ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Kelly??

CatCoach

HR All-State
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
21 - 10 Sr gets pinned and done. Does he get a wild card or no points out of 157 again?

Yes on the wildcard. Deserves it even if he does wrestle without a brain sometimes.

Originally posted by HoundedHawk:
I'll never trust wildcards again after Lee Weber being denied.
Can't disagree with this but at least is it is no longer up to the Big 10 coaches.

Doesn't the bigs get 9 automatic qualifiers at 157? If so Kelly should wrestle again for ninth. Am I off base here?

Originally posted by SPOONER:

Originally posted by HoundedHawk:
I'll never trust wildcards again after Lee Weber being denied.
Can't disagree with this but at least is it is no longer up to the Big 10 coaches.
Excellent point.

Originally posted by lookleft goright:
Doesn't the bigs get 9 automatic qualifiers at 157? If so Kelly should wrestle again for ninth. Am I off base here?
B1G only got 8 qualifiers at 157 and 165 unless something changed I'm not aware of

Qualifier Allocations

Part of the selection criteria is finishing one spot out of an auto spot so the 9th place guy will have that going for them plus a chance to get extra wins vs other WC candidates.

Kelly with a though 8-0 win tonite vs MSU so he'll wrestle tomorrow for 9th.

Also, Moore dominated Wanzek before pinning him so he has a shot at 9th also. Was surprised at how good Moore looked in this match. He looked like his old self from last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT