ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska being Nebraska (WBB ex player suit)

If this comes out as true, the YES Williams needs to be fired.....
I only know what is out there in the media, but it does sound like the coach "circled the wagons" here and either led, or allowed, some amount of victim blaming/shaming, etc. To an extent, this sounds a little like the Pierre Pierce situation, coupled with a less than ideal reaction from Steve Alford. To be sure, these are not the only examples of a coach that tends to bury the story as it relates to their program, etc.

It should be automatic protocol for athletic coaches to be required to report any such peccadillos to someone in admin who can think their way through things with some level of clear thinking. Cuz...coaches often don't think very well and can make bad situations worse too often.

I only know what is out there in the media, but it does sound like the coach "circled the wagons" here and either led, or allowed, some amount of victim blaming/shaming, etc. To an extent, this sounds a little like the Pierre Pierce situation, coupled with a less than ideal reaction from Steve Alford. To be sure, these are not the only examples of a coach that tends to bury the story as it relates to their program, etc.

It should be automatic protocol for athletic coaches to be required to report any such peccadillos to someone in admin who can think their way through things with some level of clear thinking. Cuz...coaches often don't think very well and can make bad situations worse too often.
I'm pretty sure that there all ready is a law requiring coaches to report such situations. Certainly school teachers are required under penalty of jail time to report abuse inside or outside of their pervue. I can't imagine that NCAA coaches don't fall in the same category. Not only fired, but probably criminal charges as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT