody's doing something, we'll do nothing.

Kirk: So, we go into football building, we tell them we've got an idea for a pc about nothing.

Barta: Exactly.

Kirk: They say, "What's your press conference about?" I say, "Nothing."

Barta: There you go.

Kirk: (Nodding) I think you may have something there.

Reactions: StallmanCurse
Originally posted by Curt Furence:

They can name "feats of strength" but if you mess up, Kirk will wipe out your name from the records

And OP I can just picture Barta and Kirk sitting around like, what should we do?

Kirk: So, we go into football building, we tell them we've got an idea for a pc about nothing.

Winner. Well done

The only thing missing from the presser was the reality tour school bus for the press and a bag of muffin stumps. Kramer for OC - who could defend his play calling!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esJl7MZoVww

Dead on. George is stuck on a clown from the 60's.
th

I have to go with the NBC episode with the Ted Danson Plane. George and Jerry negotiate with NBC and then end up getting less than what they were previously offered.

Barta & KF are pitching their idea to the fan base and saying that its worth every penny. Sadly they will also be losing money in the near future if nothing changes.

Totally sounded like Seinfeld, thanks for the laugh.

How many people honestly think every coach on staff will be back for the 2015 season? I am in the minority, but after listening to the presser, it sure sounds like changes are coming. How many schools announce coaches leaving 20 days before signing day?

Originally posted by Curt Furence

That's outstanding. I can picture similar discussions between KF and GD at offensive game planning meetings also.

Originally posted by redman21:

How many people honestly think every coach on staff will be back for the 2015 season? I am in the minority, but after listening to the presser, it sure sounds like changes are coming. How many schools announce coaches leaving 20 days before signing day?
redman, you may have a very good point......but please do not ruin this awesome thread with any serious questions.

This is the most I have enjoyed reading this board in 4 years. If anyone has more let's keep em coming. The press conference idea conversation will not likely be topped, that bit was "gold Jerry, gold"!!

picard_clapping.gif

Funniest thing I have read in a long time. We needed Eric the Clown to put out the fire with his big shoe.
Kirk says "What appeared to be me abandoning everyone during the fire was actually me ensuring that there was a clear exit." We ask "how can you live with yourself" It's not easy.
As far as I can see your entire organization consists of a solitary man in a messy apartment that may or may not contain a chicken.

I haven't been this dissapointed since Morty was impeached from Phase II of the Pines of Mar Cables

You have the chicken, the hen, and the rooster. The chicken goes with the hen... So who is having sex with the rooster?

You have the football field, the players, and the coaches. The players go with the field. So who goes with the coaches?

You have the chicken, the hen, and the rooster. The chicken goes with the hen... So who is having sex with the rooster?

You have the football field, the players, and the coaches. The players go with the field. So who goes with the coaches?

Kudos to Tank for starting the thread but this post taps on the door of greatness. I never watched Seinfeld very often because, well, it was pointless. On the plus side, you could tune it to any random episode and not feel like you had missed anything. Like a Ferentz presser.

So we had a good camp, Jake won the starting job Yada Yada Yada. That's football.

Kirk, you Yada yada'd over the whole season.

No, I mentioned Jake won the job

Thought of another one today:

George's Boss: It has come to my attention that you had relations with the cleaning women in your office?

George: IS that wrong? Should I not of done that? Because if someone would of told me that it was wrong, I wouldn't of done it.

George's Boss; your fired, get out.

Iowa Terms:

Barta: It has come to my attention that the fans are not happy with how your coaching. Do you know anything about it?

KF: Is it wrong to get blown out in your bowl game? Should we of prepared better? Should we of started our better players? Because if someone would of told me that what's I am supposed to do, i would of done it.

Kirk is like the "Low Talker" who through passive aggressive manipulation and miscommunication forces "Iowa Jerry" into wearing a ridiculous puffy shirt on national television.

jerry-seinfeld-puffy-shirt-600x450_zps14b62f4c.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT