ADVERTISEMENT

Lester, the former QB and OC, should know how the influence and beat defenses

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I am going to give him a chance to prove himself and really by mid-year 2024 we should see improvements in the passing game. But it also depends on if Kirk lets Lester run his type of counter blocking action and his offense, which is described in videos showing his offense. It also depends on if our WRs can get open and if our QB can get them the ball.

From the way his offense is described, his formations are there to manipulate the number of defenders in the box, etc and then the offense can either run or pass to where the defense is weakest.

I dont think there will be many or even a small amount of empty backfields. Will Kirk let Lester throw the ball over the middle after playaction where if the safety is deep there should be room.

Our running backs better be ready to catch the ball. And I do not see any reason why SethA, KalebB, Bostick, Wetjen cant consistently run 12 yard fly routes, break them off and come back for 7 yard catches.

If we see this get better through 2024 and get some more very good WR recruits and especially portal transfers then 2025 could be even better.

So, it will be better by mid-season if -

1. KF leaves Lester alone.
2. WR's can get open
3. QB can get them the ball.

68549c6b92b55bbfc04f2c16d57cedfd.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Hendy hawk
So, it will be better by mid-season if -

1. KF leaves Lester alone.
2. WR's can get open
3. QB can get them the ball.

68549c6b92b55bbfc04f2c16d57cedfd.jpg
Well yes, and Lester and also a qb coach if he has one, can teach the QBs and WRs etc the intricasies of playing really good offense. I think our WRs the past few years have been taking some flat angles on their breaks which doesnt help them get separation.

So it is a little more complicated than you make it.

Well yes, and Lester and also a qb coach if he has one, can teach the QBs and WRs etc the intricasies of playing really good offense. I think our WRs the past few years have been taking some flat angles on their breaks which doesnt help them get separation.

So it is a little more complicated than you make it.
It's absolutely more complicated, but can you agree Kirk staying TF out of the offense would be a positive step toward success?

It's absolutely more complicated, but can you agree Kirk staying TF out of the offense would be a positive step toward success?
Oh I definitely agree. Geez, it took 15 years to figure out it was better to go for it on 4th and 4 from the opponent 35 yard line than punt it. Kirk has always been so risk averse on offense as to almost cripple his team

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
It will actually be nice to have a former QB as the QB coach teaching the kids instead of a former Center. However, in Brian's defense, in his playing days, he did touch the ball as much as the QB's, so I guess that qualified him to teach them how to throw it. LOL

Reactions: uihawk82
Oh I definitely agree. Geez, it took 15 years to figure out it was better to go for it on 4th and 4 from the opponent 35 yard line than punt it. Kirk has always been so risk averse on offense as to almost cripple his team
Sounds like a FG in most cases to me

I am going to give him a chance to prove himself and really by mid-year 2024 we should see improvements in the passing game. But it also depends on if Kirk lets Lester run his type of counter blocking action and his offense, which is described in videos showing his offense. It also depends on if our WRs can get open and if our QB can get them the ball.

From the way his offense is described, his formations are there to manipulate the number of defenders in the box, etc and then the offense can either run or pass to where the defense is weakest.

I dont think there will be many or even a small amount of empty backfields. Will Kirk let Lester throw the ball over the middle after playaction where if the safety is deep there should be room.

Our running backs better be ready to catch the ball. And I do not see any reason why SethA, KalebB, Bostick, Wetjen cant consistently run 12 yard fly routes, break them off and come back for 7 yard catches.

If we see this get better through 2024 and get some more very good WR recruits and especially portal transfers then 2025 could be even better.
Stop that! Trying to make all of us negative posters optimistic is not allowed here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT