ADVERTISEMENT

MARYLAND... YIKES

jerbob36

HR All-State
Dec 16, 2012
Rasheed Sulaimon has decided to transfer to Maryland next year. And he will be eligible to play immediately. HOLY CRAP. If they weren't already frontrunners to win the B1G, they are now. Here is their probable lineup:

*Melo Tremble (we saw him play one of his worst games)
*Rasheed Sulaimon
*Jake Layman
*Diamond Stone (stud frosh recruit)
*Georgia Tech transfer Robert Carter, who they don't need to score

That is a freaking scary starting 5. He averaged 12 ppg as a freshman, but lost PT his SO and JR years.

Rasheed Sulaimon has decided to transfer to Maryland next year. And he will be eligible to play immediately. HOLY CRAP. If they weren't already frontrunners to win the B1G, they are now. Here is their probable lineup:

*Melo Tremble (we saw him play one of his worst games)
*Rasheed Sulaimon
*Jake Layman
*Diamond Stone (stud frosh recruit)
*Georgia Tech transfer Robert Carter, who they don't need to score

That is a freaking scary starting 5. He averaged 12 ppg as a freshman, but lost PT his SO and JR years.
Yeah, on the surface Sulaimon's addition seems big. However, why was it that coach K kicked him off the Duke team? That might have a bearing as to what type of impact he'll make with MD.

Amazing how much can change in a week in May, isn't it? :confused:

First Swanigan MAY have decommited from Michigan State. Although that seems up in the air a bit now.
Then Swanigan MAY be likely to commit to Purdue. Possibly. Probably, unless Mich. St. lures him back or Cal Creans someone.
Then Purdue gets this Hill kid from Texas-Arlington, a point guard both they and Illinois were after and it sounds like he may be what they needed to replace Octeus, maybe.
And now Maryland is the new basketball home of Sulaimon.

Yeah, at this moment I'd say Maryland becomes worthy of National Title type consideration. Michigan St. may drop a peg to 10-12 in the country and Purdue could move up to the likely second spot and a top ten team. Indiana as it stands now could be a top 15 team as well if Crean doesn't screw 'em up. It is going to be one heck of a league in 2015/16.

And that's not even talking about teams good enough to should be expected to make the Dance. Six of 'em. Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State and Wisconsin!

Geeze...anyone wanna place bets the NIT champ comes from the Big Ten? :) Let's just hope we can rise above some of these teams and earn an NCAA bid. It is NOT going to be easy.

Reactions: herkyihawks
Nice to see how low the bar has been set at Maryland. Yeah, Turgeon says they did their due diligence and did not find this kid on any police reports, but maybe he should have at least spoken with Coach K and found out why this kid is the ONLY player ever kicked off the team during his long tenure at Duke.

I think that could end up being a mistake for them. He was kicked off because of his attitude, got kicked out of practices, showed up out of shape the last couple years. Plus, two alleged sexual assault incidents. There is a reason you didn't see a lot of teams going after him.

Trimble Carter and Layman are good but Stone is a freshman and not a one and done guy either. They will be good now doubt but I want to see how Sulaimon, Stone, and the bench are before crowning them. Wells is a big loss and I would pick Michigan State to win the league before Maryland right now. I think Harris is an upgrade from Trice, they bring a lot back and still added a 4 star top 25 PF in Davis and a 4 star SG.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT