ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official Iowa at Minnesota Game thread ***

Brian still does some sh** with play calling that gets us in unnecessary trouble.

But other than that, it's at least nice that they finally realized that if teams can't stop the run.......then keep running the f***ing ball.
Glen Mason just agreedwith those of us that said there was no reason to throw the ball tonite. They could have run for 400 yards if they had tried.

Time of possession:
Iowa 24 minutes
Minnesota 36 minutes

You'd think Minnesota would have won by 30ish

So you think that having Glen Mason agree with you is a badge of honor?
Screw you! He's forgotten more about football than either of us will ever know.

Just verifying what many of us said during the game. Some things are kinda obvious. And several of us were likely screaming at the tube wondering what BF was doing, especially the end of the second quarter.

Just verifying what many of us said during the game. Some things are kinda obvious. And several of us were likely screaming at the tube wondering what BF was doing, especially the end of the second quarter.
Good comeback! He has forgotten a lot!

Iowa was playing for more than this game. It's not like they just needed to hand off and take a knee. They are playing a full season and, for Petris, 2-3 more years. Better to get him experience when they can. And the staff did. There is a reason why they are the coaches and you are an idiot posting on a chat board. ;)

Reactions: NorthDSMHawk
Good comeback! He has forgotten a lot!

Iowa was playing for more than this game. It's not like they just needed to hand off and take a knee. They are playing a full season and, for Petris, 2-3 more years. Better to get him experience when they can. And the staff did. There is a reason why they are the coaches and you are an idiot posting on a chat board. ;)
I see you're still pissed off about our little back and forth last year.

Give it up and enjoy the victory.

The end of the second quarter when he called run and got us down to the 7 which was called back for a BS hold to put us at 1st and 20? You’re talking about that drive, right? Just want to make sure we’re in the same page here.

Reactions: mthawkeyes
The end of the second quarter when he called run and got us down to the 7 which was called back for a BS hold to put us at 1st and 20? You’re talking about that drive, right? Just want to make sure we’re in the same page here.
That and earlier in the game when Iowa had 2nd and three and Petras threw the interception. I think the Hawks had MAYBE one run stopped behind the LOS.

That and earlier in the game when Iowa had 2nd and three and Petras threw the interception. I think the Hawks had MAYBE one run stopped behind the LOS.
Just so we’re clear, you’re upset with Brian on the end of half drive where he called off tackle which got us down to the 7 before a terrible hold call... gotcha.

Nothing wrong with a throw on 2nd and 3. You have to take shots at some point. We knew we could run, you take a shot or two when the defense is selling out. You also have a green QB that obviously needs work, and a sit down 7 yard route in the soft part of the zone on 2nd and 3 is a good call. Just a terrible throw.

Just so we’re clear, you’re upset with Brian on the end of half drive where he called off tackle which got us down to the 7 before a terrible hold call... gotcha.

Nothing wrong with a throw on 2nd and 3. You have to take shots at some point. We knew we could run, you take a shot or two when the defense is selling out. You also have a green QB that obviously needs work, and a sit down 7 yard route in the soft part of the zone on 2nd and 3 is a good call. Just a terrible throw.
I guess we'll just have to disagree on that 2nd and three. Those guys are getting paid pretty well to call plays.

Bottom line is Hawks won.

Have a good rest of the evening.

Reactions: NorthDSMHawk
and Mike P is the f'ing rules expert?????

Really kind of sad to hear him say it was bush league, especially when he was dead on about the holding call ( arguing w/ Brady) and both targeting calls earlier. I’d expect this comment from a commentator, but not a “rules expert” and former official. It’s even more pathetic when the “rules expert” is 100% wrong interpreting the rule or even what happened on the field.

As a fan, it looked like to me that KF was siding with his player who was demonstrative about it being an incomplete pass. KF 1.0 would have never attempted to challenge that play. I’m actually not sure Kirk 1.0 knew coach’s challenges were a thing. Good for Kirk for believing in his player, especially when his player was 100% right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT