ADVERTISEMENT

No bueno

No need to read that because 99% of what Jammenz post is stupidity too as he is the gopher/nebby version of Mitch. As for your fellow fans comment... Not sure why you would group me with them as I would never group your opinion with Mitch's, Ironbrain's or Vodka's. Not sure why you feel the need to come at me and defend Mitch's idiotic take on this one.

You should at least charge Mitch rent for living in your brain.

I’m sure this is far from over but yes.... very reminiscent of the Pierre Pierce incident and sickening....
What in this case so far is very reminiscent of Pierre Pierce that is is so sickening? Pierre plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of sexual assault and then later assaulted his girlfriend and attempting to burglarize her apartment. Right now I see nothing even close to Pierces case. You are really good at reserving judgement.

No need to read that because 99% of what Jammenz post is stupidity too as he is the gopher/nebby version of Mitch. As for your fellow fans comment... Not sure why you would group me with them as I would never group your opinion with Mitch's, Ironbrain's or Vodka's. Not sure why you feel the need to come at me and defend Mitch's idiotic take on this one.

Not defending his take. But when it comes to trolling and Minnesota fans, sympathy is between shit and syphilis in the dictionary...because Minne fans are over here a lot when something bad happens at Iowa.

Not defending his take. But when it comes to trolling and Minnesota fans, sympathy is between shit and syphilis in the dictionary...because Minne fans are over here a lot when something bad happens at Iowa.

I don’t even see jammenz post on this board anymore

Reactions: el dub
What exactly sounded horrific from the linked 911 transcript? It's basically just some guy saying his friend is crying, he doesn't want to give his name, and he has no idea if his friend knows alleged suspects.

Now, who knows the truth of what happened here, but there is absolutely nothing in that 911 transcript that goes into any "horrific" details.
Sorry but if you can read that combined with what was released in the police report and not see the horrific aspect of what appears to have happened you might be a bit jaded.

And here come the defenders of some random athlete that happens to participate for a team or sport some cheer for... I'm sure they held him for 3 days just for fun :rolleyes:
Pitchfork nation is in full swing... Evidence? We don't need evidence... He's guilty because he was held in jail. Maybe the police should have done their due diligence and after this was reported they could have investigated, gathered information and then arrested the individuals if it was deemed worthy.

Sorry but if you can read that combined with what was released in the police report and not see the horrific aspect of what appears to have happened you might be a bit jaded.

I simply asked you what was horrific in the linked 911 transcript. If you have nothing, cool. Your comment implied that there was.

What in this case so far is very reminiscent of Pierre Pierce that is is so sickening? Pierre plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of sexual assault and then later assaulted his girlfriend and attempting to burglarize her apartment. Right now I see nothing even close to Pierces case. You are really good at reserving judgement.

Watching you squirm over here HR is over this is, if nothing else, entertaining.

Last edited:
Yep. Really squirming. What’s entertaining to me is watching how petty and quick some people are to try to bury a kid because they don’t like his team or the way he shuffles on the mat. If he’s found guilty I’ll be right there saying throw the book at him but until then I’m going to let the justice system play out. This is much bigger than a rivalry on the wrestling mat.

Last edited:
Reactions: slushhead
I must be a cold hearted son of a gun because that transcript did not make me think we need to hang anyone or send them to jail for 20 years. Something may have happened that was bad, but from that transcript, it did not seem like
What exactly sounded horrific from the linked 911 transcript? It's basically just some guy saying his friend is crying, he doesn't want to give his name, and he has no idea if his friend knows alleged suspects.

Now, who knows the truth of what happened here, but there is absolutely nothing in that 911 transcript that goes into any "horrific" details.
I am glad you said that, because I was thinking it myself. The 911 tape gave no evidence of anything. The real shame here is that in our current snowflake, PC, you hurt my feelings and I need a safe space world, it is hard to tell if something really bad happened or if someone is over reacting. That means either many people will get away with some terrible things or many people will get charged with nothing and deal with the ruined reputation and fall out that follows. I have no knowledge what happened and I am not going to defend or crucify anyone.

Yep. Really squirming. What’s entertaining to me is watching how petty and quick some people are to try to bury a kid because they don’t like his team or the way he shuffles on the mat. If he’s found guilty I’ll be right there saying throw the book at him but until then I’m going to let the justice system play out. This is much bigger than a rivalry on the wrestling mat.

My bad... I didn’t realize that pointlessly arguing with a few faceless folks that have absolutely nothing to do directly with the situation here on HR was “letting it play out”.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoythawk and MSeil
Jesus. Everybody needs to chill. Nobody knows what happened or didn’t. I was involved in the Young Women’s Resource Center as an advocate as a volunteer in my earlier years as a lawyer. And heard horrific stories. And many were true and sickening. Some were not true. I have read all the posts. Wendy is right on people not reporting for sure. Now 100 percent of people under 50 having a story I wouldn’t know. Different culture in a right way. So I don’t know stats. Used to but not now. Bottom line, let it play out without speculation. I know this always turns political, but on both sides it is not political to them. My 2 cents.

Pitchfork nation is in full swing... Evidence? We don't need evidence... He's guilty because he was held in jail. Maybe the police should have done their due diligence and after this was reported they could have investigated, gathered information and then arrested the individuals if it was deemed worthy.
This is not just for you, it's for everyone.

One thing I don't like is why are the names and booking pics of the accused released to the media before they are charged? shouldn't the accused be granted confidentiality until they are charged with a crime? i understand giving confidentially to the ALLEGED victim but why not give confidentiality to the accused UNTIL they are charged?

in this case, they weren't charged, yet the public knows their names. if a future potential employer googles their name, up comes the pic of them in an orange suit & the words "sexual assault." Is that fair? I would argue that it isn't.

The Gopher AD must be fuming. First the 10 Gopher football players vs 1 girl and now 7 Gopher wrestlers vs 1 girl?

The culture was supposed to change with that new AD.

I must be a cold hearted son of a gun because that transcript did not make me think we need to hang anyone or send them to jail for 20 years. Something may have happened that was bad, but from that transcript, it did not seem like

I am glad you said that, because I was thinking it myself. The 911 tape gave no evidence of anything. The real shame here is that in our current snowflake, PC, you hurt my feelings and I need a safe space world, it is hard to tell if something really bad happened or if someone is over reacting. That means either many people will get away with some terrible things or many people will get charged with nothing and deal with the ruined reputation and fall out that follows. I have no knowledge what happened and I am not going to defend or crucify anyone.
Didn't an object get inserted which caused an emergency room visit? They aren't keeping a guy in jail for 3 days without something bad happening. Everything points to the poor girl knowing her life will get even worse if she presses charges against a celebrity. 83% says the cops can't convince her to go through with it. She knows her life will become a bigger hell than what they most likely already put her through.

JFYI-The man(criminal) did NOT die from a choke! He had other health issues that was proven.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

“Though Mr. Garner had high blood pressure and chronic asthma, Dr. Persechino, a veteran city medical examiner, stood by her finding that his death was a homicide caused by the officer’s use of force. “The chokehold is a significant initial factor of the cascade,” she said.”

Last edited:
The Gopher AD must be fuming. First the 10 Gopher football players vs 1 girl and now 7 Gopher wrestlers vs 1 girl?

The culture was supposed to change with that new AD.
Just an FYI... the guy on the guillotine who said he was in the know that posted that it was 7 wrestlers was proven to not be in the know and has since went back and deleted his comments.

Just an FYI... the guy on the guillotine who said he was in the know that posted that it was 7 wrestlers was proven to not be in the know and has since went back and deleted his comments.
7 or not, 2 were arrested after a girl was sodomized to the point of needing to go to the ER. Whoever did it better get charged. I don't gaf if it's gable steveson or not.

You should at least charge Mitch rent for living in your brain.
Why not?

Read the Gopher forum... I'm living there rent free, too.

The pure fact that these two fools were incarcerated for 48 hours means something likely bad, happened. The fact that charges have yet to be filed does NOT mean they are innocent.

BTW; Gopher Athletics is still a hemorrhoid on the B1G's ass.

I think I'll let it play out before speculating about any crime being committed.

2 words: Duke Lacrosse (and far from the only fabricated story on this topic)

I'm with you WRT holding out until it's all on the table. Based on what I've read there's not enough information out there to start speculating. That said, I'm curious about the use of an object...WTH is that all about? Hmmm...

I feel like you skirted the question that I asked you. You said every female you know under 50 has been assaulted/raped, I said no one that I know has been and allowed that there may well be some that have that have never brought that forward. You then emphasized that angle only.

Don't you think it is odd that your experience is 100% and mine is a qualified 0%?
Sounds like you're nit picking just to get a rise out of her. I'm sure it's not 100 % but I'm also sure it's just you hassling her just for fun or being an ass...

Reactions: el dub
Even if both wrestlers are not charged criminally, there will be a Title IX investigation. Remember, the bar is much lower with a Title IX investigation when compared to the criminal court system. If it's likely that the 2 wrestlers did something wrong, the recommendation from the Title IX investigation could be that the 2 wrestlers be expelled from the University of Minnesota.

I am guessing they are suspended until the Title IX investigation is completed? Will be interesting to see if that is the case (or would they be reinstated, pending the Title IX investigation?).

Check this article out.

Note that one piece of evidence is the medical exam & treatment that the alleged victim received.

As you can see, the 2 wrestlers remain suspended as the criminal investigation continues.

From KSTP (ABC TV station), Minneapolis/St Paul:

June 18, 2019 05:03 PM

The Hennepin County Attorney's Office is not filing charges against a pair of University of Minnesota wrestlers accused of criminal sexual misconduct.

Gable Steveson and Dylan Martinez were arrested Saturday night by Minneapolis police.

However, a release from the county attorney's office said, after reviewing the allegations, a determination was been made that no charges can be brought at this time.

The release stresses the investigation remains active and prosecutors will continue to work with Minneapolis police investigators to review any new evidence that comes in over the next 90 days.

The Minneapolis Police Department's public information report on the incident that led to the arrest of two University of Minnesota wrestlers Saturday night shows the alleged victim in the matter was taken to the hospital for treatment.

In the meantime, Steveson and Martinez, who were both listed on the Hennepin County jail roster, have been released.

On Sunday, following the arrest, a statement from the U of M athletic department said the two wrestlers had been suspended from all team activity pending further investigation.

A follow-up statement Monday said the suspension remains in place, even after the decision of the county attorney's office.

"In light of today's Hennepin County Attorney decision, the suspension will remain in place for both student athletes while the criminal investigation continues, as outlined in the Student-Athlete Code of Conduct,"
it read.

Steveson was a four-time state champion wrestler at Apple Valley High School and finished his freshman year at the U of M with a 35-2 record. He finished third in the nation at heavyweight.

Martinez came to the Gophers from Fresno City College in California and was a two-time California community college champion.

LINK: https://kstp.com/news/hennepin-coun...harges-at-this-time-gopher-wrestlers/5393970/

Reactions: natchrlman
Check this article out.

Note that one piece of evidence is the medical exam & treatment that the alleged victim received.

As you can see, the 2 wrestlers remain suspended as the criminal investigation continues.

From KSTP (ABC TV station), Minneapolis/St Paul:

June 18, 2019 05:03 PM

The Hennepin County Attorney's Office is not filing charges against a pair of University of Minnesota wrestlers accused of criminal sexual misconduct.

Gable Steveson and Dylan Martinez were arrested Saturday night by Minneapolis police.

However, a release from the county attorney's office said, after reviewing the allegations, a determination was been made that no charges can be brought at this time.

The release stresses the investigation remains active and prosecutors will continue to work with Minneapolis police investigators to review any new evidence that comes in over the next 90 days.

The Minneapolis Police Department's public information report on the incident that led to the arrest of two University of Minnesota wrestlers Saturday night shows the alleged victim in the matter was taken to the hospital for treatment.

In the meantime, Steveson and Martinez, who were both listed on the Hennepin County jail roster, have been released.

On Sunday, following the arrest, a statement from the U of M athletic department said the two wrestlers had been suspended from all team activity pending further investigation.

A follow-up statement Monday said the suspension remains in place, even after the decision of the county attorney's office.

"In light of today's Hennepin County Attorney decision, the suspension will remain in place for both student athletes while the criminal investigation continues, as outlined in the Student-Athlete Code of Conduct,"
it read.

Steveson was a four-time state champion wrestler at Apple Valley High School and finished his freshman year at the U of M with a 35-2 record. He finished third in the nation at heavyweight.

Martinez came to the Gophers from Fresno City College in California and was a two-time California community college champion.

LINK: https://kstp.com/news/hennepin-coun...harges-at-this-time-gopher-wrestlers/5393970/
So no ones talking? Since objects don’t leave DNA about all they have are witnesses to prosecute.....people wonder why women don’t report sexual assaults.....these guys get off scott free and she lives with the trauma the rest of her life..... I hate this bullshit

So no ones talking? Since objects don’t leave DNA about all they have are witnesses to prosecute.....people wonder why women don’t report sexual assaults.....these guys get off scott free and she lives with the trauma the rest of her life..... I hate this bullshit
not sure who is or isn't talking

you would think that the medical exam would offer clues as to whether she were raped or not; i would think that would be one huge piece of evidence

however, as some have speculated, maybe the alleged victim is not cooperating at this time & its currently the 2 wrestlers' words vs silence....

The "object" was probably sent to the lab. If the victim's DNA is found on the object, that goes a long ways in corroborating her story. The doctors and staff at the ER and others at the house will be interviewed. Maybe Steveson ratted out his teammate and the prosecutors need more time to figure out of Steveson is telling the truth. All sorts of moving parts here.

Prosecutors don't like to move too quick on these cases because once charges are filed the clock starts. It's better to sort it out before hand.

I'd sure like to see the search warrant affidavit.

Really, I would think Iowa be a great fit considering your coach was suspended his senior year of high school for similar charges, not to mention Iowa has been transferring in guy with baggage such as DeSanto and Renteria, not to mention trying to get PDIII in.

With PSU's sorry pathetic history, do you really want to start this conversation ?

Really, I would think Iowa be a great fit considering your coach was suspended his senior year of high school for similar charges, not to mention Iowa has been transferring in guy with baggage such as DeSanto and Renteria, not to mention trying to get PDIII in.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Chuck C
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT