ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official OTT Thread*****

That surprised me too. Looked like a pin.
McKenna was stuck dead flat and that ref just lollygagged around not calling an obvious pin. I was rooting for McKenna too! I just hate seeing obvious injustices in any sport.

Yeah, BB seemed to have dominated that match, had what looked like a pin (at one point he might have even smiled while looking to the crowd), only to walk away with a 2-2 match after not getting any additional exposure points. Then the challenge put him down 2-3 (I may be wrong here).

Then almost gets the TD with 2 seconds left but its waved off. (Sparks made it sound like the right call, but the quad box didnt show replay).

Brutal way to lose

Last edited:
Yeah, BB seemed to have dominated that match, had what looked like a pin (at one point he might have even smiled while looking to the crowd), only to walk away with a 2-2 match after not getting any additional exposure points. Then the challenge put him down 2-3 (I may be wrong here).

Then almost gets the TD with 2 seconds left but its waved off. (Sparks made it sound like the right call, but the quad box didnt show replay).

Burtal way to lose
McKenna clearly the better wrestler.

• Love
Reactions: honkey69

Brutal way to lose
I'm only moderately well versed in freestyle scoring rules but... how do you have a guy on his back and like that and not get exposure points?

I think Spencer and his knees are fine.
Honestly, I'd rather see him fighting off the shots from Nico then trying to fight off a leg lace.

Marinelli ending up dominating Haynes was both enjoyable and oddly frustrating at the same time... Haynes will likely go 2-1-1-1 and Marinelli separated throughout the match.
Wouldn’t say dominated. I do respect guys like Marinelli, Joseph, Hall, Nico, etc. who grind to chase a dream that almost certainly won’t be realized. Especially hard for guys like Nico with a “real job” and grown up life (believe the rest are coaches or sponsored athletes).

As for Haines… he’s still 19. Same age as many high schoolers in the P4P ranking. Will be a legit contender for the 2028 team when he has man strength, freestyle savvy and still only be 23.

Wouldn’t say dominated. I do respect guys like Marinelli, Joseph, Hall, Nico, etc. who grind to chase a dream that almost certainly won’t be realized. Especially hard for guys like Nico with a “real job” and grown up life (believe the rest are coaches or sponsored athletes).

As for Haines… he’s still 19. Same age as many high schoolers in the P4P ranking. Will be a legit contender for the 2028 team when he has man strength, freestyle savvy and still only be 23.
I'm sure he will improve but he already has man strength. He is one of the strongest guys in college wrestling.

I'm sure he will improve but he already has man strength. He is one of the strongest guys in college wrestling.
Yes and no. He’s a horse for college 157. But Alex was a horse for college 165 and looks more beastly as he did then.

Yeah my bigger point is it's hard to watch that match and realize one of those two never won a ncaa title and the other will likely win 3. Haines doesn't get taken down much at all and Alex had what 3?

Yeah my bigger point is it's hard to watch that match and realize one of those two never won a ncaa title and the other will likely win 3. Haines doesn't get taken down much at all and Alex had what 3?
Haines is strong for 57. He doesn’t have the 65 strength yet.

Reactions: Tcalumet
You're comparing apples to oranges. Even neutral games are a little different among the two styles.

Marinelli ending up dominating Haynes was both enjoyable and oddly frustrating at the same time... Haynes will likely go 2-1-1-1 and Marinelli separated throughout the match.
Haines got rolled by Facundo too, so forgive me if I don't get too excited about Marinelli beating him. I'm guessing he's not quite big enough for 74k. Those dudes are probably quite a bit bigger and stronger than guys like Levi and Shapiro.

Is it just one mens FS match at a time tonight? I don't see a multi mat view option on peacock tonight. Want to make sure I'm not missing matches.
It looks like they have the MFS bouts staggered across all three mats and mixed with other styles. Seems like the idea is to have one each at a time, but I suppose they could overlap if a match goes really long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT