ADVERTISEMENT

Migrants in Iowa wonder whether to leave over a bill that could see some arrested and deported

The illegals should be arrested and deported. I don't know why anyone (other than the illegals themselves) would be against that.
You think the Lang family, the corporation that hired Christian Rivera, doesn't employ illegals and isn't more than happy to pay low wages to illegals?

I'll never understand why Iowa Republicans hate immigrants and people trying to better themselves?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
You think the Lang family, the corporation that hired Christian Rivera, doesn't employ illegals and isn't more than happy to pay low wages to illegals?
If they’re dumb enough to show up and work for nothing, why not?

To work….
Yeah it’s too bad that some people that aren’t the smartest people but are damn hard workers aren’t allowed to be paid a decent wage because illegals come and do the job for basically nothing.
If you’ve been in a grocery store lately it’s clear the cheap labor isn’t allowing for cheap food prices.
Maybe those farmers can pay some legal employees a little better pay and the illegals can head back to the shit country they came from and go through all the proper channels if they want to come back.

When you handcuff the guy who follows you into a situation where he can be impeached for not sending money to Ukraine, you should know your deal isn't going anywhere to begin with.

My community thrives off of its Hispanic population. Thriving with local mayors, police chiefs, county sheriffs, state and federal legislators, etc. Many, if not most are descendants of "illegal" migrants.
I want to know what local government is allowing illegal migrants to run for office. In this case your local government is allowing legal US citizens to run for office. Big difference because you are making a case for racism by pointing out that they are different. How they became a US citizen has no bearing on who they are now. What you are giving an example of, isn't indictive of what is currently happening right now at the border. They amount of really bad migrants (gang members) and drugs coming across the border at the current moment and its effects are going to be felt for generations to come.

I want to know what local government is allowing illegal migrants to run for office. In this case your local government is allowing legal US citizens to run for office. Big difference because you are making a case for racism by pointing out that they are different. How they became a US citizen has no bearing on who they are now. What you are giving an example of, isn't indictive of what is currently happening right now at the border. They amount of really bad migrants (gang members) and drugs coming across the border at the current moment and its effects are going to be felt for generations to come.
You're trying too hard.

Reactions: MitchLL
Yeah it’s too bad that some people that aren’t the smartest people but are damn hard workers aren’t allowed to be paid a decent wage because illegals come and do the job for basically nothing.
If you’ve been in a grocery store lately it’s clear the cheap labor isn’t allowing for cheap food prices.
Maybe those farmers can pay some legal employees a little better pay and the illegals can head back to the shit country they came from and go through all the proper channels if they want to come back.
You think today's grocery prices are based solely on cost of labor?

Corporations have been price gouging since Covid and the initial supply chain issues.
And consumers still pay.

Capitalism is what Radical Right wants.

Last edited:
You think today's grocery prices are based on cost of labor?

Corporations have been price gouging since Covid and the initial supply chain issues.
And consumers still pay.

Capitalism is what Radical Right wants.
I don’t at all think prices are based on labor. Which is why I said farmers should be able to pay employees more money which would reward hard working Americans that would like to do the work but can’t afford to. thus getting rid of illegals doing the work now for nothing.

Illegal immigrants its what the doucher left wants.

I don’t at all think prices are based on labor. Which is why I said farmers should be able to pay employees more money which would reward hard working Americans that would like to do the work but can’t afford to. thus getting rid of illegals doing the work now for nothing.

Illegal immigrants its what the doucher left wants.
"Illegals" do the work that white Americans won't do.

There have been multitudes of stories of crop/vegetable growers having fruits and vegetables spoiling because of no labor to harvest.

THAT'S what can drive shortages.
Stop watching conservative media and investigate for yourself.

Reactions: Ree4
Libs who have a problem with this proposed bill should illegally cross over into Mexico, get settled in as a group in Tijuana, then hold public meetings to bitch about their perceived persecution.

Good luck!

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs

There have been multitudes of stories of crop/vegetable growers having fruits and vegetables spoiling because of no labor to harvest.

The Americans don’t do the job because they don’t get paid what they are worth.
Pay someone $20+ to do the work and I bet you will have labor.

Any American paying taxes along with paying outrageous prices for everything can’t live off of what companies will pay illegals to do the work.

Remove your head from your butt and stop making up reasons for someone to illegally be here.

“I’m not interested, nor are we equipped, funded or staffed to take on additional responsibilities that historically have never been a function of local law enforcement" - Dana Wingert

The chief is carrying the water for his liberal paycheck writers.

Any American paying taxes along with paying outrageous prices for everything can’t live off of what companies will pay illegals to do the work.

Remove your head from your butt and stop making up reasons for someone to illegally be here.
If that's your argument, then go after the employers doing the hiring of illegals.

You think immigrants would come to this country if there was no demand for their labor?

Be better!

Reactions: Ree4
If that's your argument, then go after the employers doing the hiring of illegals.

You think immigrants would come to this country if there was no demand for their labor?

Be better!
what exactly are you getting at here?? I’m not sure what you’re even bitching about.

I said illegals shouldn’t be here, and they are only here because no one wants to do the shit work that they do because legal Americans can’t live off those shit wages.
Yet instead of backing up better wages for Americans to do the jobs, you just bitch about republicans and support the free for all of illegals making it even harder for Americans to make a living off of physical labor.

Open your eyes

Bullshit.
There are TONS of jobs unfilled because many already here refuse to work them……just fillin’ a need….and that’s what capitalism does.

and you're laying that failure at the feet of the party that has recently pushed for dramatic increases to minimum wage and not to at the political opposition that ALWAYS pushes back on that?

just a weird position to take

Reactions: MitchLL and Ree4
what exactly are you getting at here?? I’m not sure what you’re even bitching about.

I said illegals shouldn’t be here, and they are only here because no one wants to do the shit work that they do because legal Americans can’t live off those shit wages.
Yet instead of backing up better wages for Americans to do the jobs, you just bitch about republicans and support the free for all of illegals making it even harder for Americans to make a living off of physical labor.

Open your eyes
My desired outcome is to reform immigration law and it benefits everyone.

What is your endgame?

My desired outcome is to reform immigration law and it benefits everyone.

What is your endgame?
To pay hard working employees better and make immigrants go through the correct process to become legal Americans who pay taxes and insurance and not just get a pass because they are working low paying jobs.

Illegals that truly want to be here and contribute shouldn’t have a problem with it.

Reactions: MitchLL
and you're laying that failure at the feet of the party that has recently pushed for dramatic increases to minimum wage and not to at the political opposition that ALWAYS pushes back on that?

just a weird position to take
You can’t just raise the minimum wage and expect that to fix everything.
If you raise the minimum wage, most people would much rather flip a burger they crawl through some shit or small dark spaces somewhere. Or in this case picking fruit out of fields.

If you raise the minimum wage for everyone, it’s going to increase the cost of living for everyone as well.

You can’t just raise the minimum wage and expect that to fix everything.
If you raise the minimum wage, most people would much rather flip a burger they crawl through some shit or small dark spaces somewhere. Or in this case picking fruit out of fields.

If you raise the minimum wage for everyone, it’s going to increase the cost of living for everyone as well.
you should tell this to the person who posts under your name that said :
"The Americans don’t do the job because they don’t get paid what they are worth.
Pay someone $20+ to do the work and I bet you will have labor."

summary of your position: just pay people more, but don't just pay people more
makes perfect sense

you should tell this to the person who posts under your name that said :
"The Americans don’t do the job because they don’t get paid what they are worth.
Pay someone $20+ to do the work and I bet you will have labor."

summary of your position: just pay people more, but don't just pay people more
makes perfect sense
it does make sense. Pay the more demanding job more than you pay a burger flipper.
I don’t see too many illegals flipping burgers.
We were talking about actual physical labor.
Some people actually enjoy doing that but can’t make a living doing it

it does make sense. Pay the more demanding job more than you pay a burger flipper.
I don’t see too many illegals flipping burgers.
We were talking about actual physical labor.
Some people actually enjoy doing that but can’t make a living doing it
well...yes they are different policies (pay some people more vs pay all people more)

but when we're discussing which partisan political group is to blame for one group not getting paid more (which is what you were doing)...its dumb to blame the side that wants everyone to get paid more (as opposed to the side that resists any effort to uniformly increase pay for anyone)

but i know your thing is stating republican positions disguised as "both sides" stuff...so i'm sure this still won't connect

To pay hard working employees better and make immigrants go through the correct process to become legal Americans who pay taxes and insurance and not just get a pass because they are working low paying jobs.

Illegals that truly want to be here and contribute shouldn’t have a problem with it.
Sounds to me like we have the same view...reform immigration law.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
well...yes they are different policies (pay some people more vs pay all people more)

but when we're discussing which partisan political group is to blame for one group not getting paid more (which is what you were doing)...its dumb to blame the side that wants everyone to get paid more (as opposed to the side that resists any effort to uniformly increase pay for anyone)

but i know your thing is stating republican positions disguised as "both sides" stuff...so i'm sure this still won't connect
The democrats are doing much more to help with pay. Which is great. Democrats are also doing much more in allowing illegals into this country giving them poor paying jobs that Americans could do if they were paid better.

Looks like I can praise and bash the Democratic Party.

So yeah I can agree and disagree with things from both parties. I don’t just go all in on one party even if some of the things they say and do are stupid.

Sounds to me like we have the same view...reform immigration law.
I would agree. But until then, I don’t think we should be letting all these illegals in and making it easier for them by giving them the low paying jobs others don’t want because you let in a lot of terrible immigrants at the same time.

The democrats are doing much more to help with pay. Which is great. Democrats are also doing much more in allowing illegals into this country giving them poor paying jobs that Americans could do if they were paid better.

Looks like I can praise and bash the Democratic Party.

So yeah I can agree and disagree with things from both parties. I don’t just go all in on one party even if some of the things they say and do are stupid.
It's no secret why Republicans are against immigration reform.

The perception has ALWAYS been that Brown people don't vote for Republicans. That's the worst kept secret in the GOP.

The Radical Right just needs policies to attract minorities and their POV changes.

I'll never understand why Iowa Republicans hate immigrants and people trying to better themselves?
I'll never understand why anybody thinks it is okay for corporations to hire illegal workers, taking advantage of their situation, all the while suppressing wages for everyone in the entire region.

True story, in the 1970's the hospitals in Sioux City had a difficult time keeping employees staffed because the packing plants paid so well. It was that way with many businesses, in order to attract and retain employees they had to compete in the local job market and pay wages to attract employees.

Fast forward to the 1980's and IBP and the other meat packers succeeded in breaking the union. Next step was bringing in low-wage, illegal immigrant laborers to replace those good paying union jobs. It not only affected the type of living you could make working at the meat packing plants it negatively affected wages paid in the local job market across the city and the area.

When there are good paying jobs at places like Tyson, Wells Dairy, American Popcorn, or Gateway Computers (a throwback to a long gone SC company) it raises the wages across the entire market. I brink up Gateway because anybody who lived in SC in that era knew what kind of money you could make at Gateway.

I don't know why anybody is okay with illegal immigration and the exploitation of that labor. "Who would do this work?" is not a good excuse. Centuries of American citizens did that work before illegal immigrants were imported and exploited.

Not true at all. This is some political BS that corporations and elected officials started for cheap labor. The truth is that white American won't do the labor for half the pay. Get the illegals out of the way and a competitive wage will return and "white Americans", as you call them, will do the work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT