ADVERTISEMENT

player's leaving.

BRANDONJ8

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 23, 2010
which two player's will leave the program after spring ball. I know we are at 87 scholarships. we usually lose player's after spring ball. ya I know we half to be at 85 before summer camp. thanks.

The odds are we will have at least one academic casualty and one injury casualty. Probably another guy who sees he won't get the playing time he thinks he deserves.

The odds are we will have at least one academic casualty and one injury casualty. Probably another guy who sees he won't get the playing time he thinks he deserves.

I am pretty sure you don't lose your scholarship due to injury and I believe it still counts against that 85.

I am pretty sure you don't lose your scholarship due to injury and I believe it still counts against that 85.

Not if someone has an injury severe enough to end their career. Sounds like this is a real possibility with Cooper.

Severely injured players can be moved to medical hardship scholarship those do not count toward 85 limit They will probably wait untilAugust to decide about Cooper.

If you are in the $EC, the injury can be as severe as a hang nail to get moved to medical if it has been determined you aren't good enough to play.

Sealby, Ward, Spears, Cooper, all depending on how they progress, physicals, could be done, or put on MHS. Usually, a 5th year senior that has chronic injuries, and can't pass a physical, isn't going to play.

Sealby, Ward, Spears, Cooper, all depending on how they progress, physicals, could be done, or put on MHS. Usually, a 5th year senior that has chronic injuries, and can't pass a physical, isn't going to play.

What happened to Spears?

What happened to Spears?

I don't know of anything specifically, but he is a 5th year senior behind two RS Frosh at his position. If he can't go this fall, we may get the obligatory announcement that he is ending his career.

If you are in the $EC, the injury can be as severe as a hang nail to get moved to medical if it has been determined you aren't good enough to play.

If that makes you feel better, believe it. But it is not true. That happened a few years back, around 2008, in particular when Saban did this at AL to get rid of some supposed deadwood at AL. This caused the SEC to institute a rigorous review of medical red shirts and reclassified players due to injury. It takes a literal ton of evidence to get one approved now. There are not near as many classified so since about 2009 and they are all due to serious injuries.

I believe the last one at LSU was about 4 years ago was an incoming freshman WR who had a neck injury in summer practice even before his first fall.

If they feel someone is abusing a gray area that creates a disadvantage to other SEC teams they fix it in the conference.The SEC schools themselves are the best policemen.

If that makes you feel better, believe it. But it is not true. That happened a few years back, around 2008, in particular when Saban did this at AL to get rid of some supposed deadwood at AL. This caused the SEC to institute a rigorous review of medical red shirts and reclassified players due to injury. It takes a literal ton of evidence to get one approved now. There are not near as many classified so since about 2009 and they are all due to serious injuries.

I believe the last one at LSU was about 4 years ago was an incoming freshman WR who had a neck injury in summer practice even before his first fall.

If they feel someone is abusing a gray area that creates a disadvantage to other SEC teams they fix it in the conference.The SEC schools themselves are the best policemen.
Now the cheating bastards just cut kids for no reason.

B

ill,'the practice has gone on as late as 2012 at one $Ec school. Can't speak for others but I can't imagine this school is much different then the other schools . This isn't a 'my friends brothers, cousins, 2 brother from a different mother story' it doesn't sound like medical proof was difficult to have.

surprised Rucker left as he was mentioned among the people who had a great spring. Granted he was behind 3 corners but King might leave after this year.

No one is cut. But each player has a review at the end of spring practice and told how he stands in the depth chart and where he needs to improve to advance. At LSU a letter following the review is sent on the discussion. Some players without good prospects decide to leave. Others stay the full 4 years. A player is only suspended if he violates University, NCAA, or team rules and regulations. The # of players that leave voluntarily varies from year to year.

I believe this is fairly standard procedure at many schools. I would think that Iowa has such a procedure. I was employed by 2 Fortune 500 companies and they both had taken similar actions in annual employee reviews.

The process at Alabama has also included being told you can keep a scholarship due to medical issues that hadn't substantially changed their playing ability. As an employer the school can send out all the 'official' letters they want. Do you think these kids are going to throw away the connections they gain by going along with the program? If you have worked at Fortune 500's you know the game, if you don't acknowledge that then you are being intellectually disingenuous

No one is cut. But each player has a review at the end of spring practice and told how he stands in the depth chart and where he needs to improve to advance. At LSU a letter following the review is sent on the discussion. Some players without good prospects decide to leave. Others stay the full 4 years. A player is only suspended if he violates University, NCAA, or team rules and regulations. The # of players that leave voluntarily varies from year to year.

I believe this is fairly standard procedure at many schools. I would think that Iowa has such a procedure. I was employed by 2 Fortune 500 companies and they both had taken similar actions in annual employee reviews.
Do actually believe the crap you are typing? SEC schools routinely let guys go sometimes as late as August leaving them nowhere to go.

which two players will leave the program after spring ball? know we are at 87 scholarships. We usually lose players after spring ball. Ya I know we have to be at 85 before summer camp. Thanks.
I really had to edit this thing for grammar. I can't imagine I'm the only one that got a headache from the OP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT