ADVERTISEMENT

Kittle getting a little bit of guff over SB performance

ottumwan in tx

HR King
Oct 26, 2002
I was watching the Super Bowl in Missouri with a bunch of Chiefs fans. Just north of KC. They knew I was a big Kittle fan and cheering for San Fran. They were threatening to make me watch outside. We were playing a drinking game : if the other team scores, you drink. I was making them do shots, especially when it was the first half, niners looked good. KC didn't look great, but neither did Kittle. I had already made them endure Clark throwing up bricks and losing towards the end of the game, earlier in the day. Seems like Kittle had only caught 2 receptions for four yards, if I'm reading the box score correctly. CMC had a good game. The main takeaway is this: never doubt Mahomes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...31&cvid=b0777ff6f0804f8e8e366aa0a36816ed&ei=8

Kittle can't throw the ball to himself. He certainly has games where he doesn't get a lot of stats, but he is a beast of a blocker.
yeah, I'm wondering if he was covered up really nicely as well. Wish there was a kittle cam on him at all times. This article, they are making fun of him talking trash to Carloftis instead of jumping on the fumble. I wonder if he matures a little in the future, a little less talk. I like to see the tapes of him "mic 'ed up", it's great entertainment, but not if he's going to let a fumble go by him.

I was watching the Super Bowl in Missouri with a bunch of Chiefs fans. Just north of KC. They knew I was a big Kittle fan and cheering for San Fran. They were threatening to make me watch outside. We were playing a drinking game : if the other team scores, you drink. I was making them do shots, especially when it was the first half, niners looked good. KC didn't look great, but neither did Kittle. I had already made them endure Clark throwing up bricks and losing towards the end of the game, earlier in the day. Seems like Kittle had only caught 2 receptions for four yards, if I'm reading the box score correctly. CMC had a good game. The main takeaway is this: never doubt Mahomes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...31&cvid=b0777ff6f0804f8e8e366aa0a36816ed&ei=8

On the 3rd and 4 play right before SanFran kicked the FG in OT Kittle blocked a count or so on the DEnd then went over the middle and was wide open.

That was the play where the SanFran OLine totally let Chris jones rush free on Purdy making him throw early and wide. Kittle could have have easily got the first down or a TD with a simple throw.

Likes others say, receivers cant throw the ball and catch it and plays sometimes break down when guys are wide open.

His assignment on that play was to block the guy and he thought the play was over. He was maintaining contact with the guy he was supposed to be on and didn't react until the player reacted. He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head and he was watching the player he was supposed to be. People giving him grief over that play are just looking for someone to blame imo.

His assignment on that play was to block the guy and he thought the play was over. He was maintaining contact with the guy he was supposed to be on and didn't react until the player reacted. He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head and he was watching the player he was supposed to be. People giving him grief over that play are just looking for someone to blame imo.
The blocking scheme on that play was weird as the right guard who was right across from Chris Jones blocked down to the center spot and no one touch jones. Jones is one of the quickest, very agile DTackles and he was on Purdy in a second.

It looked like some Hawk OLine whiffs

Reactions: remerson
yeah, I'm wondering if he was covered up really nicely as well. Wish there was a kittle cam on him at all times. This article, they are making fun of him talking trash to Carloftis instead of jumping on the fumble. I wonder if he matures a little in the future, a little less talk. I like to see the tapes of him "mic 'ed up", it's great entertainment, but not if he's going to let a fumble go by him.
The fumble was at his back

Only threw the ball downfield to him once. He caught it for a big gain picking up a first down. Only to be brought back because of a penalty. The OLine’s mistakes are what killed the 49ers. Too many penalties and missed blocks.

Only threw the ball downfield to him once. He caught it for a big gain picking up a first down. Only to be brought back because of a penalty. The OLine’s mistakes are what killed the 49ers. Too many penalties and missed blocks.
I was celebrating like crazy only to be let down

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT