ADVERTISEMENT

Luther Open

No it doesn’t unless he finds a way to somehow dominate bull. You don’t pull a shirt to replace a multiple time AA senior who is one of the leaders of the team
He wouldn't have to dominate The Bull for the spot because there's nobody who is going to dominate Marinelli, so that's an unrealistic standard. But if he's the better wrestler then I don't see why he wouldn't leapfrog Marinelli in a year where the team race will be tight. Tom's job is to put the best team on the mat and if Kennedy can contend for a title and gives us the best chance at winning the team title then I think he goes.

Frankly to me it’s more of genuine concern. Warner was struggling to even put weight on his leg the last 60 sends of his semi. Hope it’s nothing serious.
As do I regarding Warner.

But I'm speaking in general terms. Historically MFF's are common amongst teammates at early season Opens. IMO of course, but it's playing out today and was largely inevitable, again IMO.

Do you see them go on occasion? Sure, but more likely backup versus backup (Turk vs Reyna for instance, they are backups to Murin until proven otherwise). Clearly I expected it, so no consternation at all from me that there are MFF's between Hawks.

Dude… are you nue? It’s just a natural occurrence here. Like a law of physics or something.
Yep. I'm still pissed that petition to change his name to Jaydin Jones stalled in committee. Now look at the shitstorm it's created!

Reactions: GG121AND2
Marinelli takes Kennedy feet to back on the edge for just a TD 3-1. Escape Kennedy 3-2. 15 sec. Alex wins 3-2

Kennedy has really turned it up. Quality handfighting and bottom work. He will step in nicely. Wanted to see more shots all around. Lot of respect there obviously

Assad vs Clayton Whiting

Scoreless through 1st period.

Assad on top. Escape Whiting 0-1
End of 2nd
3rd- Abe down. Reversal. 2-1

Escape Whiting 2-2. Abe with 33 sec RT
TD Whiting. 4-2. 30 secs left

Assad goes down 4-3

Last edited:
Swafford with trouble on bottom, loses 5-2 to former ISU Mulder
That was a good loss for him. Coaches have been on him about his spurty, opportunistic style on bottom… and they will be on him about it even more now. I’m just happy because it seems like this loss got through to him in terms of knowing that he needs to change it up, because the first thing he said when he met us in the bleachers was, “alright, no more messing around, I need to start doing what Nelson Brands does and explode out of there on bottom and not wait for an opening… because sometimes there’s not an opening.”

So this match, although the outcome was not in our favor, was hopefully a good thing on a long term development scale.

Zane wrestled a good match. Those two go wayyyyy back.

On a side note, that ref was blatantly inconsistent all day on how he chose to call stalling when Iowa guys were wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT