ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Hegarty OL from Notre Dame Transfering

Auger

HR All-American
Sep 14, 2007
Would love to see Kirk give this kid a call. He is a graduate SR looking to transfer. He was a solid rock on the Notre Dame OL last year, one of the best OL's in the country. He plays C/OG but has the size and length of an OT. Iowa will be thin on the OL next year and will be green at OT wouldnt hurt to add a kid with experience and NFL type talent. I have heard from a buddy Penn St is looking at him. He wants to go to the NFL and KF does have a good track of sending OL there.

Originally posted by Auger:
Would love to see Kirk give this kid a call. He is a graduate SR looking to transfer. He was a solid rock on the Notre Dame OL last year, one of the best OL's in the country. He plays C/OG but has the size and length of an OT. Iowa will be thin on the OL next year and will be green at OT wouldnt hurt to add a kid with experience and NFL type talent. I have heard from a buddy Penn St is looking at him. He wants to go to the NFL and KF does have a good track of sending OL there.
that would require effort
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Why is he transferring from ND?
Where could you possibly get more hype and exposure than with the Domers?

Last I checked we are sitting at 5 over with Rudock being one of those. I think it's a pretty much a done deal at this point that Jake is leaving but that's still 4 over. Unless there have been recent reportings of people leaving.

I've heard a punter will be leaving and possibly that russian dude with the really long name. Also possible Mick Ellis is moving on as well. Thats all rumors though to my knowledge.

Interesting if true if Ellis would leave. He could RS and have 3 yrs left as the K.

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:
I think we are still over the limit on scholarships still by like 3.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
How many place kicker/punters do we have on scholarship now?

From the punting aspect, not enough apparently.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
The answer to the question was 3
Kornbrath
Kidd
Ellis

Marhsall Koehn is expected to get one if 1 or 2 of those other 3 leave but he is currently not on scholarship.

Kornbrath and Kidd will be SR's next fall so don't expect either of them to leave. as for JR leaving there is way to much wishful thinking going on. both QB's are a injury away from being the starter. if anybody were to leave I expect a DB that has been passed on the depth chart to leave, or even a WR leaving. but at this time it is speculation and wishful thinking on another,

and until there is a OFFICIAL public announcement about JR leaving I don't/won't believe it. from the U of I.

When is the last time Iowa accepted a former scholarship athlete from a power 5 conference school(and put that player on scholarship at Iowa)? Is David Walker(OL from Auburn) the last one to actually start a game for Iowa? I know a rb from Nebby transferred in-M Simmons- awhile ago, but I believe, he initially walked on at Iowa as a transfer...

sounds like he has been passed by on the depth chart, looks good but how fast can he fit in? a 2 year player would be nice but a 1 year OL might take longer to gel with his Line mates. or he could step right in, I am sure the coaches are aware of the possibility, to bad though he did not want to transfer at Mid Term to start practicing this spring.

its more about matching what you have with a last second pickup as a 5TH year SR, this FB not BB,

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

sounds like he has been passed by on the depth chart, looks good but how fast can he fit in? a 2 year player would be nice but a 1 year OL might take longer to gel with his Line mates. or he could step right in, I am sure the coaches are aware of the possibility, to bad though he did not want to transfer at Mid Term to start practicing this spring.

its more about matching what you have with a last second pickup as a 5TH year SR, this FB not BB,
Hayden brought in a guy-Travis Riatt- for his final year. Think he started at Center for the Hawks. If I have the story correct, Riatt's previous school(Boston University) gave up football after his junior/redshirt junior, campaign...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT