ADVERTISEMENT

*****Minnesota vs Iowa Game Thread*****

sarcastic better late than never GIF by NBC

Our press is giving wide open looks..not good.
Gophers are hot and confident right now.
We caught them on the right nite in the Barn.

Why do you sit Harding all half and now your putting him in? Why all of a sudden do you play him? Do you have a plan or are you just winging it?

I remember a home game vs. Minnesota on a Saturday back in the Lickliter years.
The game was over in the first half. Iowa was overmatched by a really average gopher squad.

This feels eerily similar. The one exception is Freeman.

JHC! I wasn't even watching the men's game because I'm still too disgusted by the women's choke. 51 points for Minnesota in the first half???? 8-12 from three? Wow, Iowa! I sure hope the Super Bowl is better than the basketball games.

According to Fran it's a gut feeling. The last 14 years were managed on a gut feeling. Imagine that!
Fran is just not a great overall basketball coach. Outstanding in drawing up out of bounds plays, I enjoy the up and down style some, but no defense, horrible rotation management, and has no idea how to stop a run. Time to move on.

I remember a home game vs. Minnesota on a Saturday back in the Lickliter years.
The game was over in the first half. Iowa was overmatched by a really average gopher squad.

This feels eerily similar. The one exception is Freeman.

I was thinking the exact same thing....Tubby has us blown out in 1st half and had to call off the dogs to let Iowa keep it within 30. Fran ball looks like Lickliter ball after taking speed. The lineups Fran puts out just boggle your mind. You will never see another coach put out a lineup with 4 forwards and a converted shooting guard at PG.

We have some talent on offense. Defensively we only have a few guys that can play defense and since the coach doesn't value defense, they have no direction. The guys that are athletically challenged/afraid of contact are matadors.

Freeman, Dix, Sanfort, Perkins---> we ought to be able to get more wins with tha core than we will get.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
C'mon, one bad year out of 8 and he's going down in flames?
Next year we will rebound....
Next year is a long ways away. I'd be more excited about next year if Fran would commit to playing Dix, Dembele and Harding more. Patrick and Krikke can sit on the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT