ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Suriano

Knight563

HR MVP
Aug 9, 2014
Hall and Lee got their own thread I figured it's time for Nick to get his! He's flo's number one 126lber and list Iowa, PSU, tOSU, NE. Big wins over Fix and Lee. I'd love to see this kid in the black and gold. I think he'd be a stud at 133 and if he continues to grow possible 141?!

Hall
Marnelli
Young
Happel
Suriano
And for fun lets throw in Colbray (#1 195er)

Yeah I think that class gets it done...

I actually think that's realistic with, of course, the exception of Colbray. We have 2 on board (Marnelli & Young) with the other 3 in our sights. Would be grateful and not too shocked if we get all 5.

we already have 2 and scholly money to spend, 4 or 5 would be nice and isn't yates in that class also. losing gross probably gave us more $ maybe,evans,telford,jeva,nick moore. 1 for 1 on each of those gives us 5 that all had to be getting something that can now be invested.

We'll have a very good top 5 for sure, but I think some of the names on that list are going to be different wrestlers at similar weights.

gobblin do you know something about moore that maybe me and doug s. might not know. also suriano is the lack of interest from him or iowa. just wondering.

I believe the staff has a couple different plans in place for the lightweight recruiting situation... I also believe both heavily involve Spencer Lee. Should be fun to watch it unfold as either scenario will have us so giddy we'll all be whistling dixie out our collective assholes. And yes, there's still plenty of mutual interest with the Surianos... And the Yates... And the Rathbuns.

And let us not forget Mejia and Renteria, whom are both already studs and are just starting to scratch the surface of their potential.

Whatever combined schollie money we were giving to Gross+Ryan+Lembeck will be better spent on a single superstar. I know the current narrative is that Gross and Ryan's departure created a hole at 141, but neither was a shoo-in to even qualify for NCAAs next year, much less AA (Gross was ranked #46 this year by wrestlestats, #34 with this year's seniors removed).

(BTW, this is not a moral opinion about any of the 3 kids. They're dealing with the hole they dug and don't need us piling on. Strictly a discussion about the money it frees up.)

Whatever combined schollie money we were giving to Gross+Ryan+Lembeck will be better spent on a single superstar. I know the current narrative is that Gross and Ryan's departure created a hole at 141, but neither was a shoo-in to even qualify for NCAAs next year, much less AA (Gross was ranked #46 this year by wrestlestats, #34 with this year's seniors removed).

(BTW, this is not a moral opinion about any of the 3 kids. They're dealing with the hole they dug and don't need us piling on. Strictly a discussion about the money it frees up.)
How much money did it free up? o_O
Couldn't help myself. :D

Reactions: TarpHawk
thanks gob, seems to me last year suriano was always mentioned as an iowa lean seems to have cooled abit.and me I am already giddy this is almost as fun as the actual season almost.was not in any way calling you out, I always pay attention to your posts . I think they come from a place of knowledge

Suriano's "cooling" might have to do with the current and future (with committed and hopeful recruits) log jam at the lower weights.

I highly doubt Suriano cares about a log jam. I'm sure he has the same mentality as Gilmam and Clark aka thinks he can beat out anyone for a spot.

Anyone know if Devos is coming back to the team?

I feel like it is down to PSU and IOWA. Does anyone know if he wants to wrestle his true freshmen year? Looking at PSU line-up it looks like they would need him to. If he does then you would think PSU is the lean, if he doesn't then I would think Iowa is lean.

Gobblin is the man on this thread I trust most with info!!! Look at his list of 5.

Rathbun: I feel he is the most undervalued 125lber type in the country. If that makes sense. I Really love what this young man could bring to the table for the Hawks.

Yates: I like him just a bit better than Suriano(just a gut feeling) but would be EXTREMELY happy with either one.

Happel: Iowa kid that we HAVE to get!!! Special instate talent that we NEED!! The University is starting to put more pressure on the staffs to get more Iowa kids and this is one we cant let go.

Hall: Best wrestler in the country!!

Moore: Absolute beast that would fit perfect in a Iowa singlet!!

I believe the staff has a couple different plans in place for the lightweight recruiting situation... I also believe both heavily involve Spencer Lee. Should be fun to watch it unfold as either scenario will have us so giddy we'll all be whistling dixie out our collective assholes. And yes, there's still plenty of mutual interest with the Surianos... And the Yates... And the Rathbuns.

And let us not forget Mejia and Renteria, whom are both already studs and are just starting to scratch the surface of their potential.
O, I wish I was in the land of cotton, Old times there are not forgotten, Look Away, Look Away...........................:D

Reactions: minnhawkeye
No high school rules on wrestling 30 mins straight? Yikes those guy's are warriors

Yeah I couldn't believe it when I watched this match. He's got Hawkeye written all over him. Hopefully he realizes that too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT