ADVERTISEMENT

*****OFFICIAL TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL THREAD*****

There are two basic elements that must be satisfied. 1. That there was a prior crime. Looks like we have that with Trump falsifying records when he directed Cohen to pay Stormy off and hiding this payment as legal fees. And 2. That this prior crime was done to interfere with the election. This is precisely what Pecker testified about today. He specifically said all of this was done in service of Trump's campaign. Trump's screwed.
I’m not questioning the evidence presented in court. It’s a no brainer Trump did what he’s charged with. Even the most incompetent lawyer could prove the case against Trump.

I still don’t believe all 12 members of the jury are going to vote for a conviction.

I’m not questioning the evidence presented in court. It’s a no brainer Trump did what he’s charged with. Even the most incompetent lawyer could prove the case against Trump.

I still don’t believe all 12 members of the jury are going to vote for a conviction.
Maybe. But that will be an immense amount of pressure to say not guilty. The juries didn't for the E Jean rape trial. They didn't for the NY fraud trial. I'm guessing they will realize that there's no real choice with this one, too.

GL4E7gFXUAA7-h4

Maybe. But that will be an immense amount of pressure to say not guilty. The juries didn't for the E Jean rape trial. They didn't for the NY fraud trial. I'm guessing they will realize that there's no real choice with this one, too.
I sincerely hope you’re right.

I’m so sick of Trump, MAGA, and what it has done to the country and the party I have predominantly voted for my entire adult life.

It’s disgusting. My sincere hope is Trump continues to age, suffers unending humiliation, and dies of a massive stroke or heart attack by the summer.

I don't think he will be convicted for the reason you mention. It is very likely there is a right leaning juror who decided before being selected that Cheeto is not guilty and will vote to acquit him. No amount of pressure will change that decision. This is a lot like the OJ trial. As Ron Goldman's sister said in an interview in 2017, they could have had video of OJ committing the crimes and there were jurors who would still have refused to vote to convict him.

It's an almost lock that Trump will have to take the stand. Peckers testimony was damning. He confirmed that there was a conspiracy to interfere with the election. And from here on out it looks unlikely that any future witnesses will cast doubt on this theory. Trump won't have a choice. Either he sits and lets all this election interference testimony go unchallenged. Or he takes the stand to give his side of things.

He won't

He will continue claiming his 'gag order' prevented him from doing so.

So you believe all 12 on that jury are going to vote to convict Trump?

Unless there is someone who contradicts the testimony Pecker put forth, it is currently a sure bet that he violated NY laws (and federal laws) by his campaign coordinating w/ a media outlet.

I'm reasonably certain other witnesses will corroborate what Pecker testified to (his testimony, alone, may not be completely adequate, although there's quite a bit of email/written evidence that is consistent with it)

I don't think he will be convicted for the reason you mention. It is very likely there is a right leaning juror who decided before being selected that Cheeto is not guilty and will vote to acquit him. No amount of pressure will change that decision. This is a lot like the OJ trial. As Ron Goldman's sister said in an interview in 2017, they could have had video of OJ committing the crimes and there were jurors who would still have refused to vote to convict him.
Thing is voir dire likely weeded the hard core Trumpers out. Prosecutors seem to know their stuff. I would be surprised if they let any serious threats to a guilty verdict slip by.

Thing is voir dire likely weeded the hard core Trumpers out. Prosecutors seem to know their stuff. I would be surprised if they let any serious threats to a guilty verdict slip by.

I hope they succeeded. We'll find out in 5 or 6 weeks. That's really the determinant. Did they weed out any and every would be rogue juror. Everything else about this case is a slam dunk.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Trump's defense was incredibly flimsy to begin with: "Yes, he did all of this. Yes he cheated on his wife. Yes he tried to pay the mistress off to stay quiet. Yes, he directed his lawyer to make the payment. Yes, he falsified records to do so. But none of this was illegal."

He's in deep doo doo. And not just the stuff he's sitting on while he takes naps in court.
No one.. Again no one pays a woman over a hundred thousand dollars not to sleep with him..

Stop with the "kid gloves"

Fine him now; next violation you spend the trial week in a jail cell as an "example" of how your life will be for the rest of the trial if you do it again.

This fake trial is a Democrat election interference campaign fever dream. Holy hell what a shit show and complete waste of time and money.

99.5% of the country has already decided who they are voting for and absolutely nothing is going to change that.
Good thing this trial isn't about this upcoming election. It's about holding people accountable for crimes using the justice system setup by the Constitution.

If Biden committed crimes, would you want him held accountable for them?

Say what you like about trump these charges stink. I've read a number of legal opinions on this trial and many seem to think this prosecutors basis for the charges is poorly premised.

I think there is zero chance he gets convicted. But just my opinion. Vamos a ver.

He is daring the Judge to toss him in the pokey. It will make him a martyr to his base and they will go to great lengths to save him from the evil, Putin-like, Joe Biden.
i think there's a decent chance trump wants to get thrown in jail for a night...it helps his "unfair persecution" case and you (and he) know he's not just going to get thrown into gen pop at rikers

gets attention off what seems to be pretty clear violations of the law and back on how unfair everything and everyone is being to him (which is his only real defense at this point)

i think there's a decent chance trump wants to get thrown in jail for a night...it helps his "unfair persecution" case and you (and he) know he's not just going to get thrown into gen pop at rikers

gets attention off what seems to be pretty clear violations of the law and back on how unfair everything and everyone is being to him (which is his only real defense at this point)
Yep. I mean they make him sit in a chair all day….so unfair.

He is daring the Judge to toss him in the pokey. It will make him a martyr to his base and they will go to great lengths to save him from the evil, Putin-like, Joe Biden.
His base and is family isn't showing up, and it's pissing him off. He is daring the judge to throw him in jail to energize his falling ratings, and because he thinks it grinds the trial to a halt and produces something to immediately appeal.

His base and is family isn't showing up, and it's pissing him off. He is daring the judge to throw him in jail to energize his falling ratings, and because he thinks it grinds the trial to a halt and produces something to immediately appeal.

Some legal talking heads have said the judge could defer the sentencing for that until the end of the trial knowing that any jail time would delay it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT