ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Summer Camp reports

DanHawkPella

HR Legend
Jul 24, 2001
Just some quick notes top of mind (looked this up earlier today):

- Marble had a good game with Orlando (who has both a White(W) and a Blue(B) summer team in Orlando) with 14 points, 3 ast, 3 reb, 6 steal and just 2 TO. Went 4-11 from 3. He was the 2nd highest scorer in their OT win - Aaron Gordon led the team with 22 pts, 18 boards and 2-5 3 point shooting. Wow.

- Tuttle and Olaseni each only played 4 minutes for Miami with no significant stats. Probably just getting accustomed to the schemes they want and hopefully will get more minutes after a few games. Justice Winslow had 15 points for Miami.

Kaminsky (19 pts, 12 reb) at #8 and Winslow at #9 may end up being pretty good steals.

Not sure who would say Kaminski wouldn't fit in the NBA, he has both an inside and outside game. Dakari Johnson looked completely lost trying to guard him yesterday.
Marble looked outstanding on both ends of the floor, just need him to be more consistent shooting.

Last edited:
Today's NBA game 7 footers who run the floor well and have a lethal long-range jumper are high in demand. This isn't Shawn Bradley, Kaminsky SHOULD do very well. Not the next Dirk, but a solid player.

Marble looked good yesterday, had the game winning steal,
His shot looked so much better and made some nice hustle plays.Kaminsky I could see frank being a Channing frye kind of player. Royce white though looked completely lost. I would be surprised if he made the clippers.

Marble looked good yesterday, had the game winning steal,
His shot looked so much better and made some nice hustle plays.Kaminsky I could see frank being a Channing frye kind of player. Royce white though looked completely lost. I would be surprised if he made the clippers.
I will be surprised if Kaminsky doesn't have a successful NBA career. He can play the 4 or 5, depending on match ups, and he has both an inside and outside game. He might struggle in some match ups on the defensive end, but some NBA players are so good at what they do, most players struggle to stop them.

Marble just needs to keep working hard and be in the right place at the right time.

He could struggle on defense for sure. If he makes up for it by rebounding well enough and being the ultimate "stretch four" or even " stretch five" by hitting shots he probably could be ok.

Marble I think could play in the nba for a long timeif he shoots the way he did yesterday and plays hard on defense with his length. Could be a "3 and d" guy I guess
I will be surprised if Kaminsky doesn't have a successful NBA career. He can play the 4 or 5, depending on match ups, and he has both an inside and outside game. He might struggle in some match ups on the defensive end, but some NBA players are so good at what they do, most players struggle to stop them.

Marble just needs to keep working hard and be in the right place at the right time.

Olaseni had 5 pts, 3 rebounds and 2 blocks in 12 minutes today. Tuttle did not play.

Stanley Johnson looking good for Detroit so far this summer.

Yes, I believe they are on quite a bit on the NBA channel, due to limited other things for them to cover right now outside of Free Agency. Seems to always be a game on lately. I watched a bit of Olaseni last night. Unfortunately Miami has a big guy named Reed who looks pretty good ahead of him - Reed will likely make an NBA roster.

Olaseni might be intriguing to some team, though. Wonder if he would play for England in the next Olympics - I think he could make their team for sure. Feels like he'll end up in Europe since on offense he can't face and shoot or execute post moves, so he's basically a screen and roll big who will run the floor and block shots.

Olaseni would be a perfect guy to improve in the d league. The heat could pay attention to his progress and maybe he could be a rotation guy down the line.

Olaseni would be a perfect guy to improve in the d league. The heat could pay attention to his progress and maybe he could be a rotation guy down the line.
The D-League might be a great scenario for the Heat, but maybe not for Gabe. The pay opportunities can be much better in Europe, and given he's from England he would likely also be closer to home. If we're talking a short stint in the D-League it might be beneficial to Gabe, but not so much for a longer term while he progresses and improves. If he gets to the point where he's NBA ready, they will find him in either scenario.

The D-League might be a great scenario for the Heat, but maybe not for Gabe. The pay opportunities can be much better in Europe, and given he's from England he would likely also be closer to home. If we're talking a short stint in the D-League it might be beneficial to Gabe, but not so much for a longer term while he progresses and improves. If he gets to the point where he's NBA ready, they will find him in either scenario.

I was thinking that as well. Go home to Europe and earn good bucks playing for ten/fifteen years. If I'm correct many European leagues have rules allowing only two players from the United States? Gabe skirts that and becomes a very valuable asset.

And while there, Gabe can keep an eye out for up and coming youths who could use a four year trip to Iowa.

MONDAY:

- Melvin Ejim with 12 pts and 7 rebounds in 29 minutes for Orlando White.
- Marble had 4 pts on 1-5 shooting (1-4 from 3) with 1 ast and 1 steal (Aaron Gordon had another big night) for Orlando Blue
- Tuttle had 11 pts, 3 reb,4 ast, 2 stl for Miami
- Olaseni DNP

Marble put up 22 points (8 for 17), 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, and 1 turnover today. He went 5 for 9 from three. It appears he's turning himself into a solid 3 and D role player. He keeps getting better.

Good to hear, hope we can keep the draft run going. Did I miss something, where is White?

Not sure it's a good rule but I have seen a player have as many as 10 fouls in a summer league game. Coach must have liked his aggressiveness.

I think I remember from last year since the LV summer league games are played in two venues that only games at the one sight are televised.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT