ADVERTISEMENT

******NCAA Championship Session 2a Thread*******

Jayden chooses down to start 2nd period.

Escape and BIG slideby for TD by Jayden. I mean BIG SLIDEBY says Ironside. Now has the leg thrown in, but it's a weird position that only JE finds comfortable. JE keeps riding. Leads 3-0 with RT after 2 periods.
Eierman always reminds me of a cat playing with its food. LOL! Happy go lucky, not a care in the world...

Waiting on Kaleb Young vs. Brady Bergy from PSU.

Iowa leads 26-21 over 2nd place Penn State.

Last Hawkeye wrestler this session.

Next session starts at 8PM.

This will be my last match of the evening but I'll be back tomorrow morning bright and early.

Underway with KY vs. #12 Bergy, who's wearing a face guard due to broken nose.

KY working front headlock.

Bergy uses nice ankle pick to get TD against KY. Ironside says it was beautiful.

KY struggles to get out from under, then Bergy releases.

Guys are just stalking each other, just pushing on the shoulders.

KY shoots but Bergy uses same ankle pick but KY is hanging onto his ankle. Both guys hold positions.

End of 1st period KY trails 1-2.
Thanks for doing what you do. I appreciate like so many others that can't be near a tv or PC.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
Well if he makes it that far, he will already be guaranteed 8th. Honestly he has a great path to AA. That quadrant of the backside has Jacques, Coleman and later loser of Lee/Carr. Right now he has #13, 22 and 30. Loser of 23/26 is dropping in Young’s side.
MIsread the bracket. Thanks for the correction. Still going to be coinflips, but he's in a better spot.

Come on Kaleb!!! No sense of ****ing urgency.
He didn't do diddly in the 2nd round and didn't shift into a higher gear until :40 seconds left in the 3rd.

I'm tired of that passive bullshit. That type of mindset wins no matches and now we just opened the door for PSU here in the 2nd round.

He's completely bizarre in his approach to the match. He'll school someone one match and revert to a Koala for another 10. I have more faith in Murin than Young just for the simple fact I see Murin feels he has something to prove while Young couldn't care less. Love both Hawkeyes.

He's completely bizarre in his approach to the match. He'll school someone one match and revert to a Koala for another 10. I have more faith in Murin than Young just for the simple fact I see Murin feels he has something to prove while Young couldn't care less. Love both Hawkeyes.
He might have put more effort in if he were still courting Tom's daughter...but now that that deal's been sealed...why worry😁

• Haha
Reactions: Herkylian
Max just beat a top 5 seed and came forward the whole time. Don't lump him in there. (Also ridiculous statement when you look at who's behind them currently).
That is fair. My bad except still stinging from the Big 10’s too I guess But you are right. Sorry.

nothing is a given, Warner should have shit the bed in the 1st round.

Man I just watched ADS' pin against the WVU guy and Warner's back time against Reenan a couple more times just to ensure I wasn't see things. I think Warner was pinned a few times if it was the ref calling ADS' match. Hope he takes that gift and does something with it...like run the table!

That dude was trying to do everything he could to tear up Lee’s knee. I think Spencer could have fought that off if there were higher stakes, but he bailed to protect the knee.
Hahaha jesus. Come tf on. I’m a big Spencer fan myself but get real.

wish Sloan was healthy so he could at least have a chance at destroying him from on top. Can’t stand him. Wow now Ferrari is comparable to Lebron James coming out of hs lol

Man I just watched ADS' pin against the WVU guy and Warner's back time against Reenan a couple more times just to ensure I wasn't see things. I think Warner was pinned a few times if it was the ref calling ADS' match. Hope he takes that gift and does something with it...like run the table!
Yup. Refs are bad about giving a high ranked guy the benefit of the doubt then pulling the quick pin will it’s a big underdog who they think “should be” pinned. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT