ADVERTISEMENT

now that the class is signed here is a break down

Hawkeye2222

HR MVP
Dec 21, 2014
these are how they are listed by Rival.

QB Boyle he can run and throw something posters have been wanting
ATH Cook can be either a QB or TE just hope he does not pull a Derby on the Hawks
ATH Hockaday can play LB/SS/ and WR/RB on offense
ATH Wilson looks to play LB 1st Team All State in IA helped Boyle lead their team the class 4A Championship
RB Graham 1st Team All State in Alabama
TE Vejvoda was his team starting Slot Receiver who also split out to WR
WR Falconer out of FLA 4.5 40
WR Ogwo member of the USA JR Olympic team his JR year in HS out of TX 4.45 40
WR Smith a TX Top 100 player 4.4 40
OL Levi Paulson 6'6 290 by current reports and is a HWT wrestler
OL Landan Paulson 6'6 290 lbs also a HWT wrestler both him and his brother fit the mold of what KF looks in OL and DL
OL Waechter 6'5 or 6'6 285 lbs
OL Daniels 6'4 275 lbs on paper the best OL of the group and will be the center for this OL group
DE Nelson 6'6 4.9 40 good speed on the edge
DE Slater 6'3 4.7 40
DE Reiff 6'4 4.5 40
DT Jansen 6'1 4.43 short shuttle
DT Newborg 6'3 5.0 40 no short shutle
LB Garbutt 6.2 4.5 40
LB Jinnings 6'2 /6'1 depending upon where you look 4.3 short shuttle
LB Ojemuda 6'2 4.59 40 will be interesting to see who plays LB or SS between this kid and Hockaday

this staff filled in a lot of holes with this class, getting size and speed at all the positions

the OL looks like this
Levi Paulson 6'6 290 OT
Landan Paulson 6'6 290 is listed as a OG
Waechter 6'5 or 6'6 285 lbs is lIsted as a OG
Daniels 6'4 275 is a Center

and this group will be opening holes for Grahamm
blocking for Weigers as CJ and JR will both will be gone and it appears he is to be next in line at QB.

WTF - this is basically a poor recap of what Sanderson posted yesterday.

didn't see Blairs recap, but I suppose you can do better at breaking this class by position? not to mention how they will fill in the holes.

Here's a recap. 13th rated class in the B1G. Its a very subpar recruiting class loaded with Iowa kids that have no other offers. Fill needs? Doesn't do any good to fill needs with low end talent. Warm bodies aren't good enough. The results will continue to show, and the program will continue to slide.
This post was edited on 2/5 12:17 PM by Sandow

Originally posted by Sandow:

Here's a recap. 13th rated class in the B1G. Its a very subpar recruiting class loaded with Iowa kids that have no other offers. Fill needs? Doesn't do any good to fill needs with low end talent. Warm bodies aren't good enough. The results will continue to show, and the program will continue to slide.
This post was edited on 2/5 12:17 PM by Sandow
You are just as bad as Kilroy.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

no david he is 10 X worse than I ever could be
laugh.r191677.gif

Not ten times, but definitely more irritating hearing all his negative drivel than kilroy's positive spin.

Okay, you eternal optimists please list what is positive about Iowa football, and this recruiting class that is second to last in the B1G.

didn't see Blairs recap,  but I suppose you can do better at breaking this class by position? not to mention how they will fill in the holes.
Anyone can do a better recap. For starters, Newborg is starting out at OL and Jansen is a LB. The staff didn't fill one of the biggest holes which would be DL. They flopped on that front some how.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Do you want someone to list positives about Iowa football or this recruiting class? Which is it? I'll gladly take a shot at either or. Just to keep conversation going.

Originally posted by SWIowahawks:

didn't see Blairs recap, but I suppose you can do better at breaking this class by position? not to mention how they will fill in the holes.
Anyone can do a better recap. For starters, Newborg is starting out at OL and Jansen is a LB. The staff didn't fill one of the biggest holes which would be DL. They flopped on that front some how.
Jansen is not a LB. Where did you get that from? Reiff, Slater, Nelson and Jansen are the DL recruits although I can't see Jansen every amounting to more than a backup. Slater could turn in to a very good DT with his athleticism.

Originally posted by David1979:

didn't see Blairs recap,  but I suppose you can do better at breaking this class by position? not to mention how they will fill in the holes.
Jansen is not a LB.  Where did you get that from?  Reiff, Slater, Nelson and Jansen are the DL recruits although I can't see Jansen every amounting to more than a backup.  Slater could turn in to a very good DT with his athleticism.
Sorry. Was thinking Nick Wilson. Get confused with all the in-state white kids that aren't ranked.

Honestly, I like Slater out of this group. His film has him playing LB and RB.

Do you want someone to list positives about Iowa football or this recruiting class? Which is it? I'll gladly take a shot at either or. Just to keep conversation going.

Whatever you feel like. I can think of one positive, the new facilities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT