If CJ is indeed out, the projected line up is:

JBo
Connor
Weezy
Keegan
Luka

GO HAWKS!!!

Last edited:
I have a feeling this is going to be a rough one. The refs have been letting Luka get roughed up in the lane, so he's going to need an ice bath after this one. Not only tons of bumping by the big guys, but letting smaller players live in his cylinder.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
I have a feeling this is going to be a rough one. The refs have been letting Luka get roughed up in the lane, so he's going to need an ice bath after this one. Not only tons of bumping by the big guys, but letting smaller players live in his cylinder.
yeah, the cylinder rule apparently no longer exists

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
I don't feel great about this one, but maybe they got bad shooting out of their system vs Indiana. Let's have a couple guys step up to get the pressure of off Luka.

I’ve had this penciled in as a loss from the get-go. If they win....great!

Its been too damn long between games!!

#7 Iowa...... (12-3, 6-2 Big Ten)
#19 Illinois (10-5, 6-3 Big Ten)
Line: ILLINI are a 2.5 point favorite

O/U: 162 points (82-80 type game?)

If CJ is indeed out, the projected line up is:

JBo
Connor
Weezy
Keegan
Luka

GO HAWKS!!!

Do we know if ConMac is the primary,PG tonight?

I wish Iowa had a hype video.

Here's the Illini's. The narrator? Deon Thomas. Remember him? ;)

Buckle up.

Watch:

pretty pretty ....pretty ..... pretty good. I have to admit. I’m hyped.

The fact of the matter is that Illinois has had essentially zero home court advantage this year (hell...Ohio - not Ohio State -Ohio damn near beat them at SFC), and Iowa is just better.

Last edited:
In last year's 78-76 loss at #23 Illinois, Iowa was ranked #18.

Fran stuck with 8 players.

Joe Toussaint was the 2nd leading scorer.

Min.....Pts......Player
40........28.........Garza
20.........14.........Joe T (4-7 FGs, 2-4 from 3; 4-4 FTs; 2 Asst, 2 TOs)
34.........07........Joe W
31..........03........CJ
29..........10........Connor
............Bench............................
21..........08........Evelyn
12..........02........Pemsl
12..........02........Kriener
01....... ..02........Till
200.......76.........TOTALS

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I just hope the ref that was doing the Indiana game isn't at this game. Last year, someone posted our record with him officiating and Iowa was 2-7 or something similar.

This is a big game for so many reasons. Illinois was a pre-season favorite (with Iowa), Illinois plays tough D on the perimeter, Hawks need to bounce back, on the road, Illinois has a super big dude in the middle, rivalry game, etc.

Hope the Hawks bring their shooting shoes.

This hyped games usually results in one team taking an early 10-2 lead. Will be interesting to see if it happens that way.

So that you don’t have to be surprised. Just prepare yourself for Ayo getting literally 3.5-4.5 steps on every drive without a travel.
That AND carrying the ball. He get's whistled for it occasionally but not nearly enough.

FWIW, that's my pet peeve on offense along with all the grabbing on defense in today's game.

Reactions: AlvySinger
Iowa has to be hitting from the perimeter. At least 8 made threes to keep the lane from becoming so packed that Luka will be entirely bottled up.
A poor perimeter shooting night from the Hawks and they are sunk.

Reactions: HawkBall23
That AND carrying the ball. He get's whistled for it occasionally but not nearly enough.

FWIW, that's my pet peeve on offense along with all the grabbing on defense in today's game.

There we go, here's the college basketball fans I know and love! Get him off!!!! Travel!!!!!!!

Could be our toughest game of the season. Will be hard fought right from the start. We better be prepared for a battle. I'm taking the Hawks 84-82. No missed free throws!

Reactions: Franisdaman
From the get-go, you've had [what once was] a top-5 team losing to Illinios?

F**k, lacking confidence AND expectation. I hate that.
I am not one of those fools that pick Iowa to win every game. Even Top 5 teams lose.

Winning at Illinois is not an easy task.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT