ADVERTISEMENT

* * * OFFICIAL * * * Iowa @ isu Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuwaitHawk

HR Legend
Apr 18, 2004
Good morning HAWKEYE fans. Well, we have one game in the books and it is on to the one game every season that hardly any Iowa fan likes. It is the 40th edition of the in-state battle with ‘that team out west’ (a play on words from their clock) and the series has had some good games and some not so good games (any isu victory), not that I would want 40 in a row against the Clowns. Does KF put less emphasis on this game that other games on the schedule (are there 9 more important games on the schedule).

Going into the games, both teams are 1-0 with Iowa’s win coming against Wyoming and the isu win coming against UNI. Iowa had a rough start against Wyoming, but finished on a good note keeping Wyoming out of the end zone and out of the red zone also. It is said that a team will make a lot of improvement between the first and second game. Hopefully, Iowa’s improvements are fewer turnovers, more possession time and better protection for the QB. I see the key to the game as stopping the isu passing game. I see isu stacking the box forcing Iowa into a passing game. If Iowa can burn isu with a couple long passes, then the box will be opened to the run and Iowa can score on the ground.

Iowa’s defense will need to get a lot of pressure on the isu QB and keep their wide receivers in check. It will be a real test for the secondary covering the tall isu receivers. As for special teams, I think Iowa’s special teams will produce at least one touchdown if not more. The biggest question I think will be coin toss decision. I suspect Iowa will do their usual by taking the ball if they win the toss, but will isu defer hoping their defense can keep Iowa to a short series and forcing a punt or would they chose to receive and try to get up on Iowa early? I see this as being close for 2 ½ quarters, before Iowa flexes their muscles and pulls away from isu. In the end Iowa will score 31-37 points and hold isu to under 20. As custom follows – FIGHT for IOWA and GO HAWKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News